~ My Savvy Jeep Build ~ - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ~ My Savvy Jeep Build ~

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #91
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Hi Kat.

I recall the first time I saw your TJ. The color scheme took me by surprise since I had not seen a Jeep like yours before, or since. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes along.

BTW: You are quite the photographer.

Hi Joe!

Nice to see you, have you been out wheeling lately? Did you get that job you were interviewing for the last time I saw you?

Take care, Kat

Unread 11-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #92
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
hello kat! Been following your build thread intently! But i must say I had ordered those exact same differential covers from barnett, and they told me they wouldn't have them in stock for a couple of months when i called inquiring about the order status. Just thought I would give you a heads up...
Thank you for the heads up! I'm OK for now, we just picked up the Front Axle from the gear shop and it's in the garage. We leave Friday for our camping trip I'm so excited! Maybe Blaine will let me drive his Jeep if I promise not to get it stuck
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #93
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I'll agree with this one...

but it won't stop him from calling you a ****tard (mike, read: term of endearment) while he is fixing your jeep so you can drive it home from his driveway that you have taken over until way too late into the night

And how many trips to the Auto Parts store does it take to get the correct fan belt? Just teasing!
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #94
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
You guys even have similar features.

You almost had me rolling on the floor with laughter! Too funny
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #95
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat

And how many trips to the Auto Parts store does it take to get the correct fan belt? Just teasing!
You got me on that one
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #96
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lots of Savvy Goodness here, love it. One day I will have something Savvy on my jeep.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/chesters-tj-build-1420405/"][COLOR="Green"]Chester TJ build[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/rubicon-trail-august-9th-11th-2014-a-1550022/"][COLOR="Blue"]2014 JF RUBICON TRIP[/COLOR][/URL]
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #97
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Lots of Savvy Goodness here, love it. One day I will have something Savvy on my jeep.
Start with the Savvy LED Tail Lights in Black or Natural! They are blindingly bright, low profile and look awesome! They are my favorite after market LED Tail Lights
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #98
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat View Post
Start with the Savvy LED Tail Lights in Black or Natural! They are blindingly bright, low profile and look awesome! They are my favorite after market LED Tail Lights
When I do that upgrade Savvy is my only choice after reading about the other companies led going out way before their time

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/chesters-tj-build-1420405/"][COLOR="Green"]Chester TJ build[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/rubicon-trail-august-9th-11th-2014-a-1550022/"][COLOR="Blue"]2014 JF RUBICON TRIP[/COLOR][/URL]
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #99
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hello Mrs. Johnson, I am the San Diego kid that came and got break parts and an oil pump housing a while back. I was trying to make it out with Mike for part of the JV trip but wasn't able to make it happen. Hopefully my jeep will make it up there sometime to get outboarded. Keep the pics coming
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #100
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Update 11-28-2012

The Diff Covers arrived last Wednesday while I was home to make food for our Thanksgiving feast! I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

The front axle is all dressed up and painted, I'll get a picture of that too!

We are putting the front axles together tomorrow and painting them.

Progress is being made

I highly recommend that everybody ditch the Turkey and have a BBQ Thanksgiving dinner, it was awesome!
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #101
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I highly recommend that everybody ditch the Turkey and have a BBQ Thanksgiving dinner, it was awesome!
Yes it was. Pulled pork, cole slaw, backed beans, mashed potatoes, dinner rolls and some cheesecake. Best Thanksgiving dinner I've had in a long time.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #102
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hi Joe!

Nice to see you, have you been out wheeling lately? Did you get that job you were interviewing for the last time I saw you?

Take care, Kat
Hi Kat,
I didn't know until the interview started, but they actually interviewed me for three positions. Two of which were not in my normal area of expertise (Aircraft Maintenance Support Engineer) yet they decided I had enough background that they'd check into me anyway.

Well, those two positions are closed & the one that I wanted (Flight Operations Analyst) is still available & they are taking their sweet time to fill it, so I'm still under consideration. I'm pretty sure they are under a hiring freeze right now & they warned me that a freeze was likely due to the time of year. I still have my fingers crossed.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #103
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

SACRILEGE!!! BLASHPEMY!!!

:c lub:

Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #104
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
SACRILEGE!!! BLASHPEMY!!!

Ha Ha! Your just jealous! You invited for dinner next year, lets see if we can change your mind about ditching the Turkey
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #105
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Pictures as promised.

New Diff Covers:

Assembled Axle

New U-Joints in my axles.

Front Axle in Progress:

Tonight we put on the knuckles, did the tie-rod flip on the drivers side knuckle, put on the unit bearings and put in the axles.

I need to put the new Diff Cover on the rear axle and it will be ready to go after we fill it with oil.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.