My TJ-The Evolution of a Lady - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My TJ-The Evolution of a Lady

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #46
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

What's the plan for the rest of it?

I looked at the jeep profile, but it didn't have a whole lot of info as far as the axles/trans/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #47
OntarioPatriot
2008 MK Patriot 

Where on God's earth were women like you when I was your age?

At any rate, nice work. I like what you've done so far though I have to admit I've never been sold on headlight tinting.
Of course a Jeep is an aspirational vehicle, no less then a Porsche or a BMW. You ever hear anyone say wistfully, "Man, I wish I owned a Ford Taurus."? But you mention "Jeep" to someone and they can't help thinking of adventure...
OntarioPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #48
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Pretty cool stuff so far! Looking forward to see it on some new tires and the rest of your plans.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #49
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rudy- View Post
What's the plan for the rest of it?

I looked at the jeep profile, but it didn't have a whole lot of info as far as the axles/trans/etc.
I know, that's because most of that stuff is just stock still. I'm a college kid on a college kid's budget, but tires are coming in the next few weeks for me ( ) After that I'm heading to LA for a few weeks so that's gonna suck up all the money but after THAT I'm gonna start saving up for a long arm lift kit and lockers and gears. As for axles...I kinda figure it's a "wheel till it's broke and then upgrade" sort of situation. Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioPatriot View Post
Where on God's earth were women like you when I was your age?

At any rate, nice work. I like what you've done so far though I have to admit I've never been sold on headlight tinting.
Haha thanks! I don't meet many girl Jeepers, which is kind of a drag. I guess it's mostly a guy thing. I love Jeeps and working on cars and stuff though. And I'm not even a lesbian! Haha! But thanks x2, I know the light tint isn't everybody's cup of tea. But if everybody liked the same things the world would be a hell of a boring place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino View Post
Pretty cool stuff so far! Looking forward to see it on some new tires and the rest of your plans.
Thanks! I'm sooo excited for different tires I can't even tell you. Except I'm not sure how it's going to drive with the gearing ratio and bigger tires. Well, a regear will probably be in order if it loses to much performance...eh, more money, I should be used to it. Jeep really does eat every paycheck!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #50
Trevino
1999 WJ 

What size tire are you going with? It might not be to bad, I'm running 33" tires with stock 3.73 gears on my WJ, I was gonna regear. Decided to just deal with it a while longer and swap axles, doing lockers and gears. Unless you have a heavy foot you will manage a while.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #51
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

did my headlights a couple months back and just came across your build, nice tj i want one again.

i did my lights exactly like you funny how i just found your build lol heres mine

Unread 04-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #52
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
I know, that's because most of that stuff is just stock still. I'm a college kid on a college kid's budget, but tires are coming in the next few weeks for me ( ) After that I'm heading to LA for a few weeks so that's gonna suck up all the money but after THAT I'm gonna start saving up for a long arm lift kit and lockers and gears. As for axles...I kinda figure it's a "wheel till it's broke and then upgrade" sort of situation. Heh.
What kind of tires are you going for?

Honestly, I like the upgrades so far, and my Jeep was somewhat similar. My biggest regret, however, was not doing skids and armor before the suspension, etc.

For some time I had a nice jeep, but had to tip-toe around because I had stock skids and didn't want to mess anything up.

My recommendation for any new wheelers as far as mods go is usually.

CB > Skids > Rockers > Suspension > Tires > Everything else.

Also, don't be afraid of trimming those fenders. You can fit so much more when you just trim the stock fenders and you don't have to lift your jeep 3' in the air for it either.

Good luck! LA sounds like fun.

Quote:
something big and fun
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #53
tsstoudt
Web Crawler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Keep up the good work, it's great to see a young lady doing the work herself when she can. It's a learning process for all of us. Good luck with your Jeep!
tsstoudt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #54
XJcrazE

i love finding other people is sacramento. I've been looking for a jeep for months, http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2302296341.html settling on that, don't really know about the price. I was looking for an XJ for days, but TJ's seem more fun. Your jeep is freaking rad though, or as we say in Nor Cal,
HELLA tight.
XJcrazE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #55
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino View Post
What size tire are you going with? It might not be to bad, I'm running 33" tires with stock 3.73 gears on my WJ, I was gonna regear. Decided to just deal with it a while longer and swap axles, doing lockers and gears. Unless you have a heavy foot you will manage a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rudy- View Post
What kind of tires are you going for?

Honestly, I like the upgrades so far, and my Jeep was somewhat similar. My biggest regret, however, was not doing skids and armor before the suspension, etc.

For some time I had a nice jeep, but had to tip-toe around because I had stock skids and didn't want to mess anything up.

My recommendation for any new wheelers as far as mods go is usually.

CB > Skids > Rockers > Suspension > Tires > Everything else.

Also, don't be afraid of trimming those fenders. You can fit so much more when you just trim the stock fenders and you don't have to lift your jeep 3' in the air for it either.

Good luck! LA sounds like fun.
I'm going for 32's or 33's...something big and fun...It really wont negatively effect the performance that much? Huh. I hope not!!

And I never really thought about new skids. It's a good idea! I've dented mine up pretty bad...they really are important! I wanna to a tummy tuck on her some time though so I was gonna wait to get skids until that...ugh! So many plans..! So little cash!

Trimming the fenders? I might look into that, I've never really known what people trimmed and how they did it but it's a good idea.

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate the input!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:03 AM   #56
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpmasterflex View Post
did my headlights a couple months back and just came across your build, nice tj i want one again.

i did my lights exactly like you funny how i just found your build lol heres mine

I've never seen the lights done on something with square lights. It looks AMAZING!! Did you have a build thread on it? I never saw it! Which sucks because those look so great...

Unread 04-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #57
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJcrazE View Post
i love finding other people is sacramento. I've been looking for a jeep for months, http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2302296341.html settling on that, don't really know about the price. I was looking for an XJ for days, but TJ's seem more fun. Your jeep is freaking rad though, or as we say in Nor Cal,
HELLA tight.
That's a nice Jeep! You don't see white with a tan top very often but I like it! And $11,000 is a pretty rad price, if it's in good condition. You know I haven't really found ANYBODY in the Sacramento area. I've seen some AMAZING jeeps but I rarely meet the people driving them. I love XJ's and TJ's, they're all fun in their own rights you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJcrazE View Post
HELLA tight.
Hahaha, that made my day.

Unread 04-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #58
sene
2002 TJ Wrangler 

What brings you to LA?
sene is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #59
K.C.'sTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I say go with 33's!

It's in the middle of nowhere, only one way to get there, you gotta get a little mud on the tires. - Brad Paisley
K.C.'sTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #60
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
I'm going for 32's or 33's...something big and fun...It really wont negatively effect the performance that much? Huh. I hope not!!

And I never really thought about new skids. It's a good idea! I've dented mine up pretty bad...they really are important! I wanna to a tummy tuck on her some time though so I was gonna wait to get skids until that...ugh! So many plans..! So little cash!

Trimming the fenders? I might look into that, I've never really known what people trimmed and how they did it but it's a good idea.

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate the input!!
First off:
Quote:
something big and fun
Is now in my sig.

If you have the auto, your gearing will be perfect for 32's and just fine for 33's. I had 33x10.5's on mine with the i6/auto combo for 3 years and it was just fine.

If you have the manual trans, then you'll want to regear sooner or later, because you will notice a pretty big difference.

As far as fender trimming goes, it depends what you'd want to do. With 33's, you won't really need to trim on any lift over 3". I had an anti-rock and I hardly every rubbed in the front and never rubbed in back.

Quote:
something big and fun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.