Advertisement

post #317 of 325 Old 09-17-2017, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalten
Looking now at the brackets you are making for your rear seat, I think is how Chrysler should have made the LJ tub. Would have given storage under the back seat without losing any bed area with the seat installed and could have made a box to install if you wanted to retain the flat bed area without the seat instead of just empty space under the tub open to the air, it would also give more foot room to the back seat passengers. I will be making and in stalling front seat risers on my LJ just to gain a little foot room. You should be proud of a job well done
Thanks! :-) That's exactly why I stretched it at the lower deck rather than the upper. I wanted to take advantage of the space inside the Jeep rather than have it go to waste underneath. I plan to eventually build a lock box to fit between the new seat brackets under the seat. Here's one of my early sketches back when I was brainstorming on where to cut the tub. image-4163764145.jpg
Inspired by the amo boxes built into the floors in the early CJs ;-)
Name:  image-2493799649.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  116.6 KB

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #318 of 325 Old 09-19-2017, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
UPDATE: I just sent my seat bracket specs off to the metal shop. I thought I'd share them for anyone planning to or in the process of stretching across the main floor. Feel free to use them...maybe don't steal my logo though... image-1522590183.jpgimage-2076553952.jpg image-1099704895.jpgimage-2834457775.jpg

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #319 of 325 Old 09-24-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
An important detail I should have taken care of months ago... image-3992526689.jpgimage-1701166942.jpg

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

post #320 of 325 Old 09-25-2017, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Not exactly an update,

but have any of you TJ guys had your AC coldness fade on you? I replaced my condenser awhile back just before I made the big cut but never got around to having the system evac'd. And recharged. This past weekend I took my girls out in the Jeep and they were sweating to death. (it was 94deg out) so I decided to stop and have the system serviced. It's cold now but not as cold as it used to be. It used to blow so cold that condensation would build up on the center dash vents if you had the windows rolled down. I usually don't trust service stations with my Jeep but these guys seem pretty professional so I have no reason to thing they did anything wrong.

image-2311005609.jpg

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

post #321 of 325 Old 09-25-2017, 07:55 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jay View Post
Not exactly an update,

but have any of you TJ guys had your AC coldness fade on you? I replaced my condenser awhile back just before I made the big cut but never got around to having the system evac'd. And recharged. This past weekend I took my girls out in the Jeep and they were sweating to death. (it was 94deg out) so I decided to stop and have the system serviced. It's cold now but not as cold as it used to be. It used to blow so cold that condensation would build up on the center dash vents if you had the windows rolled down. I usually don't trust service stations with my Jeep but these guys seem pretty professional so I have no reason to thing they did anything wrong.

Attachment 3478849

It's just all those extra cubic feet you have in the cab that have to be cooled now, Jay.

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #322 of 325 Old 09-25-2017, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ
It's just all those extra cubic feet you have in the cab that have to be cooled now, Jay.
lol! That's exactly what my wife said. ;-)

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

post #323 of 325 Old 09-30-2017, 05:08 PM
scotch737

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
To much oil in system, Compressor wearing out (loosing pressure on high side). Condenser clogging up slowing down flow, cooling fan not cooling condenser good enough. Many many reason she could be not blowing as cold. Doubt the few extra feet of space would make a difference. I'm a technician and work on lots of A/C

"Who you trying to get crazy with ese? Don't you know I'm Loco!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
At least they have perfected boob jobs. You can't even tell anymore. That's one good thing.
My TJ-6 LS swap Build:

post #324 of 325 Old 09-30-2017, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch737
To much oil in system, Compressor wearing out (loosing pressure on high side). Condenser clogging up slowing down flow, cooling fan not cooling condenser good enough. Many many reason she could be not blowing as cold. Doubt the few extra feet of space would make a difference. I'm a technician and work on lots of A/C
Ha! I think he was just kidding about the extra space. However, over the past week or so it seems to be gradually blowing cooler. Maybe there was a blockage somewhere that's breaking up now. The condenser is new. I replaced it about a year ago. At any rate, it's blowing cool enough to satisfy my daughter in the back seat so I'm gonna let it be for now I think.image-4071754851.jpgimage-4114556537.jpg
scotch737 likes this.

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

post #325 of 325 Old 10-12-2017, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
so project snail's pace is finally moving along again... image-833995786.jpgimage-1527925370.jpgimage-2566531508.jpgimage-3493225707.jpgimage-270903162.jpg

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.