My TJ-The Evolution of a Lady - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My TJ-The Evolution of a Lady

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #211
matthewh_1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
Nah, I don't have anything to take the springs out yet and I'm still unsure what I can use to paint them. I'm scared they'll chip!
Sorry to keep hijacking, but I painted my springs about a year and a half ago, primer, paint, then clear coat. Haven't had any chipping, and they do their fair share of flexing

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post
When a girl tells you your flex is sexy then you are doing something right in life.
matthewh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #212
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rudy- View Post
Nope, they stole my S2000 too so I've just been driving a truck around town.
What? That's dumb. I'm sorry. Trucks are cool too though! I like them! If it wasn't for a truck I'd still be stuck in Prairie City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerhill View Post
the plate can be moved. so no worries there.
Quote:
Yeah of course you can switch a winch from bumper to bumper. The winch bolts to the winch plate which bolts to your frame. Its a pretty easy install and if you switch to a different bumper you would have no problems. My suggestion is though if you think you might switch bumpers you should get a raised winch plate to make sure you have clearance for the roller fairlead just in case you switch to a bumper that sticks out front further than the stock bumper. That way you make sure you dont have to buy a mounting plate twice
Oh dang. Well I guess I better start saving. A winch would be soooo coool. Then when I get stuck...well...I won't STAY stuck! But then there's lockers...and everything...it's so hard to pick one thing to save up for you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Or better yet get one that comes with a hawse fairlead--or better yet one that comes with synthetic line and a hawse fairlead.

I googled fairleads and hawse fairleads and I get what they are but I'm not sure what they do?

If you poke around in some local clubs I guarantee you someone somewhere has an aftermarket TJ bumper (possibly with an integrated winch plate) that you could probably score for cheap. You could even paint it differently if desired.
I never even thought of that possibility. That'd be awesome...I'm going to have to...I just don't know of any local clubs! Folsom is boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockb24 View Post
Great looking Jeep!
Thanks!!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #213
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndellwilliams View Post
Yery Nice!
I haven't heard from you in a while!!! Thanks!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 05-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #214
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh_1 View Post
Sorry to keep hijacking, but I painted my springs about a year and a half ago, primer, paint, then clear coat. Haven't had any chipping, and they do their fair share of flexing
Hahahahaha with your Jeep you can hardly call it a hijack...!! Really? No chipping? I have self etching primer and the green engine paint. I've wanted to do it for soooo long but after the duplicolor bedliner thing I've been a little gun shy.

Wow that's some sexy flex.

Unread 05-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #215
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Was it necessary to quote a page full of pictures for a two-word reply?
Look at Mr. Sensitive here.

Stfu man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #216
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
What? That's dumb. I'm sorry. Trucks are cool too though! I like them! If it wasn't for a truck I'd still be stuck in Prairie City!
Lend me your TJ.

Quote:
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #217
jclauson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Wow that's some sexy flex.
When a girl tells you your flex is sexy then you are doing something right in life. What kind of paint did you use on your springs? I dont remember if you said?

check it out
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/hysterias-90-yj-build-1190617/
jclauson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #218
rogerhill
1993 YJ Wrangler 

yeah ...........I've never heard that before
rogerhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #219
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I HAVE!! but she was being sarcastic, and i was wwwwaaayyyy too drunk, and you can probably guess the occasion... but that's besides the point..
lol iam stealth like a 900 pound cat ha ha
curt7088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #220
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sarah, the roller fairleads are generally the default with wire rope (the steel cable traditionally found on winches) while the hawse fairleads are generally used with the safer, lighter, stronger synthetic winchline. That's not hard and fast, though, as there are exceptions. Hawse fairleads stick out less from the front of the winch and are made from a single piece of metal. I'm not sure what else you may want to know.

Quote:
A winch would be soooo coool. Then when I get stuck...well...I won't STAY stuck! But then there's lockers...and everything...it's so hard to pick one thing to save up for you know?
A winch wouldn't have saved you in that mud, unfortunately. You have to have something to hook to. I guess another vehicle could've helped, as long as they weren't stuck, too. Lockers, on the other hand, MAY have prevented you from getting stuck in the first place. A D30 Aussie wouldn't require a regear and is only about $250. Might be where I'd go first, if I were in your shoes.

Quote:
I just don't know of any local clubs! Folsom is boring.
Come on, your right near Sacramento. Surely there are a few Jeep clubs there. Hell, MetalCloak and Rubicon Express are both right next to each other up the road from you in Rancho Cordova, as are a few other Jeep resources. Go visit them some time soon and check them out.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 03:46 AM   #221
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This whole thread seemed to have kicked off with you painting your aftermarket cage (btw, you inspired me to take a second look at the cage I was thinking about, and I've changed) but I have to say it bothers the $&!^ out of me that you didn't pain the factory roll bars. It looks half @$$ed.
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #222
Jamesbbh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblesupreme View Post
This whole thread seemed to have kicked off with you painting your aftermarket cage (btw, you inspired me to take a second look at the cage I was thinking about, and I've changed) but I have to say it bothers the $&!^ out of me that you didn't pain the factory roll bars. It looks half @$$ed.
I don't agree. The back half unpainted with the roll bar padding looks fine
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/r...-made-1171226/
Jamesbbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #223
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblesupreme View Post
Yeah? That's okay, to each their own! I didn't paint the factory roll bars because I want to keep the padding on them. One day when I can afford some nice new padding for the rear part of the cage I'll take the old stuff off and paint the whole cage. But for now, I think it's fine.

Unread 05-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #224
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rudy- View Post
Lend me your TJ.
Hahaha lend me your right arm and your left leg and then we'll talk. :P

Quote:
When a girl tells you your flex is sexy then you are doing something right in life. What kind of paint did you use on your springs? I dont remember if you said?
Well it is! If you're asking him what kind of paint he used, x2 I want to know too! Just regular spray paint?

Unread 05-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #225
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt7088 View Post
I HAVE!! but she was being sarcastic, and i was wwwwaaayyyy too drunk, and you can probably guess the occasion... but that's besides the point..

I have nothing to say.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.