My Khaki TJ Build (2.5", 32's etc..) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Khaki TJ Build (2.5", 32's etc..)

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
warriorti22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejeep97 View Post
Looks really good with the lift installed, getting any vibes?
Nope, no vibes! Had to drive it home from my uncles place and I got it up to 75 at one point and I had no vibes which I was really happy about!

warriorti22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #17
Mitcho11
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looking sharp man I need to have you email the pics you took of mine so I can do a little build thread myself, although I havent really documented from start to finish like you have.
Mitcho11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #18
TimeConsumer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anymore pics? You're going almost exactly the direction I'm thinking about now.
Unread 04-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #19
warriorti22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I havent done anything new since the last time I took pics, but I did go mudding for the first time today and it was so fun! Here are a few pics and Ill attach a video once youtube approves it... The tires performed perfectly! Not once did I even come close to getting stuck.... But I am a rookie so I took it pretty light.. Also, the lift felt great offroad, especially after I disconnected the sway bar.

Trying to flex a little... Couldnt have gone much farther without the tire rubbing the fender..

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:49 AM   #20
warriorti22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 05-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #21
bbrown2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

sweet build man its giving me ideas for my new jeep. one question tho what gears are you running and how dose it drive now that you have lifted it?

sweet jeep keep up the good work man
bbrown2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #22
warriorti22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's been a while since I've done anything to my jeep, but I've got a few things in store within the next few weeks.

First off, my oh-so-kind parents said they would buy me a new bumper as my christmas present. After a lot of reading I decided to go with the ROKMEN Mercenary front bumper. Still not sure if I am just going to paint it myself or if I am going to have it powder coated. Its really cold in OH, and its not warming up anytime soon, so I wont have a really good opportunity to spray can it, so I'm leaning towards the powder coating. If anyone has advice on painting/powder-coating/installing this bumper, please chime in and let me know!

Second, I figured since I finally have a bumper with a winch plate, I might as well purchase a winch! I decided to go with the Smittybilt XRC 8 Comp Series. Found it for $390 shipped from Amazon. I don't plan on using it a TON so I couldn't justify spending the extra $$ on a WARN, especially since I'm a college student. I decided on the comp series one because it comes with the synthetic line, and that was a major turn-on for me.

Third, I have my RC 1.25" body lift and 1" MML still sitting around, so I'm hoping to install those as well. Once I get the bumper painted I hope to install everything in a weekend (maybe even a day, since they are all pretty quick installs).

If anyone has some tips they think will help me with installing the MML, BL, or winch/bumper, please let me know! Should I bolt the winch on the bumper BEFORE I bolt the bumper onto the jeep?

Also, my jeep finally had its first break in last night! I live on OSU campus (just off campus actually), and its not the best place around, thats for sure! The guy had enough courtesy to spare my window, so he just unzipped it and crawled in instead of cutting it. The reason he wanted in was because he saw my glove compartment was unlocked. All he found was my registration and a few receipts, so luckily I got made it out with nothing stolen or damaged! Its more the idea that it happened that pisses me off though... Well I hope everyone had a good holiday, and I will post pictures from the install as soon as it happens!!
Unread 01-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #23
ms198
1985 CJ7 

i bolted my winch plate to my bumper and then my winch to the plate. that makes it a lot easier.
ms198 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #24
warriorti22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So this past weekend my uncle and I primed/painted the bumper, installed it, installed the winch, and changed the battery and oil. My BL and MML seemed to have come up missing sometime over the past year, so needless to say, those were not installed!

First off, I want to say that I can't imagine a higher quality bumper than the Rokmen. The welds look awesome, and you can tell some serious time and craftsmanship went into this thing. My ONLY complaint is that they shipped it completely bare, and several of the corners were dinged up. Im not too upset, seeing as it is a Jeep not a show car, but I still would have liked the dings to be my fault, and not Fedex's. I used POR 15 as the base coat for the bumper, and Rustoleum Satin for the top coat. I used POR's "Metal-Ready" and some 220 grit sand paper to prep the metal. As of now, it looks GREAT (IMO), but we will see how it holds up to the test of time.

Bare Steel:

After Prep:

(We painted in my uncles garage, and since we are in OHIO, we needed a little assistance from the heater )

Here is what a few of the corners looked like. Like I said, not a huge deal, but still....

After POR 15:

Top Coat:

After allowing the paint to cure overnight/into the day saturday, we started the assembly with the XRC 8 winch.

Something we did was put some grease on the bottom of the fairlead mount to prevent corrosion under it. Helped create a nice seal:

The only problem we ran into all weekend was that the mounting bolts for the winch were slightly too short for the 1/4 steel bumper and the 1/4 fairlead mount. When we tried to tighten the bolts all the way, they ended up stripping. Quick trip to the hardware store, and some grade-8 replacements that were 1/4" longer, and we were on our way:

The only battery that COSTCO had was the Optima Red top, and since I dont plan on using the winch very often, I figured it would be suitable. It was something like $115. My 04' still had the original battery, so I was due for a replacement anyways. I bought some side-terminal bolts, and bolted the winch connectors up to the side-terminals to ensure a clean connection:

WALA!

Hoping to find the MML and BL so I can go up another 1.25"! Also, after the winch/bumper, I will be needing the .75" spacers for the front springs, as the rake is pretty noticeable now. Looking forward to going wheeling and trying to get stuck so I can give the winch a try!
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #25
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That looks awesome! I have the same winch and it works without a hitch every time!!! Show us the rake you have because mines pretty bad too and I'm about ready to just put in some 3" zone springs up front and leave the rc's out back. Sorry...word vomit...the jeep looks awesome man, you should be proud

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #26
dwlmytj2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Good lookin rig man!
dwlmytj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #27
WranglerBurg
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This makes me realize how good and how much i want black rims on my jeep (same color)

Same thing about the bumper too.
WranglerBurg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #28
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The Rough Country is quite the deal isnt it! I was surprised by how well it rides on my dads TJ. Mine was higher in the back with the winch on the front, So I removed the stock front isolator and stacked it on top of the back one, then I put a 2" rubber spacer up front. Really gives a TJ a great look and it flexes awesome!

austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #29
warriorti22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaubinoe View Post
The Rough Country is quite the deal isnt it! I was surprised by how well it rides on my dads TJ. Mine was higher in the back with the winch on the front, So I removed the stock front isolator and stacked it on top of the back one, then I put a 2" rubber spacer up front. Really gives a TJ a great look and it flexes awesome!

Your jeep looks great! And yes, the rough country is a great deal. Obviously not the BEST quality lift you can buy, but for a college student like myself or anyone not looking to spend close to a grand for 3 inches of lift, its a no-brainer deal. In order to install the rubber spacers in the front, does it require that you completely remove the springs? I want to throw some spacers on, but I don't know when I will be able to find the time to spend a weekend doing it if that is the case.
Unread 02-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #30
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorti22 View Post
Your jeep looks great! And yes, the rough country is a great deal. Obviously not the BEST quality lift you can buy, but for a college student like myself or anyone not looking to spend close to a grand for 3 inches of lift, its a no-brainer deal. In order to install the rubber spacers in the front, does it require that you completely remove the springs? I want to throw some spacers on, but I don't know when I will be able to find the time to spend a weekend doing it if that is the case.
It shouldn't take more than 2 hours or so to get the springs out, spacers in, and springs back in. If you did it once, it will be so much easier the second time around.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2.5 inch lift , headlight bezel , km2 , rough country , thompson signature series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.