post #226 of Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 PM
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat View Post
GR8TOPS is currently offering Free Shipping on the Exogate, might be a good time to get one, put it away and then after you have made up your mind you can just put it on.


That is one way to go about it.


NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline  
post #227 of Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 AM
crateampscal
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat View Post
GR8TOPS is currently offering Free Shipping on the Exogate, might be a good time to get one, put it away and then after you have made up your mind you can just put it on.
I would if it came with one of those Mr. Johnson spacers so i could run your armor as well. The next stranger who compliments will be because it looks cool. anyone with a tj gets those people. yet, they have no idea how cool it really is and i love that.

I rarely find that aftermarket parts are upgrades. however, when i see Savvy, its usually the opposite. Thanks for sharing this with us.
crateampscal is offline  
post #228 of Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley
Posts: 29,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by crateampscal View Post
I would if it came with one of those Mr. Johnson spacers so i could run your armor as well. The next stranger who compliments will be because it looks cool. anyone with a tj gets those people. yet, they have no idea how cool it really is and i love that.

I rarely find that aftermarket parts are upgrades. however, when i see Savvy, its usually the opposite. Thanks for sharing this with us.
The spacer is very easy. The part of the hinge that moves is bolted to the back face of the tailgate frame which is bolted to the tailgate using the original hinge mounts and nutplates in the tailgate.

The spacer is a rectangle about 2" x 4" x 3/16" thick with 2 holes in it for the bolts to go through. The thickness is the same as the armor. If you move the hinges on the tub out due to armor thickness, putting a spacer the same thickness under the hinge on the tailgate side moves the tailgate back to keep it in contact with the weatherstrip.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
mrblaine is online now  
post #229 of Old 03-26-2013, 05:29 PM
lactrain
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat View Post
GR8TOPS is currently offering Free Shipping on the Exogate, might be a good time to get one, put it away and then after you have made up your mind you can just put it on.
Right???? Now Im convinced ... Im easy!

LACTRAINS 05 RUBICON Build Thread

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
lactrain is offline  
post #230 of Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 PM
gr8tops
Vendor
 
gr8tops's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: lexington, sc
Posts: 201
mrblaine, thanks for all the pictures of the install of the exogate and clarification of the spacer. Might be too late since you already installed it, but do you have any pictures of the spacer plate that you mounted behind the exogate frame to spacer it out equivalent to the Savvy corners? I'd love to send people to this thread so they can see how the exogate can work with the corner guards.
gr8tops is offline  
post #231 of Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 AM
plumber1
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat View Post
I would say the same one's that we took off. Lol! But that would not be enough information. I have 35" Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar and the Challenger Aluminum Rims. 35" tires are a really nice size, not too big and not too small, they are just right
Nice build, what size lift are you running and do you have a BL. It looks like you still have stock fenders.

I can quit drinking anytime I want, but hey I'm no quitter :)


White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline  
post #232 of Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley
Posts: 29,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tops View Post
mrblaine, thanks for all the pictures of the install of the exogate and clarification of the spacer. Might be too late since you already installed it, but do you have any pictures of the spacer plate that you mounted behind the exogate frame to spacer it out equivalent to the Savvy corners? I'd love to send people to this thread so they can see how the exogate can work with the corner guards.
The frame is mounted to the tail gate like normal. The spacers are between the outside face of the frame and the inside face of the hinge.

I'll try to have Kat get you some pics today.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
mrblaine is online now  
post #233 of Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
JeepKat
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sun City
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
Nice build, what size lift are you running and do you have a BL. It looks like you still have stock fenders.
I have a custom body lift, mrblaine sawed off my body mounts and then them up higher on the frame.

I still have stock fenders, and I'll have to ask mrblaine about the lift size and get back to you later on that.

I am Savvy!
JeepKat is offline  
post #234 of Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Sundowner
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepKat View Post

I have a custom body lift, mrblaine sawed off my body mounts and then them up higher on the frame.
That's on my agenda. Works well, looks awesome...win/win.

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline  
post #235 of Old 03-28-2013, 02:00 PM
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
1987 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,113
Is this the orange TJ on black majic's site. If so, it has changed quite a bit.

06 WK 5.7 Hemi Overland
87 MJ Chief 57k original miles... getting built in the backyard.
dayriesw is offline  
post #236 of Old 03-28-2013, 02:47 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley
Posts: 29,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
Nice build, what size lift are you running and do you have a BL. It looks like you still have stock fenders.
The lift is the Currie/Savvy 4" kit. I'm setting it up to show what can be done with a few simple solutions to achieve way above average ride quality and handling.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
mrblaine is online now  
post #237 of Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM
bigsnafu
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Morrilton
Posts: 243
I am so looking forward to seeing this, thank you mrblain!

www.arkansascrawlers.com
I'm un-decided...
bigsnafu is offline  
post #238 of Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 PM
plumber1
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The lift is the Currie/Savvy 4" kit. I'm setting it up to show what can be done with a few simple solutions to achieve way above average ride quality and handling.
Blaine

Tell me more about the lift, the Savvy/Currie lift is on the top of my list, I want to also run 35's w/o getting to high. I will be ordering my lift and BL if needed in the next week or so.

I can quit drinking anytime I want, but hey I'm no quitter :)


White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline  
post #239 of Old 03-28-2013, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
JeepKat
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sun City
Posts: 124
Exogate Spacer Pics

Top Spacer


Bottom Spacer


Bottom Spacer Front View

I am Savvy!
JeepKat is offline  
post #240 of Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
JeepKat
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sun City
Posts: 124
Just for fun!


I am Savvy!
JeepKat is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome