My TJ LCOG build "Uncharted" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My TJ LCOG build "Uncharted"

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #16
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Back to my Jeep. The last thing that was done to it before going under the knife was a new soft-top. I had been eyeing a Rampage top for quite a while now. I like the ability of going to a safari top in just a few moment works out great.
Best part, once again my awesome wife had ordered it through my own business contacts right under my nose and had it shipped to the house very sneaky sneaky.

img_3091-1.jpg  

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
IceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

How much did u get your manifold(headers) for and where? I bought my jeep with a cracked manifold also. I also just bought the rampage top for my tj, I like it alot
ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #18
BrandonJames
1974 CJ5 

Thats a nice looking H1, only hummer I would ever own. Theres a guy around here that drives a solar yellow one, its pretty sweet.
BrandonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post
How much did u get your manifold(headers) for and where? I bought my jeep with a cracked manifold also. I also just bought the rampage top for my tj, I like it alot
I think at the time I paid like $130 for it I got it off Ebay. But I have an account with Crown and can get them for about $130 still direct from them.

I can defiantly say that the top is nice, really easy to install and fits great.

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
Unread 09-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #20
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJames View Post
Thats a nice looking H1, only hummer I would ever own. Theres a guy around here that drives a solar yellow one, its pretty sweet.

They really are amazing trucks, the stuff they can do in stock form is awesome. I will own one someday, it was a tease having a close friend with one that didn't mind who drove it.

Unread 09-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #21
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This it the HP Dana 30, I pulled it and my 8.8 from a local junk yard. $125 for the D30 and $150 for the 8.8. The D30 came out of a 1999 Cherokee and the 8.8 came out of a 2001 Ford Explorer. I ended up getting a set of 4:10ís for the D30 and 8.8 from a local club member that just swapped out his gearing for a great price.

I added a little strength in a few spots on the D30 and replaced the upper control arm bushings while I was at it. I sprayed on a little cover up paint for the time being, planning on doing Rust Bullet on it.

I shaved everything off the 8.8 after I got my mounting kit in from Iron Rock Offroad. Really nice kit, more pics of it to come. Also picked up the Currie brake hardware mounting kit. Here is a few quick picís of the spring perches.
img_2662-1.jpg   img_3112-1.jpg   img_3118-1.jpg   img_3122-1.jpg   img_3190-1.jpg  

Unread 09-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #22
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The 8.8 came through with the factory LSD. I swapped the gears over on both of the axles. Ended up getting a new carrier for the D30, the axle I got had 3.55's in it. And I also got Yukon master rebuild kits for both. And a quick pic of my Rust Bullet stuff...gotta love living in the rust belt.
img_3191-1.jpg   img_3193.jpg   img_3194-1.jpg   img_3195-1.jpg   img_3196-1.jpg  

Unread 09-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #23
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Currie brake parts kit.

Here are the rebuild kits and the brakes for the D30. As you can tell by now, I have been buying parts for just a little while now. And there's more to come.
img_3148-1.jpg   img_3155-1.jpg   img_3153-1.jpg  

Unread 09-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #24
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

On to the frame.

So here is the frame I am currently working on. Rear part of it near the control arms was already having problems so I solved that by cutting it out and replacing on both sides and then fish plateing over it. I only have a few pics of this, frame is still at a friendís house, hopping to get it home this weekend.
img_3101-1.jpg   img_3105-1.jpg   img_3124-1.jpg   img_3125-1.jpg   img_3126-1.jpg  

Unread 09-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #25
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Also on the frame, the kid I bought it from partially cut the track bar mount off. So I finished cutting it off and picked up a TNT front track bar kit. Great product very beefy and keyed up right in place.
img_3104-1.jpg   img_3149-1.jpg   img_3107-1.jpg   img_3109-1.jpg  

Unread 09-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #26
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The last thing I wanted to do was replace all the nutserts for the transfer case skid a few of them where already broken so I ordered up 6 of them and got to work.

I cut the spot welds off of each one, and used and air chisel to get them off. The inside part falls into the frame but I will be getting those out when I move the frame to my house. Installing them is very easy, was most likely easier for me also because the frame was upside down. I used the install "tool" and I started each one with an impact so as to not kill myself making the metal initially start to flex and then finished each off with a torque wrench to 80ft lbs. Tacked them in and it was done. I think it was the easiest fix on the frame so far.
img_3157-1.jpg   img_3163-1.jpg   img_3173-1.jpg   img_3179-1.jpg  

Unread 09-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So this is what's left of my Jeep now, still in the process of pulling everything off my old frame and tub. Driveline is out and awaiting tear down which should be happening soon. I want to get my frame and tub out of the garage first, which shouldn't take to much more.
img_3161-1.jpg   img_3183-1.jpg   img_3188-1.jpg  

Unread 09-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #28
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So that's basically where I am now. I have a pile of stuff waiting to be used like a Rokmen tansfer case skid and gas tank skid, F.A.L. electric fan, Old Man Emu 2.5 lift springs, JKS Rear adjustable track bar, all fluids for my Jeep will be from AMSOIL, Solid front and rear differential covers with LubeLocker gaskets.

Still have my ARB Rocker Guards and Mopar Rock Bumper, along with my JKS quicker discos, Rusty's Braided SS brake lines and my NRG / Momo removable steering wheel, will be transferring all stereo equipment with the additions of a newly redesigned sound bar that holds an 8 inch sub along with the normal 6.5 speakers and dome light.

And the big brown truck should be dropping more stuff off today.
img_3146-1.jpg   img_3147-1.jpg   img_3150-1.jpg   img_3151-1.jpg   img_3186-1.jpg  

Unread 09-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #29
IceKnight
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So here is the removable steering wheel. I have a write up for this but never got around to posting it. Its a great system components are made by NRG a company more well known to car then Jeeps and trucks, super conformable steering wheel and the last picture has the steering wheel lock on it.
img_3185-1.jpg   img_9683-1.jpg   img_9721-1.jpg   img_9724-1.jpg  

Unread 09-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #30
MagnumPI
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Kick-*** steering wheel man. What all did you have to do to replace it I was thinking about changing mine out as well. Also How do you feel about not having an airbag now? Thats like the only thing stopping me from switching mine out...
[COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow Jeep Club Member #1337[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/back-stock-beyond-2000-tj-build-1263116/"]Back to Stock, and Beyond! 2000 TJ Build[/URL]
MagnumPI is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.