My LJ Build Attempt - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My LJ Build Attempt

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #16
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

just use brillo on the letters when you wash it you wont believe how white they turn i do my letters every couple of weeks and they look better than new, takes about 10 minutes to do all 4, fyi, it wont hurt the letters or the rubber, use that along with wesley's tire bleach and look out!

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #17
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I like the dirty scuffed up letters, it adds character and it makes my All terrains look slightly more rugged

White Rubi LJ, 6spd, 35" BFG KM2's My LJ Build Attempt
Onion22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #18
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Nice, makes me wish i had money during my build.
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #19
grnjp88
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Great looking LJ!

Makes me want to lengthen my YJ...

I agree, they look a little odd running stock tires/suspension. -You have done a fine job changing that!
Unread 10-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #20
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thank for the compliments guys, i ordered sum four x doctor diff guard from quadratec a while ago cuz i need to change my diff fluid. I have the one for the 35 up front but the 44 rear has been on back order for almost 3 weeks. This kinda sux cuz i wanted to do the diffs and oil change at the same time so its forcing me to go over the 3000 miles... and i may just have to do them seprately which is gonna be such a hassle

Unread 10-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #21
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So My brother in Law has decided to trade in his jeep for sumthing more baby friendly... kinda sux but i get to strip his jeep and take what i want
His jeep

so i swaped out my kickers for his rockfords I though it was funny there was mud on mine

All the rockford stuff and sum polyfill... I'm putting speaker baffles behind the 4x6's to help keep all the sound going forward and to put a little polyfil behind them as well

polyfil behind the 4x6's and the baffles

polyfil in the pods

took his delta quadbars, they aren't in my jeep i'll get around to it this weekend hopefully, and hopefully some HID's, the narrow beam pattern is annoying though

And the last thing would be trading my stock batter for his yellow top optima

I also considered putting my old ravines on his jeep and trying to sell the dickie cepeks

Unread 10-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #22
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Nice lookin' Jeep. I saw you are in the Air Guard, 184th im guessing? In the the 190th up in Topeka.

[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club- Tail# JF064NG[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
ANGJetMech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #23
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGJetMech View Post
Nice lookin' Jeep. I saw you are in the Air Guard, 184th im guessing? In the the 190th up in Topeka.

yup 4NO in the 184th, did you move with the planes or were you always in topeka? I joined right after all the planes left.

and I hope there's more and better places to wheel near or in Topeka than Wichita

Unread 10-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #24
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Yup, joined up here almost 5 years ago. Have you ever been to Randolph ORV Park up by manhattan? They have pretty decent wheelin' up there
[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club- Tail# JF064NG[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
ANGJetMech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #25
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGJetMech View Post
Yup, joined up here almost 5 years ago. Have you ever been to Randolph ORV Park up by manhattan? They have pretty decent wheelin' up there
Nope I haven't made any trips with my jeep mostly becuase I have no one to go with (don't wanna get stranded by my self lol) maybe when i go visit some friends up at k-state i'll check it out. One of my friends takes his quads to the sand up in Wynoka(sp) and i might go out there with him but idk how my at's will do in the sand.

Unread 10-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #26
distortedtj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tuttle creek is a ok place to wheel. Disney OK is awesome to wheel.

It's nice being just down the road from DPGoffroad.

Now a 99 SAHARICON!!!!
distortedtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #27
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

your Jeep looks really good, I like it...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #28
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedtj View Post
Tuttle creek is a ok place to wheel. Disney OK is awesome to wheel.
I'll have to look into it, if you ever make a trip anywhere you should pm me I'm trying to convince my cousin and 1 of my friends to get a jeep so i have sum1 to go wheel with

any of you ever go to KS badlands? it like 40min south of wichita. I know they are big on their mud run but they have good amount of acres for atvs... just don't know if i can take my jeep on them or not. closer than manhatten and it'd be easy to do a 1 day trip... if nothing breaks

i know mcconnell got a atv course but i don't think they'd let my jeep on it, but I don't know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
your Jeep looks really good, I like it...
sounds so much better coming from a green midget mastermind thanks!

Unread 10-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #29
CarolinaExPat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Like what you've done to the LJ. I've got an '06 LJ, black as well. I'm workin on building mine up a little. 33's, 3.5" lift, rear bumper with tire carrier and a good front with a warn winch. Practical but functional within reality. You've given me some good ideas. I like what you've done to the exhaust. I'm going to paint mine now because it looks a lot better.
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If you quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong.
CarolinaExPat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #30
distortedtj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion22 View Post
I'll have to look into it, if you ever make a trip anywhere you should pm me I'm trying to convince my cousin and 1 of my friends to get a jeep so i have sum1 to go wheel with

any of you ever go to KS badlands? it like 40min south of wichita. I know they are big on their mud run but they have good amount of acres for atvs... just don't know if i can take my jeep on them or not. closer than manhatten and it'd be easy to do a 1 day trip... if nothing breaks

i know mcconnell got a atv course but i don't think they'd let my jeep on it, but I don't know for sure.

sounds so much better coming from a green midget mastermind thanks!
KS badlands has ONLY 3 mud pits for vehicles. They are NOT allowed on the trails.

Also the ATV course on McConnell is not open to vehicles.

I'll let you know if I take a trip somewhere.

It's nice being just down the road from DPGoffroad.

Now a 99 SAHARICON!!!!
distortedtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.