My MO 06 TJ Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My MO 06 TJ Build

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My MO 06 TJ Build

My wife said to get a price list together!!!!!
I have an 06 X with D30, and D35 axles, 4.0, and 6 speed trans. It currently has a 3" BL that it came with when we bought it in may. This is my DD also, so I want it to handle good on the road as well as offroad.
I am tired of getting stuck trying to get in and out of camp with it. I have to either sale it and buy a real 4x4 or make this one into what I think a jeep should be. I have to say that Jevon's (Idaho Jeep), and James's (Pumpkinator) jeeps have inspired me for my build. Their are so many great jeeps on here that I hate to point at any one to be my favorite, I just like the way they have keep theirs drivable. Since my jeep is also my dd I can really appritiate how hard it is to create a capable offroad jeep that is still driver friendly and legal on road.

I am thinking
Swaylock front, antirock rear
*3.5 X FACTOR PLUS COIL OVER SYSTEM*
*JK rubicon 44's front and rear, with the chromoly axles, geared to 488 or 513*
*stock JK moab rims*
*37/12.5/17 Super Swamper Radial TSL Tires*
TnT highline tubes, ext wb corners
*Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering*
*JKS Manufacturing Bl 1.25"*
*M.O.R.E. Bomb Proof Torsion Rubber Motor Mounts*
Rubicon Express HD Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit
Rugged Ridge Winch Mount Modular XHD Front Bumper with stinger
Smittybilt XRC-12 Winch
*Rugged Ridge RRC Side Rocker Guards*
CV Drive Shaft
*A to Z Heavy Duty Rear Receiver Bumper with Tire Carrier*
*TnT JK to TJ axle truss*

Am I forgetting anything? Or does anyone have any suggestions.

After some suggestions here (MudDuck99) and talking with Rod at T&T I am making some changes to my build. The changes have been marked with astriks above.
Now I am going with Currie D60's front and rear. This means I will have to go with a 4.5" lift instead of 3.5", becuase of the front being a Hi pinion.
I will be going with a 64" front width, and a 63" rear width. The front axle comes with the HD Currie steering.
So I am going to go with T&T's 4.5" stretch (Front 3", and Rear 5") This should put me close to the 100" mark and help stabilize the lift some. Since I will only gain about an inch with the belly tuck because of the size of my tranny I am doing away with the needed BL and going without the tuck. I am still getting that 1" with the 4.5" lift over the 3.5" that is needed due to the Hi pinion front axle.
I have decided to go with the Rock Monster Beadlocks (17x8.5 5 on 5.5 wth 4.63 back spacing)
I will also be using T&T's Tire carrier and rear crossmember bumper, and rocker with the boat guard.
Going to also go with Pitbulls 37x13.50x17 rockers.
I will not be ordering anything until Dec. or Jan. If anyone has any sugestions before then please let me know. I want to get this right the first time.LOL
As soon as I can I will get some before pics up.

Last edited by Redarcher89; 11-20-2009 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Changes to build plan
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

how much will the JK Rubi d-44's run you?
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

By looking at your list , money really isn't an issue. Why not just order a complete d-60 for the front and rear? or just order a complete dana 44 already built for a TJ? you can get them geared how you want it.

link: http://www.4wd.com/search.aspx?PN=1&kw=g2+dana+44
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
LKrux
1997 TJ Wrangler 

should leave the stock sway bar in the rear. antirock in the rear is more for offroad only buggies
LKrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
LKrux should leave the stock sway bar in the rear. antirock in the rear is more for offroad only buggies
I was not sure about the antirock in the rear. If I will get a better ride with the stock swaybar in the rear then I will leave it in.

Unread 11-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
MudDuck99: By looking at your list , money really isn't an issue. Why not just order a complete d-60 for the front and rear? or just order a complete dana 44 already built for a TJ? you can get them geared how you want it.
The price for the JK axles are alot cheaper than the D60's (especially the front) and they are very strong compared to the tj 44. The regear is the only part of the build that I have no worries about. I have about 12 years experiance working at Dana building axles.

Quote:
MudDuck99 :how much will the JK Rubi d-44's run you?
the front is about 2800.00 and the rear is about 1800.00.
With the gears, install kit, and chromoly axles it will still be cheaper than the D60 front would cost by itself. Plus I wanted a little wider stance.
Unread 11-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well it looks like I am going to go with D60's front and rear from Currie. I am trying to decide on a good width for the axles. Any suggestions?
Unread 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If the JK's width is what you were after then 65 is the magic number, personally i'd stick to around 63
Unread 11-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The JK is a little wider than I wanted, but I thought that would be a cheap way to upgrade axles and go wider. Now I am going with 60's from Currie and am trying to decide on the "perfect width". How much differance would you make between the front and rear widths?
Unread 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post
The JK is a little wider than I wanted, but I thought that would be a cheap way to upgrade axles and go wider. Now I am going with 60's from Currie and am trying to decide on the "perfect width". How much differance would you make between the front and rear widths?
This is just my personaly advice but my answer would be none. My only reason is for looks, I can't stand to see a jeep or any vehicle with different width axles. Now that i've said that, I also don't like wide jeeps. Jeeps are supposed to be small and narrow in my opinion so I really wouldn't go any wider than 63 in any jeep of my own.
Unread 11-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The guy I talked with at Currie said By running the rear just a little narrower that it would help the turning radius.
Unread 11-18-2009, 05:55 AM   #12
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post
The guy I talked with at Currie said By running the rear just a little narrower that it would help the turning radius.
Yeah and it's true but I just don't like the look. If you go that route don't go with more than a 2 inch difference. Your best bet is to just ask Currie what they recommend. They might say 62 rear, 64 front, and if they do i'd take their advice.
Unread 11-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was wanting to go with only a 1" difference. Now the big question. What else would I need to run 37's or bigger?
Unread 11-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #14
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

WIth the lift you're going with and the tube fenders you should be good.
Unread 11-19-2009, 05:56 AM   #15
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Is that Rock Krawler steering one with hydro assist? Running 37s you will probably want it, and a cooler. Other than that things look great! Can't wait to see it all come together.

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.