~ My Savvy Jeep Build ~ - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ~ My Savvy Jeep Build ~

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #391
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yall aren't doing any rear fender trimming? What brand are those back up lights? They are nice!

Unread 05-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #392
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Yall aren't doing any rear fender trimming? What brand are those back up lights? They are nice!
Trimming for what reason? The rear 12" travel Fox Reservoir shocks have 6.75" of uptravel as it sits now. The bolt on the angled trackbar bracket misses the front of the gas tank skid by about 3/8".

At full stuff, the tires just miss the rear of the wheel opening, and at full articulation, almost rub.

The bumpstops which are split top and bottom are at the point where the upper hits on the forward half of the lower and is in danger of being too far forward on the lower if it went any further rearward.

The lights are from Andrew who was mentioned earlier in the thread. They are very bright and very easy to mount in that spot. Being the current draw is so minimal with them being LED, I was able to just hook them into the current back up light wire going to the Savvy Tail Lights which greatly simplified the wiring.
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #393
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

i really like the drive by braille corner reinforcements on the front savvy

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #394
crateampscal
2005 TJ Wrangler 

did you guys do any prep work to the frame before spraying it? any sanding?
crateampscal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #395
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crateampscal View Post
did you guys do any prep work to the frame before spraying it? any sanding?
Scotchbrite. I have many grades and textures in their hand pads and use them as needed. Essentially if the frame has a light film of dirt on it, you use the scotchbrite to remove it like you were scrubbing the frame and then blow the dust off. It's ready to shoot after that.
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #396
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
The back-up lights were tested last night and they fully rock. Probably one of my favorite things about this rig is being able to see very well when in reverse and the current draw is so low you don't need a relay or anything else but to tap into the back up light feed going to the tail lights.
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #397
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine

The back-up lights were tested last night and they fully rock. Probably one of my favorite things about this rig is being able to see very well when in reverse and the current draw is so low you don't need a relay or anything else but to tap into the back up light feed going to the tail lights.
Where did you get them? I am in need of a pair.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #398
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Come on Taylor the man has already answered this question To bad there is surely an invasion of flies at CC it's time for a run
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #399
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Nice way to quote my questions and answer neither.
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #400
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep
Come on Taylor the man has already answered this question To bad there is surely an invasion of flies at CC it's time for a run
I'm on my phone, I missed the first post. I figured they were from Andrew.

And yes we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw

Nice way to quote my questions and answer neither.
Read up higher.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #401
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rear Bumper and Savvy Gas Tank Skid

I love the Black Gas Tank Skid, and the Back Up Lights are so bright they scare the people behind me when I back up and they honk at me I could not figure out why they were honking, I wasn't anywhere near anybody. They stopped honking at me when I put the Jeep in drive.
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #402
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rear Flares on too.

I drove my Jeep for the first time last Friday. It is an awesome ride, comfortable, and it handles extremely well at 75 mph on the freeway at 2500 rpm.

I love the Black and Orange together

We put the winch rope on yesterday, I'll get a picture of that later and post it up and we added a Best Top Headliner under the soft top to help keep it cooler this summer.

I need to finish the detailing and re-pack all of my gear in the back.

I am so grateful that mrblaine knows how to build amazing Jeeps, his expertise on suspensions design, brakes and steering systems creates a really smooth ride and a Jeep that handles well, drives true and doesn't have any bad habits. I'm one lucky girl!

I want to send a special Thank you to Joe, Mike and Collin who donated some of their time to working on my Jeep. And special Thank You to Ricky for the cool new stuff, I love all of it.

And to Andrew for selling me some of the brightest lights ever!

SavvyOffRoad.com makes the best bolt-on Aluminum products, and my Jeep thanks me for not overloading my suspension and drive train. Heavier parts cause more wear and tear. I wanted a light and nimble Jeep. I got just what I asked for
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #403
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Outstanding! I am so happy for you Kat and can't wait to see some pics of it and you on the trails. I've spent many hours following your build and because of it I have completely changed the direction I planned for mine. Thank you!
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #404
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat View Post
Who makes that tailgate tire carrier? Plans to run a spare?

I have the same rear bumper and now thinking its probably a good idea to carry a spare tire.
Unread 05-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #405
crateampscal
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
Who makes that tailgate tire carrier? Plans to run a spare?

I have the same rear bumper and now thinking its probably a good idea to carry a spare tire.
its called an Exogate tire carrier. mrblaine starts talking about it here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...1/index13.html
i cant imagine mrblaine going through the trouble of making spacers and cutting it if kat wasnt going to run a spare.

kat, looks amazing! hope you get to put it to good use!
crateampscal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.