My Purple People Eater Build - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Purple People Eater Build

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #181
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
This has just become my number 1 thread to look at on the daily. I too have the same color jeep as yours. I swore it was an aftermarket paint job as I have never seen this color before, didn't even find it on the Jeep website. (Must not have looked hard).

Love what your doing here, keep up the great work.
Wow, thanks man! Unfortunately, this won't be updated anywhere near 'daily'. I won't be able to even see my Jeep until August this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #182
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just got news from home that my poor baby is dead Something drained the battery after sitting for about 2 months. My dad tried to jump it, but couldn't get the hood open.
Quote:
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.

Unread 04-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #183
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

New battery fix it?

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #184
Bullethead
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Couldn't get the hood open?
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #185
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
New battery fix it?
Shouldn't need a new battery, I just put a Sears Optima in it last year. Something was drawing power, but I don't know what it could be, because I disconnected my sound system and security alarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
Couldn't get the hood open?
With my TNT fenders, my hood sits a fraction of an inch lower on the grill. This makes the factory hood latch get 'stuck', and I have to reach through my grill and pop it up, then through the hood and pull the latch regularly. My dad didn't know about this so he had no idea how to open the hood.

It's all good though. I'm confident that it'll start right up with a jump. The only thing I'm worried about is having flat spots on my tires from sitting for six or seven months.

I'm planning to install an aux fuse block when I get home to really clean up all the wiring for my amp, lights, winch, and CB.
Quote:

Unread 06-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #186
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Small update today. I got her running easily enough. Since then I've installed my front Currie antirock, rear Currie JJ LCA's, new front brakes, oil change, diff fluid change, and rotated the tires I've also attempted three or four times at getting my front axle u-joints done, but those three unit bearing bolts are a *****!

Pics coming tomorrow!
Quote:

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #187
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Antirock and front and rear LCA's are done. Yes, I know the jam nut isn't jammed

When removing the factory sway bar, I couldn't get a wrench around the bolt that's almost under the grill which is holding the sway bar 'clamp' down. You can see in the AR pic how it's still attached. To get the sway bar out, I had to bend the clamp a bit, then hack saw the rubber bushing enough to where I could yank the whole thing out of the clamp. Now the bumper and winch are back on and nobody can see that ugly business

Quote:

Unread 07-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #188
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build!
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #189
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered a set of Bilstein 5100's from Kolak. Great vendor, quick and easy!
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.