My LJ Build Attempt - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My LJ Build Attempt

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #91
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

yup I am. Sounds sweet man lemme Know. Theres not really any place to wheel here in wichita but about 2-4hrs aways theres quite a few. Haven't had a chance to go to any of em but I keep tellin myself I will make the time to check em out.

White Rubi LJ, 6spd, 35" BFG KM2's My LJ Build Attempt
Onion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #92
distortedtj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion22 View Post
I did the BL and MML Last night took me way longer the 2hrs . The BL was easy enought but the MML gave me some trouble, but I got it done, I
Well...I'm done one or two before.

Let me guess...the motor mount bolt just happen to hit and not want to come out. Yeah common issue...just remove the mount from the block. But I'm sure you figured that out.

As for the tummy tuck..great idea. And may I suggest the ROKMEN tummy tuck...great product. If you ever need help with anything on your rig let me know. If it's been done to a jeep, I've probally done it.

Also...WHEELING TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is several jeepers "about 8 and still gaining" that have a trip planned going to Tuttle Creek ORV schedualed for the 23,24, and 25 of APR. The rigs range from 1 stocker to mild and wilds. Will be a great time, the more rigs the more fun.

PM me for details if your interested.

It's nice being just down the road from DPGoffroad.

Now a 99 SAHARICON!!!!
distortedtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #93
BeepTheJeep

Nice build you got here. We are okay with the poser shots lol. Anyways, I'm glad you can really manage to create your own build. I envy you. I am still on the verge of executing the envisioned jeep I have in mind. I have some little problems on how I could improve its performance and not costing me that much but getting real good quality at the same time. Wished me luck bro...Hope to finish mine and build one like yours.
BeepTheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #94
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedtj View Post
Well...I'm done one or two before.

Let me guess...the motor mount bolt just happen to hit and not want to come out. Yeah common issue...just remove the mount from the block. But I'm sure you figured that out.

As for the tummy tuck..great idea. And may I suggest the ROKMEN tummy tuck...great product. If you ever need help with anything on your rig let me know. If it's been done to a jeep, I've probally done it.

Also...WHEELING TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is several jeepers "about 8 and still gaining" that have a trip planned going to Tuttle Creek ORV schedualed for the 23,24, and 25 of APR. The rigs range from 1 stocker to mild and wilds. Will be a great time, the more rigs the more fun.

PM me for details if your interested.
Ya I really took my sweet time. started to cross thread the motor mount (nut welded to frame) and freaked out, I stood there a while deciding what to do... went underneath and threaded the bolt through the back side, then removed it and went from the top again and it worked out great!

Rockmen is what I will prolly go with If an awesome savvy one doesn't come out by the time i can afford one. Still gotta get BDS rear adj UCA's w/flex ends. Then I'm probably getting an SYE and drive shaft from tom woods. I may need some assistance with the sye install if I can ever afford it.

Sweet deal on the trip, need to see if I can get off work, but a PM will be sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepTheJeep View Post
Nice build you got here. We are okay with the poser shots lol. Anyways, I'm glad you can really manage to create your own build. I envy you. I am still on the verge of executing the envisioned jeep I have in mind. I have some little problems on how I could improve its performance and not costing me that much but getting real good quality at the same time. Wished me luck bro...Hope to finish mine and build one like yours.
Thanks a lot! I am pretty proud of my poser shots Not having a budget give me lots of time to research everything I want, only problem is you get to many ideas and don't want to pull the trigger, and your build goes really slow. People all over this forum are amazing at cutting costs on build best of luck with the Jeep... and there's no such thing a finished jeep

Side pic with body lift... my 33's look really small

Unread 03-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #95
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

went to the dentist, found out I have to have oral surgery to fix an infection from a root canal that didn't heal right... gonna cost $400-$600 after insurance.This is one of those days I wish i hadn't moved out and was still under my parents insurance. Sorry jeep your mods will have to wait some more.

Unread 03-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #96
distortedtj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Then I'm probably getting an SYE and drive shaft from tom woods. I may need some assistance with the sye install if I can ever afford it.
Just let me know if you need a hand or just guidance or tools. You have a pm with contact info.

It's nice being just down the road from DPGoffroad.

Now a 99 SAHARICON!!!!
distortedtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #97
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

installed sum cheapo bulbs in my fog lights so they aren't so yellowish,
(Only ONE fog light changed) its hard to tell in the pics but huge difference in person

and my cracked fog light needs to eventually be replaced...

and the the other reason the jeep is going supper slow is this wrecked 83 928 Porsche project I doing with my bro in law...

Last edited by Onion22; 03-21-2010 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: porsche year.
Unread 03-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #98
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaExPat View Post
Thanks man. You know if you're going with the tummy tuck you will need the SYE and woody shaft before hand right? The way the TT works, your driveline would be thrown all off without it.
Quote:
huh... nope i was under the impression that 4" was the gray area for LJ (3" suspension + tummy tuck) and 5" was sye for sure. I thought I would be okay with a body lift, motor mount lift, and a tummy tuck. guess sye moves up on the list.... i hate the look of the damn shovel
I haven't installed mine yet, but had also gathered from reading and discussion that SYE isn't necessary for LJs with less than 5" lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedtj View Post
As for the tummy tuck..great idea. And may I suggest the ROKMEN tummy tuck...great product.
I've heard only good stuff about the Rokmen TT, but you might want to look into Savvy, too.

BTW, nice rig. Looking great!
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #99
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Real nice looking rig.
Unread 03-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #100
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
I haven't installed mine yet, but had also gathered from reading and discussion that SYE isn't necessary for LJs with less than 5" lift.

I've heard only good stuff about the Rokmen TT, but you might want to look into Savvy, too.

BTW, nice rig. Looking great!
Thanks, I need to find some LJ's that have a TT w/o a SYE and how much lift they have, Trust me I waiting to see what savvy has in store for their TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejeep97 View Post
Real nice looking rig.
Thanks man!

Looking around for sum 35's goin with BFG KM2's/Cooper STT's/Goodyear MTR's Its a great debate all over the forum... making a decision shall be tricky. Also contemplating getting different rims also. Need to see what I can get for my barely used 33x12.5x15 BFG AT's and what I can get for my 15x10 rims combo or seperate(Also will sell my ravines to help with possible new rims) I really like the Moab look alikes by MAMBA Not a huge fan of my steelies, they look sweet but because of the simulated bead lock they're a PIA to clean and the spare is basically a bird bath 24/7.

Unread 03-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #101
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks, I need to find some LJ's that have a TT w/o a SYE and how much lift they have, Trust me I waiting to see what savvy has in store for their TT.

Thanks man!

Looking around for sum 35's goin with BFG KM2's/Cooper STT's/Goodyear MTR's Its a great debate all over the forum... making a decision shall be tricky. Also contemplating getting different rims also. Need to see what I can get for my barely used 33x12.5x15 BFG AT's and what I can get for my 15x10 rims combo or seperate(Also will sell my ravines to help with possible new rims) I really like the Moab look alikes by MAMBA Not a huge fan of my steelies, they look sweet but because of the simulated bead lock they're a PIA to clean and the spare is basically a bird bath 24/7.
From that list I'd choose the Mickey Thompson MTZs, er, uh, . . . I mean the KM2s.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 12:38 AM   #102
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
From that list I'd choose the Mickey Thompson MTZs, er, uh, . . . I mean the KM2s.
lol nice those should also be on my list, time for tire research the MTZs are tempting i didn't know they came sipped from the factory they are a pretty penny

Last edited by Onion22; 03-22-2010 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: price realization
Unread 03-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #103
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My vote would be the BFG's, always liked BFG. Have always had good luck with them. When I finally lift my rig, hopefully soon. I am going with the KM2's. But like you said, to each their own!
Unread 04-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #104
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Look what fedex dropped off

now I just gotta get it installed, buy an antenna, buy sum cable, paint and mount sum angle iron, do some soldering, and then have sum1 do the SWR stuff.... thats a lotta work for a glorified walkie talkie

Unread 04-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #105
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Picked up some used rims and 35" BFG KM2... thanks Andy

Before

After

and I'm going to test em out on the wheeling trip this weekend

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.