My "New" '97 TJ Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
TJGrunt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmacc View Post
One big thing is that the stock headunit doesn't put a lot of power out to the speakers. You're using stock HU and speakers so it won't really matter as much.. but changing to a higher powered headunit is the most efficient way to get clearer and louder sound. The 6x9"s should use an amplifier IMO.

Thanks for the Info. im just goin basic right now, better stuff when I get more money. it had no good sound at all, and the radio that was in it was a P.O.S. so anything from what I had was an upgrade

do you know where I could get the wires for the hookup, and where I need to insert them into the HU? I can figure out how to do the dash and put the Radio in, but im lost at how to install the rear speakers and the subs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 10-24-2011, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
TJGrunt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just got a call from the paint shop, ready for pickup tomorrow around noon , however ill need to call U-Haul tomorrow to see if they have the trailer, so im looking at Wednesday for bringing it home.
post #18 of 18 Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
TJGrunt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just got the Jeep home , however its too late to take the pics I will say that it came out VERY nice, everything was painted, no runs, overspray, cracks or different tint. everything met my expectations and I love it. Because of the Dark sky however I hvent seen the full of it yet but Tomorrow we shall all see the final turnout.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.