My Khaki TJ Build (2.5", 32's etc..) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Khaki TJ Build (2.5", 32's etc..)

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 02-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #31
65th
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You Jeep is boss dude. I love TJ's on 32s hehe

Unread 04-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #32
MVRubicon777
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorti22 View Post
Also, my jeep finally had its first break in last night! I live on OSU campus (just off campus actually), and its not the best place around, thats for sure! The guy had enough courtesy to spare my window, so he just unzipped it and crawled in instead of cutting it. The reason he wanted in was because he saw my glove compartment was unlocked. All he found was my registration and a few receipts, so luckily I got made it out with nothing stolen or damaged! Its more the idea that it happened that pisses me off though... Well I hope everyone had a good holiday, and I will post pictures from the install as soon as it happens!!
I have a khaki '04 Rubicon, like the build that you've put together. I had mine broken into the "courtesy way" and like you have an aftermarket stereo, etc. in it. Best purchase I made was the Bestop Instatrunk and steel center console to protect my goods. The thief did make off with about $.74 and a beat football.

'04 TJ Rubicon
Khaki Jeep Club Member
Rubicon Owners Club
Keystone State Jeep Owners Club
Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance
Jeeperz4WD
Limitless Offroad
Grass Roots Jeep Club

[CENTER] l____l
OlllllllO
[ ]=O=[ ][/CENTER]

"I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks. I was happy in the midst of dangers and inconveniences." - Daniel Boone
MVRubicon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #33
MVRubicon777
2004 TJ Wrangler 

And btw, the whole build is sweet. I dig the black wheels on the khaki's. I'm considering painting my Moabs black at some point this summer. I'm also in the process of some minor mods now that I just upgraded the lift from a 2" RE to a 4" Currie Antirock short-arm.

'04 TJ Rubicon
Khaki Jeep Club Member
Rubicon Owners Club
Keystone State Jeep Owners Club
Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance
Jeeperz4WD
Limitless Offroad
Grass Roots Jeep Club

[CENTER] l____l
OlllllllO
[ ]=O=[ ][/CENTER]

"I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks. I was happy in the midst of dangers and inconveniences." - Daniel Boone
MVRubicon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #34
GIJOE1914
2004 TJ Wrangler 

KHAKI JEEPS RULE! Good looking Rig dude. Reminds me of mine!
GIJOE1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #35
warriorti22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Finally found some time to get out to the trails and try out the winch. So far I am not 100% satisfied with the winch for several reasons. First, the clutch lever (engage/free spool) is stuck in the engage position. Luckily I didnt have to make a very long pull when I did have to use it, so I just winched out out to the tree, but I have heard its not good for the winch if you dont free-spool it out to a tree, especially if its far away. I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do ti fix this problem...

The second problem (and a much larger issue) is the winch remote. Once I decided I was 100% stuck and setup everything to make a pull, I pressed the button to pull me out, and NOTHING. Unplugged it and put it back in a few times with no luck... Then out of the middle of nowhere, the cord just slipped right out of the connecter, leaving me with three open ended wires and the connector still in the solenoid box. I ended up having to take apart the connector piece, and just guessing which wires attached to which points (there were 4 connection points and only three wires). I ended up getting it to work just enough to pull me out, and then took it home to make a permanent fix later on...

Here are some pictures from the day.

The Aftermath! There was not a chance I was going to make it though that spot without a winch. I'm still learning my limits haha

warriorti22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #36
crimsonjeeper
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Love the jeep! did you ever get around to putting that bl on? i would love to see some updated pictures!
crimsonjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #37
wranglerTX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Im thinking in going in the same direction as you, 2.5 lift and 32'' tires. black wheels..
What gears do you have?
wranglerTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.