My TJ LCOG build "Uncharted" - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My TJ LCOG build "Uncharted"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #136
IceKnight
Ambitious but Rubbish

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So to catch up with the lighting here are my front indicator lights all installed along with the markers.

I also got my brake/turns done out back as well and added some single very hidden led's for reverse lights. I got some power into the harness and everything works fantastically ...say for needing a proper led indicator relay.

With a small amount of "bracket adjusting" using only the most specialized of tools (cutoff wheel and a hammer) I was able to get the fuse box and fuel system components to fit.

So sort of awesome news. My amazing wife once again slipped a fast one by me and ordered up my rocker guards last week and they showed up yesterday I must say I think she wants this thing done as much as I do.

As per normal awesome welds from Rokmen. These things are beefy landing at a nice hefty 42lbs each. bye bye any hope of mpg's

Because of the Rokmen fenders and the extra wheel well space they afford me, I do have some trimming to do to make them fit perfectly.

So conveniently enough the same day she ordered my rocker guards was the same day I ordered my steering box skid from Rokmen. Which I was going to install last night but that's just not going to work apparently. I need to figure out which side to cut/grind down to make this thing fit.

My front recovery point on the drivers side is juuust in the way a little. I'm thinking grinding the skid (which unfortunately came powered coated) because I think grinding any beef off a recovery point seems not so intelligent. What do you guys think?

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
IceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #137
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Depends on how thick the point is....
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #138
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do you have more pics of relocating the evap stuff?
Unread 12-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #139
IceKnight
Ambitious but Rubbish

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'll measure it up tomorrow.

I can take some more pics tomorrow as well. Any thing specific your looking to see?

On the way home from the Patriots epic game winning ending to a freezing game.

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
Unread 12-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #140
TJSteve22

Just read your entire thread and I'm pretty jealous. Your Jeep is going to look nice when it's done. You've also given me quite a few ideas on how to spend my deployment money, Which shouldn't take to long to do lol.
TJSteve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #141
IceKnight
Ambitious but Rubbish

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey TJSteve, welcome to the forums and thanks for the comments. I'm happy to hear that I have done something to inspire along the way.

Where are you being deployed?

Unread 12-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #142
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice read so far , keep up the good work .

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/just-another-lj-build-1055533/] Just another LJ build[/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/moab-utah-june-1st-june-14th-2013-a-1444235/]June 2013 Moab Trip [/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/tj-wrangler-trailer-build-1427938/]Wrangler tub trailer build[/url]
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #143
TJSteve22

Thanks man. And you've definitely accomplished that.

I'm currently deployed. Cant really say where I'm located though.
TJSteve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #144
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKnight View Post
I'll measure it up tomorrow.

I can take some more pics tomorrow as well. Any thing specific your looking to see?

On the way home from the Patriots epic game winning ending to a freezing game.
Just what ever you can show. I am about to have to relocate mine.
Unread 12-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #145
IceKnight
Ambitious but Rubbish

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Do you have more pics of relocating the evap stuff?
Here are a few pics I took tonight.

I ended up taking everything apart, cutting off this part of the mounting bracket and drilling a few holes to mount it with some hardware and put it back together on the fender. Things are close but everything thing fits and it's sturdy enough.
img_7371.jpg

img_7372.jpg

img_7373.jpg

img_7379.jpg

img_7381.jpg

Unread 12-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #146
IceKnight
Ambitious but Rubbish

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I also got my rear bumper in. Needs a little more clearance for perfect fitment before getting painted which Ill be taking care of later on this week.

I also measured the front bumper where the tow hook is and its just over 1/2 inch, so Ill be doing a small amount of grinding on that for proper fitment of the steering skid.
img_7384.jpg

img_7387.jpg

img_7388.jpg

Unread 12-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #147
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #148
IceKnight
Ambitious but Rubbish

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I spent the day in the garage and got my rear bumper fitted, along with my rocker guards and the steering box guard (what a pain this was because of my bumper). Now I have to remove it all and get it painted.
img_7399-1.jpg

Unread 12-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #149
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lookking good man! Nice progress.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #150
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks and looking good.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.