My Purple People Eater Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Purple People Eater Build

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #46
Mitch11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good so far cool to someone else with a purple jeep I have only seen one other one than mine in the 3yrs. I have had it. can't wait for more

97 PURPLE Jeep
Mitch11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #47
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks! and yes, this color is very rare. theres another member here that has the same color. Kenbo slice, here's his build

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...ts-now-766666/
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #48
Mitch11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mine is the magenta purple. it's really purple and I love it! havent gotten around to a lift but really wanna I just don't know if I can handle doing it. yours is looking good

97 PURPLE Jeep
Unread 12-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #49
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ahh i see. i like that color too, although i'd hesitate to say i'd ever get caught driving it. i am a male, afterall if you dont mind me asking, how old are you? im 17 and i, along with some help from my 19 year old brother (who knows squat about jeeps) put my entire lift on in a total of around 8 hours, including breaks, eating, etc. all you need for a basic lift like mine is hand tools, ratchet set, some kind of jack, and at least 6 ton jack stands.
Quote:
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.

Unread 12-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #50
Silverthorn4
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep! I have the same brush guard and your one of the few people I've seen with it too. IMO i like the way it looks and its super durable I've hit a deer going 55 and it saved the front end of my jeep. Well worth the money paid for it.
Silverthorn4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #51
Mitch11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am a 21 male and I love to have my purple jeep because how many people have one that color ya know. I know squat about jeeps so I am just hesitant to do it but i've got most of the tool to do it. thanks for the motivation though.

97 PURPLE Jeep
Unread 12-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #52
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverthorn4 View Post
Nice jeep! I have the same brush guard and your one of the few people I've seen with it too. IMO i like the way it looks and its super durable I've hit a deer going 55 and it saved the front end of my jeep. Well worth the money paid for it.
thanks! i like the look too. thats why i got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch11 View Post
I am a 21 male and I love to have my purple jeep because how many people have one that color ya know. I know squat about jeeps so I am just hesitant to do it but i've got most of the tool to do it. thanks for the motivation though.
i know, i was givin you a hard time. i get crap about my purple too, but i dont care. i love it.

if your jeep is all stock right now, i'd recommend Rough Country's 2.5" lift, the one that i got. super simple install, and if you read a couple write ups and ask general questions, the install should be a breeze.
Quote:

Unread 12-15-2009, 05:31 AM   #53
Mitch11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'll probably do that this spring unless I can find a heated garage or something but I am looking forward to it.

97 PURPLE Jeep
Unread 12-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #54
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch11 View Post
I'll probably do that this spring unless I can find a heated garage or something but I am looking forward to it.
haha ya good idea. besides stuff that breaks and must be fixed, i wont be doing anything to the jeep until spring
Quote:

Unread 12-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #55
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

oh ya, for anyone who cares about my updates, i got those 'euro style' tail light guards about 2 months ago. also go a pair of grab handles for the roll bars.

Quote:

Unread 02-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #56
Pmort
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Jeep, I like the color!
Pmort is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #57
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks, me too!
Quote:

Unread 03-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #58
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

OH MY GOD! UPDATES! FINALLY!

so all winter i literally didnt do anything to my jeep but wheel it and drive it, and get a broken shock mount fixed. well now i finally got my new wheels and tires on, and im pumped. they look great and i love them.

32x11.50 KM2s on 15x8 D windows

they dont ride any worse than my AT's did. i can notice a very slight change in power, and a small change in braking, but neither one is big enough to really effect how i drive. as for the noise, i cant hear them over the soft top a-flappin, so i'll get back to you on that once i take it off when its warmer.

also got a cb and mounted it/the antenna. ill get pics tomorrow
Quote:

Unread 03-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #59
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

heres some pics of my CB and antenna mounted. all i need to do is wire it and get a SWR meter to test and tune it

i made my own bracket, and used a bolt that was already being used to hold the tire carrier to the tailgate

the bracket is simply a 'washer' type piece that was used on a U-bolt, and i bent it as shown. i drilled 2 holes through the tire carrier to thread the antenna through

yes, i know. i need to wash it. i will if it gets any warmer this week.
the antenna just BARELY touches the tire, its not even getting bent at all by it.

heres where i mounted the CB

doesnt interfere w/shifting (shifted into 1st in this pic)

mic mount

thanks for reading. lemme know if you have any questions
Quote:

Last edited by PurpleTJ; 07-13-2010 at 11:16 AM..
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #60
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Can you make me said mount?

edit: nvm i see how easy it is to make

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.