~ My Savvy Jeep Build ~ - Page 28 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ~ My Savvy Jeep Build ~

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #406
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat View Post

I drove my Jeep for the first time last Friday. It is an awesome ride, comfortable, and it handles extremely well at 75 mph on the freeway at 2500 rpm.
Nobody deserves this Jeep more than you do. I was happy to lend a hand when I got the chance and I'm excited to see it all buttoned up. I should be up there sometime this week to check it out and to also watch, learn, and drool over Mike's front end overhaul

calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #407
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I drove my Jeep for the first time last Friday. It is an awesome ride, comfortable, and it handles extremely well at 75 mph on the freeway at 2500 rpm.

I love the Black and Orange together

We put the winch rope on yesterday, I'll get a picture of that later and post it up and we added a Best Top Headliner under the soft top to help keep it cooler this summer.

I need to finish the detailing and re-pack all of my gear in the back.

I am so grateful that mrblaine knows how to build amazing Jeeps, his expertise on suspensions design, brakes and steering systems creates a really smooth ride and a Jeep that handles well, drives true and doesn't have any bad habits. I'm one lucky girl!

I want to send a special Thank you to Joe, Mike and Collin who donated some of their time to working on my Jeep. And special Thank You to Ricky for the cool new stuff, I love all of it.

And to Andrew for selling me some of the brightest lights ever!

SavvyOffRoad.com makes the best bolt-on Aluminum products, and my Jeep thanks me for not overloading my suspension and drive train. Heavier parts cause more wear and tear. I wanted a light and nimble Jeep. I got just what I asked for
You are more than welcome Kat. It was a true pleasure helping out whenever I could.

One thing I have got to mention is that I am truly impressed by how clean and well maintained your TJ is. Every nut, bolt, fastener, etc was a breeze to work with which greatly attributes to things going smoothly.
Joe Dillard is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #408
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat

I love the Black and Orange together
Wow.... It looks so clean and awesome !!!!
Great work as always Blaine
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #409
crazycollinz
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

D
The jeep looks great I was wondering what it measures to the bottom of the frame and to the top of the windshield?
crazycollinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #410
socaldaveh

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Congrats cat! Good job as always blaine! whens the next trip?!
You can read about jeeps all you want, but if you take a jeep that you don't love out on the trail, she'll shake you down just as sure as the the turning of the world. Love keeps her going when she ought to break down, tells you she's hurting before she dies. It's a jeep thing, you probably won't understand.
socaldaveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #411
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

WOW!

I came in here to see better pics of the bumper corners and ended up reading all 28 pages.

Nice to put a face, well... err a Jeep to the lady that answers the phone when Blaine doesn't and ships me all of my stuff.

Beautiful Jeep, I'll have to keep my wife out of this thread. LOL!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #412
TanMan99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nicely done!
TanMan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #413
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Such incredible craftsmanship and attention to detail. This is truly and inspiring build and I enjoyed reading it. Congrats!
Unread 07-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #414
effjayeff

Quote:

Pretty Slick!
Did you run the wiring through the top of the bumper (out the bottom of the light bar) or did you drill a hole close to the bottom of the light bar tube?

I hope this makes sense. I already have my winch and bumper mounted and don't really want to pull it off so I can run wires thru the bumper's aluminum deck.
effjayeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #415
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Loving the build but I just got in crap from the wife. When I ordered some stuff from Savvy earlier this year (Novak Cable shifter and a shirt) there was a lip smackers in it. Thought someone had dropped it in the box by accident so I chucked it.
I is sad now. Next time I know better
Unread 07-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #416
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by effjayeff View Post
Did you run the wiring through the top of the bumper (out the bottom of the light bar) or did you drill a hole close to the bottom of the light bar tube?

I hope this makes sense. I already have my winch and bumper mounted and don't really want to pull it off so I can run wires thru the bumper's aluminum deck.
I can't speak for what Blaine did there. But I ran mine through the bumper. Wasn't really hard. Didn't have to remove the bumper.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #417
ImaginaryFriend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I see the rear shocks were outboarded, but how were they attached at the axle? Any pics?

I skimmed through the thread but couldn't find the information.
ImaginaryFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #418
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryFriend View Post
I see the rear shocks were outboarded, but how were they attached at the axle? Any pics?

I skimmed through the thread but couldn't find the information.
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...Kit-p-650.html
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #419
MikeGordon
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I love the Black Gas Tank Skid, and the Back Up Lights are so bright they scare the people behind me when I back up and they honk at me I could not figure out why they were honking, I wasn't anywhere near anybody. They stopped honking at me when I put the Jeep in drive.
I just bought what I believe are those same lights. I was curious as to how they are mounted. Are they bolted to the bumper or rear cross-member? I have a 1" body lift and thought I could bolt them to the lip on the tub that sticks down, but the lights are just a tad too tall to fit.

EDIT: I just reviewed this thread and saw post #384. It looks like they are bolted to the tub. Is that correct?
MikeGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #420
mncdriver
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so all has been quiet for a while. I want to see some pictures of this jeep wheeling!
mncdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.