My Purple People Eater Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Purple People Eater Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 03-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #61
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
Can you make me said mount?

edit: nvm i see how easy it is to make
ya all i did was take two crescent wrenches and put one on each side, then bent it with my hands. i actually had to do it twice because the first time the bottom leg was too long, and poked my spare. luckily i had two of those washers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #62
warriorti22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

just curious, what did you do for your spare tire carrier? I have the same exact tires, and I plan on modifying it in some way...
warriorti22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #63
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorti22 View Post
just curious, what did you do for your spare tire carrier? I have the same exact tires, and I plan on modifying it in some way...
i still have the stock carrier. im planning on upgrading eventually though. as for the 3rd brake light, i put 4 washers under each bolt (all i could find in the garage at the time) and the tire still touches the brake light, so ill need to get a couple more tomorrow.
Quote:
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.

Unread 03-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #64
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okemos98TJ View Post
VIPER security system. if anyone knows how to work this thing, please let me know. i read the manual did what it said, nothing happened. there are green and red lights blinking every few seconds. i have a remote for it with 2 buttons.
Did you ever figure out what this doodad is? If you didn't, it's a motion sensor for the Viper alarm. Green and red lights are for the two zones for the alarm (warning chirps and full alarm).
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #65
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason44406 View Post
Did you ever figure out what this doodad is? If you didn't, it's a motion sensor for the Viper alarm. Green and red lights are for the two zones for the alarm (warning chirps and full alarm).
i know its a VIPER motion sensing security alarm, but i just cant figure out how to work it. do you have one?
Quote:

Unread 03-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #66
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yep........
Unread 03-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #67
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep........
could you tell me how to arm it? i have a manual and i did what it said but there was no 'chirp' after i pressed the button, and it said there would be.
Quote:

Unread 03-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #68
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Push the button.

There's two buttons on the key fob, labeled "I" and "II". The standard programming (yours should be the same) uses the "I" button to arm and disarm. I assume you've got that part figured out.

The alarm can be programmed to not chirp by default. Do the parking lights flash when you arm the alarm? They should once for arm, and twice for disarm, unless the alarm has been triggered since the last key on - key off cycle.

Further, is there a little LED on the interior somewhere? It should flash when the alarm is armed. It also provides communication when programming the alarm.

If neither of these are happening, then something is hosed.
Unread 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #69
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Push the button.

There's two buttons on the key fob, labeled "I" and "II". The standard programming (yours should be the same) uses the "I" button to arm and disarm. I assume you've got that part figured out.

The alarm can be programmed to not chirp by default. Do the parking lights flash when you arm the alarm? They should once for arm, and twice for disarm, unless the alarm has been triggered since the last key on - key off cycle.

Further, is there a little LED on the interior somewhere? It should flash when the alarm is armed. It also provides communication when programming the alarm.

If neither of these are happening, then something is hosed.
nope, no lights flash when i press anything. theres also a small black switch on the plastic housing thing... does that do anything important? maybe an 'on-off' switch thats set to off?

theres a little red LED on the dash just behind the guage cluster, but i havent noticed it flashing. ill go try again and re-read the manual, see if i can get it to work.
Quote:

Unread 03-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #70
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

alright... so i cant find the manual. and i just re-checked, pressing the button makes no lights or LEDs flash.
Quote:

Unread 03-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #71
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Where is that black switch at? Is it a toggle (on and off), or a push button (momentary on)? If it's push button, it may be the valet/programming button.

Do you have a light on the key fob that lights up when you push the button? (Mine is green, and in between the two buttons.)

Do you know where the other components of the alarm are? There should be at least a brain somewhere, and possibly a vibration sensor in addition to the motion sensor.
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #72
1jack5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I love those tires man! I have heard they perform so much better than A/T's. Does that 32 weigh down the tailgate and tire carrier bad? Great looking Jeep by the way!
1jack5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #73
03TJ_Freeride
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking Jeep man! Those tires def set the look off. Wish I had a matching spare Keep us posted!
03TJ_Freeride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #74
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks freeride!

the only thing i've done since my last post is get my CB wired - finally. i have about 4-5 feet of extra coax cable. oh well
Quote:

Unread 04-13-2010, 07:38 AM   #75
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Did you ever get that alarm working?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.