My TJ LCOG build "Uncharted" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My TJ LCOG build "Uncharted"

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #31
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Replacing it is really not that bad, ill get the write-up up tonight if I can.
Not having the airbag doesn't bother me at all, I don't drive my Jeep crazy and growing up half my cars didn't have air bags anyway. I'm working on a way to by-pass the dash light for inspection but just haven't taken the time to do it yet.

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
IceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #32
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

This box showed up today...with this in it. All pre-bent stainless steel brake tubing.
img_3197-1.jpg   img_3200-1.jpg   img_3201-1.jpg  

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:14 AM   #33
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Little bit of an update...spent the last few weeks working on coating the frame with the base layer of rust bullet and this weekend ill be putting the finishing top coat on. After everything fully sets up ill be chasing all the threaded holes on the frame to make things nice and easy for installing bumpers, sway bars and brake lines.

Over the last few weeks I received my Black Rock wheels. I went with the alloy Type D Series 909 and yesterday I picked up my tires from Tirerack. Got the last 4 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/ Kevlar that they had. In the 35x12.50R15 variety.

Also picked up a local set of Rokmen Highline fenders...more to come tonight.

Unread 11-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #34
kashoggio

sounds awesome my man, a real clean build up done right.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #35
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So here is the progress I have made thus far with the frame, 4 coats of Rust Bullet and then two coats of the Black Shell top coat.
img_4221.jpg   img_4222.jpg   img_4223.jpg   img_4237.jpg   img_4241.jpg  

Unread 11-26-2011, 05:38 AM   #36
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

While I was painting the frame I also cleaned up and repainted my OME Shocks, and did the gas tank skid, trans skid and fenders. I used Dupli-Color Bed Armor for the underside of the fenders, and Rust Bullet for the top and outer part of the fender. Also spent a few cleaning up my JKS control arms.
img_4242.jpg   img_4243.jpg   img_4244.jpg   img_4245.jpg  

Unread 11-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #37
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

And here is my pile o tires and a shot of my wheels.
img_4231.jpg   img_4233.jpg  

Unread 11-26-2011, 05:47 AM   #38
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

During the last few weeks I spent a night pulling the motor apart. At the moment I have only pulled the head and accessories off going to tear the block down this week I hope. Need to get this thing to the shop to get it hot tanked and the valve job done.
img_4202.jpg   img_4214.jpg  

Unread 11-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #39
Athenaskush
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good job so far good luck on the rest
Athenaskush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #40
oakmckinley
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job!

Good luck with those NAPA premium rotors, I just bought some for my XJ and they had to be machined right out of the box.
1964 Ford Fairlane 500
oakmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #41
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, its coming along. Like any project its taking twice as long as originally expected.

Ill have to see about the rotors, I use them on a regular basis and have not had any problems with them yet...although if I do ill be taking them back and ordering some new ones from EBC.

Unread 11-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #42
theycallmesdz
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good so far. That frame is sweet!!
theycallmesdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #43
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have finally restarted work on my project. The last time I posted was a year ago and within that year I was busy rebuilding an 1987 Wrangler with a 1997 4.0L swap for a buddy of mine, which completely drained me of all working/motivational energy on my project. But that has changed now that that project is all done. Info, pics and maybe a few write ups coming soon. I'm finally back to making progress ...today's goal; get the frame rolling...wish me luck.

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #44
kfretto
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i like the removable steering wheel as well because it is really hard to steal a car if there is no steering wheel haha i have been wanting to do it for a few years now just never got around to it
kfretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #45
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So my day went well, got the frame from looking like this....to this....YAY its finally rolling awesome progress for one 12 hour day. More detailed pic coming.
img_4249.jpg   img_0737-1.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.