My Rusty Rio build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Rusty Rio build

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
KJC95
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My Rusty Rio build

So I figured that since I've started work on my YJ I'd like to start a build thread to keep track of everything I've done to it. For a little background on it, I bought this 95 YJ Rio Grande from my dad about a month ago. He was nice enough to buy another YJ and sell this one to his broke son for the amount he paid for it, $700. It has a lot of rust on the rear passenger side and some around the t-case skid plate mounting area, so the first part of this build will be addressing that issue. This is my first Jeep but I have been around them my whole life and have wanted one for years so I'm super exited to work on this one.

img_0697-640x480-.jpg

img_0729-640x480-.jpg

KJC95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
KJC95
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So we decided to tackle the rear shackle area of the frame on the passenger side first. The P.O. had a monster sized hunk of metal patching the frame so we cut that off, then cut out the rust and tacked in the new frame piece. The first pic is the old patch, second is the rusty frame, third is the repaired frame.
patch-640x480-.jpg

frame-640x480-.jpg

newframe-640x480-.jpg

KJC95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.