My New Toy: Impact Orange TJ RHD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My New Toy: Impact Orange TJ RHD

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-18-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
Chalice
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My New Toy: Impact Orange TJ RHD

I can't post pics, but here are some links. I just started a postal job and the only new vehicle I could find manufactured in a right hand drive is a Jeep Wrangler/Unlimited/Rubicon. I've never had one before, but it is really growing on me. I'm not sure how I want to accessorize it yet. So far, the only things I put on it were pretty basic. I have fog lights, strobe lights, vent shades, door sill covers and my favorite, seat covers, on so far. I think I'm going to go ahead and get black euro guards for the lights and a black billet cover for the gas cap area. I'm not sure if I want to go with a full bra on the front or body armor. I also was debating about a push bar. My mileage really isn't bad, especially compared to my 12 mpg truck, so I doubt I'll lift it. I wouldn't mind getting bushings that will keep it stock, but just raise it 1 1/2".

Any of your pics with these types of options would be greatly appreciated.

http://dakotasdream.com/jeep/driverside1.jpg

http://dakotasdream.com/jeep/driverside2.jpg

http://dakotasdream.com/jeep/driverside3.jpg

http://dakotasdream.com/jeep/front1.jpg

http://dakotasdream.com/jeep/front2.jpg

http://dakotasdream.com/jeep/inside1.jpg

http://dakotasdream.com/jeep/inside2.jpg

New Additions to my '06 Wrangler Sport: 2" Skyjacker Body Lift w/33"x10.5"x15 BFG's AT KO, Kargo Master Rack w/ Bushman 52"x60"Basket, Bumper Hoop Bar, Dark Tint Best Top Soft Top, Tinted Windshield Brow and Tinted Glass
Chalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
Achped
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That.....is the coolest thing....I have ever seen.

I've seen two RHD Jeeps before, both in rural parts of central Florida. One was this

They never seem to wave though
Achped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
Chalice
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, I think the RHD is neat. It took a little to get used to though. The husband likes it becasue he drove RHD's overseas for years. The kids like to go along because it freaks people out. My son gets asked all the time how old he is. Nobody thinks he's old enough to drive when he gets out on the left hand side.
I don't see many RHD's either. The driver that delivered my Jeep asked if I was going to paint it white to match the postal fleet.
New Additions to my '06 Wrangler Sport: 2" Skyjacker Body Lift w/33"x10.5"x15 BFG's AT KO, Kargo Master Rack w/ Bushman 52"x60"Basket, Bumper Hoop Bar, Dark Tint Best Top Soft Top, Tinted Windshield Brow and Tinted Glass
Unread 07-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I was just down at the local jeep dealer getting some parts last week and i saw one on their lot. The salesman said they had been trying to get some for a long time, but their really hard to come by, but they had finally got one on a dealer trade or something. Looks awesome though, id like to have one! Although id prob cause an accident trying to drive on the right side!
'83 CJ7
'92 YJ
'00 XJ
'99 TJ
'05 TJ Rubicon (Impact Orange)
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #5
TJVigilante
Web Wheeler

I figured you needed to be a postal worker tobuy one of them...are you reimbursed for the purchase because you require it for work?
TJVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 06:12 AM   #6
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalice

click free!
Unread 07-19-2006, 06:25 AM   #7
Chalice
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJVigilante
I figured you needed to be a postal worker tobuy one of them...are you reimbursed for the purchase because you require it for work?
Nope, we're not reimbursed. I make an extra $32 a day to drive my own vehicle. The problem is it costs me $25 a day in gas and it's becoming more all the time.
You don't have to be a postal worker to buy a RHD. There is a dealer in Northern Illinois and he's open to the public. I only paid $18,000 for my '06 RHD with auto, air, cd, strobe and fog lights.
Unread 07-19-2006, 06:27 AM   #8
Chalice
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you SimonTuffGuy!
Unread 07-19-2006, 07:20 AM   #9
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

Sure thing! I saw a nice looking green RHD Jeep when I was looking for mine, but it was way out of the price range I had.

They are pretty slick though. I wanted to convert my Festiva to a RHD like they sell overseas, but it would've also been too much $$ to try.

FWIW, My dad works for the post office too; he's a clerk though. I took my tests and received several letters, but no offers have been good enough to drop what I'm doing now.
Unread 07-19-2006, 09:16 AM   #10
TJVigilante
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalice
Nope, we're not reimbursed. I make an extra $32 a day to drive my own vehicle. The problem is it costs me $25 a day in gas and it's becoming more all the time.
You don't have to be a postal worker to buy a RHD. There is a dealer in Northern Illinois and he's open to the public. I only paid $18,000 for my '06 RHD with auto, air, cd, strobe and fog lights.

You should be able to claim that gas and your payments on the jeep on your taxes as work expenses.
TJVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #11
Chalice
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've been keeping a mileage log, so far. I need to look into what I can claim for depreciation on the Jeep. It would be great if I could claim my payments. I'll be uisng it as an everyday vehicle too though; since my teenager is turning 16 next month and taking my convertible. Thanks for the heads up.
Unread 07-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #12
Trapper

Very nice Jeep...love the interior and color.
Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #13
Chalice
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you
Unread 07-21-2006, 01:50 AM   #14
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Now that's a great company car

I bet you'll make some guy's day when his order from Quadratec is dropped off by a girl in an Impact Orange Wrangler
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #15
Chalice
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Now that's a great company car

I bet you'll make some guy's day when his order from Quadratec is dropped off by a girl in an Impact Orange Wrangler
I love going to work and driving around in my Jeep all day. I can't wait for the winter time to get here.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.