My TJ LCOG build "Uncharted" - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My TJ LCOG build "Uncharted"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 06-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #91
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Started working on my tub body mounts today...now I see why they fall apart its two layers, a super nice place for salt and moisture to get in and fester. Not for long though, didn't have a ton of time but I got one cut out and cleaned up so I can start fabricating after work tomorrow.

On a side note make sure you cut on the out side of the spot welds this will make removal much easier.

img_0242.jpg   img_0241.jpg   img_0243.jpg   img_0245.jpg   img_0246.jpg  

img_0247.jpg  

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
IceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #92
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know who to contact to change the name of my thread?

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #93
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So I finished up the body mounts today. I built them out of 3/16, and will be applying Rust Bullet inside the channel and outside to seal it off from the elements. Same process I used when I did my frame. Here are a few pics from today of cutting and welding. After my friend and I got going and I sort of forgot to take pictures. I am glad I chose to make them instead of buying new replacement parts (granted I have the tools to do it) and have to cut the entire channel out. Plus during the build I built those 4 locations to not need the 1/2 lift portion of my 1/2 Rokmen body lift. We'll see how it holds up.
img_0248-1.jpg   img_0249-1.jpg   img_0251-1.jpg   img_0253-1.jpg   img_0255-1.jpg  

img_0257-1.jpg   img_0258-1.jpg   img_0259-1.jpg   img_0263-1.jpg   img_0267-1.jpg  

Unread 06-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #94
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Spent the morning and afternoon picking up my tub from where I did the mounts over the past two days. And then it was, wash the bottom and then a few layers of POR15.
I also decided I'm going to coat the entire bottom with the Dupli-color kevlar bed armor. I have been using the stuff for a few years now at work on our bucket trucks and this stuff takes some crazy abuse.

A few months ago now, someone posted up on here about the track bar not looking correct. After further research it is not made for the suspension i have in my jeep. I only have 2 inches of lift and this bar needs min. of 3-6.
So I have a brand new rear JKS track bar I'm not going to be using if anyone needs it.
Now to find one that will fit correctly....

Unread 06-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #95
Morris369
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKnight
Spent the morning and afternoon picking up my tub from where I did the mounts over the past two days. And then it was, wash the bottom and then a few layers of POR15.
I also decided I'm going to coat the entire bottom with the Dupli-color kevlar bed armor. I have been using the stuff for a few years now at work on our bucket trucks and this stuff takes some crazy abuse.

A few well months ago now, someone posted up on here about the track bar not looking correct. After further research it is not made for the suspension i have in my jeep. I only have 2 inches of lift and this bar needs min. of 3-6.
So I have a brand new rear JKS track bar I'm not going to be using if anyone needs it.
Now to find one that will fit correctly....
Or you could go for more lift.....

On a serious note, por15 is some amazing stuff. I used to sell it at trade shows when I was working at a body shop. Loved doing the hit the pipe coated with it with a bfh test to show how strong it is. Where I work now we make stainless steel cable for various applications, but the huge spools we used for 1.125" cable kept rusting and no epoxy was holding up to the abuse. I suggested por15, now every single spool has been coated with it for a little over a year and still looks like its freshly coated. Love that stuff.
Morris369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #96
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm trying to keep things are low as possible, I have highline tube fenders and am going to be cutting my rear corner guards to fit 35''+ on 2-2.5 inches of lift.
I'm shooting to get the tub on the frame come Thursday night but that means Ill have gotten my fuel pump and lines all run and installed which might be pushing things but we'll see what happens.

Unread 06-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #97
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKnight
Does anyone know who to contact to change the name of my thread?
I'm sure any mod can - have you pmed anyone?

Sent from iPhone
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #98
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have not heard back from anyone yet. Hopefully will soon.

Unread 06-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #99
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Spent Monday night covering the bottom of the tub with the Duplicolor DuPont Kevlar undercoat, I'm hoping its all cured up when I get home tonight so i can install my tub onto my frame. Its been so humid out that its been taking its sweet time curing.

Anyone know where I can pick up new frame mount clips for the fuel and brake lines? I have been looking everywhere and have come up with nothing.
img_0269-1.jpg

Unread 06-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #100
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So this has been an interesting week.
One week ago today I ended up smashing my head at work on a truck frame we are building and got to get 7 staples (just got them pulled today)
Because of that haven't really gotten a whole lot done, but this is what i did get finished up.

Starting with the fuel tank.
Cleaned out, New pump, new breather lines and fittings.
I took enough pics for a step by step of swapping the fuel pump.

To make your life easier get as much fuel out of the tank as you can before starting this.

1. Remove bezel. (Sorry no pic of this, I currently don't have one) Drop tank enough to remove the fuel pressure line, vapor line and electrical connector. The pressure line is the one that will most likely put up a fight. You need to depress the two tabs on the blue clip and pull at the same time. Then remove the vapor lines, a pair of pliers will help break the seal the vapor line will most likely have a little twisting motion will go along way. I choose to replace everything seeing as how I already had everything apart.
2. Remove tank skid and gas tank. If your tank straps are in good shape leave them be, if not again this is the time to replace them.
3. You need to remove the metal retaining clip that goes across the top. Flat head screw driver will help with this.
4. Keep that flat head in your hand, you can use it and a small hammer to slowly loosen the retaining ring that hold the fuel pump in the tank.
5. Ta da and out comes the fuel pump.

I found my filter element just kinda floating around in my tank... not really the recommended way to filter fuel.

6. Then pull the seal out of the hole, if it didn't come off already. Your new pump should come with a new one.
7. I took this time to completely clean out my tank, I siphoned the last 3/4 of a gallon of gas out and wipe the inside clean with a few lint free clothes.

If you ever wondered what the inside of you tank looks like...there ya go.

8. Now reverse order. Install gasket, Install pump, making sure the arrows are facing the proper direction. (should be toward the front of the Jeep)
9. Fight with retaining ring to go on.
10. Replace your blue retaining clip and vapor lines
11. Lift tank into position and reconnect fuel pressure and vapor lines and plug in the electrical line.
12. Re-install bezel.
img_0315.jpg   img_0319.jpg   img_0317.jpg   img_0321.jpg   img_0322.jpg  

img_0323.jpg   img_0326.jpg   img_0327.jpg   img_0329.jpg   img_0331.jpg  

Unread 06-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #101
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

More pics
img_0336.jpg   img_0339.jpg   img_0341.jpg  

Unread 09-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #102
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well its been around two months since I've posted anything about my Jeep... you see about two days after I did the fuel pump and some brake line stuff (that will be up soon) I smashed my head and was lucky enough to get 7 staples in my head.

I healed up just in time for a trip to Duluth for an AMSOIL meeting. I came home and spent two weeks at work right before my vacation (Las Vegas and surrounding national parks for hiking) and a tire at my work (split rim) blew-up in my face while filling it with air (boss "set up" the rim and tire, he didn't bother to check and make sure the rim and tire size where compatible) and rocketed me across the garage. I was lucky enough to only have a large egg under my chin, extremely sore jaw (it was shifted 3/4 of an inch to the right) and a broken left arm. I finally have enough motion in my arm so I can type. Kinda funny because just this week I can give a thumbs up with my left hand now.

So back to my Jeep.

I got the brake lines installed before I got the tub on the frame. But because I built the upper control arm mounts I needed to build a small bracket for the brake line from the axle to attach to the brake line on the frame. So here are a few quick shots of that.
head-meet-truck-1.jpg

img_0342-1.jpg

img_0344-1.jpg

img_0347-1.jpg

img_0349-1.jpg

img_0351-1.jpg

img_0352-1.jpg

img_0363-1.jpg

Unread 09-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #103
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

That same weekend I also picked up my 4" tail lights, grommets and plugs and put a hole saw to the tub. Rather simple process but something you want to take your time with and not rush. It came out really nice.

Find the center of the hole to be cut. (This was a little easier having the rear guards bolted to the Jeep that had the cutouts in it)
Pre-drill a pilot hole.
Next cut the hole
Deburr the sharp spots
Check light fitment
Paint
Drink beer for doing an awesome job
img_0389-1.jpg

img_0385-1.jpg

img_0386-1.jpg

img_0387-1.jpg

img_0390-11.jpg

Unread 09-08-2013, 04:16 AM   #104
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Great build man, Keep it up !
Unread 09-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #105
Sahara_Hemi

Always makes you prouder when it's built with ur own blood sweat and tears
Sahara_Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.