~ My Savvy Jeep Build ~ - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ~ My Savvy Jeep Build ~

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #286
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissas6570 View Post
Kat,

Thats looks like it will be a very fun jeep when you guys are finished. Oh and thanks for the eye glass kit. Do you know how often I have needed something to work on them with, and only have tools that are jeep sized.

I have one question for you guys. Is there a location that I could install the Derale kit that would keep it out of the mud? We have some rocks, but we have much more red clay mud. I was worried about the fan and cooler getting gunked up from the mud, and not having airflow.

Thanks,

Mel

Hi Kat !!

Mel said a bad word........MUD........Mrblaine doesn't like MUD.

jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #287
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactrain View Post
So not fair!
Let me know when you are stopping by and I'll bake you up a batch to take home I will need to know the particulars in advance: raisins? golden raisins? walnuts? cranberries? no frosting? lots of frosting? confectioners sugar frosting? or cream cheese frosting? regular vanilla, or Madagascar bourbon vanilla? And of course we only use the best Cinnamon from Watkins.

Just warm them in the oven at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes and people will swear you made them, plus the house smells wonderful!
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #288
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissas6570 View Post
Kat,

Thats looks like it will be a very fun jeep when you guys are finished. Oh and thanks for the eye glass kit. Do you know how often I have needed something to work on them with, and only have tools that are jeep sized.

I have one question for you guys. Is there a location that I could install the Derale kit that would keep it out of the mud? We have some rocks, but we have much more red clay mud. I was worried about the fan and cooler getting gunked up from the mud, and not having airflow.

Thanks,

Mel
Hi Mel!

My Jeep puts a huge grin on my face every time I drive it.

I don't have a clue where you can put the fan and cooler where mud won't clog it up, it would have to be inside of the Jeep somewhere but then mud gets in there too! Your going to have to get creative, maybe some kind Jeeper who plays in mud can offer up a good place to put it. Anybody?
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #289
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Hi Kat !!

Mel said a bad word........MUD........Mrblaine doesn't like MUD.
Hi John

mrblaine is not the only person who doesn't like mud! That stuff is near impossible to get off of the Jeep! And the last two Jeeps that stopped by with overheating problems were due to mud clogging up the radiator, they washed the mud off the front of the radiator but back was caked in dried mud blocking all air flow.

I heard that you just love packing peanuts
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #290
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat View Post
Hi John
I heard that you just love packing peanuts
Oh boy......Am I in for it now !!
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #291
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0037 View Post
Really an automatic?...are you going to drop it and put some low profiles on it now or something?
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #292
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #293
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sometimes a picture say's everything!

First, mrblaine generously gave me his 50" LED Light Bar that he got for a Christmas present from a good friend, and then he found these awesome switches too!
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #294
JeepKat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Really an automatic?...are you going to drop it and put some low profiles on it now or something?
Forum Rules:

Grow Some Thick Skin
- If you want to participate on an Internet forum then grow some thick skin. There are thousands of armchair quarterbacks ready to pick you apart. There is an ignore function through the forum software. Use it.

paul0037
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #295
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Judging by your profile and this post and who it's directed to, you are beyond clueless.

Jeep looks great as always, Kat. Hope all is going well.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #296
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Let me know when you are stopping by and I'll bake you up a batch to take home I will need to know the particulars in advance: raisins? golden raisins? walnuts? cranberries? no frosting? lots of frosting? confectioners sugar frosting? or cream cheese frosting? regular vanilla, or Madagascar bourbon vanilla? And of course we only use the best Cinnamon from Watkins.

Just warm them in the oven at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes and people will swear you made them, plus the house smells wonderful!
Preety SAAAVVVVVYYYYYY!

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
lactrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #297
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
First, mrblaine generously gave me his 50" LED Light Bar that he got for a Christmas present from a good friend, and then he found these awesome switches too!
Metripack 280's and factory-style rockers. Nice. Same thing I'm using for most of my wiring.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #298
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Metripack 280's and factory-style rockers. Nice. Same thing I'm using for most of my wiring.
I'm looking to switch over to the Deutsche stuff, but the buy-in is steeper than I can afford for the time being.
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #299
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I'm looking to switch over to the Deutsche stuff, but the buy-in is steeper than I can afford for the time being.
The price point on the Metripack stuff is half of the reason I'm going with it; the other half of the reason is that it seems to hold up really well for what it costs...and I'm reasonably poor.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #300
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

This ^^ is one of the typical attention to detail items that makes Blaine and Kat`s build so good. This mindset gets carried over to the Savvy/Black Magic items they sell. Purpose built with function and quality being paramount. No added fluff, just top quality parts, well thought out and executed. Often with a healthy dose of innovation.

Few folks can argue the service that Blaine and Kat have given to the off road world in terms of knowledge, patience and generosity.

While we have had some heated discussions and I don`t always agree or sometimes understand Blaine`s position. I cannot argue the fact that he bases his facts on what works. Blaine has an uncanny ability to look at things "outside" the box and adapt these ideas into parts and build procedures that simply work.

Without his help my YJ would not be nearly as well executed as it is. And I`ve only scratched the surface on his knowledge base.

Proud to say that I consider Kat and Blaine to be a friends. Even though I have yet to meet them in person.

And I was a happy little ~Tard with my Weather/Metri Packs and you gotta raise the bar again with that Deutsche stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.