My Jeep, 'Zoolander' - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Jeep, 'Zoolander'

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
bmcasler
2000 WJ 

My Jeep, 'Zoolander'

So, having my jeep for a little over 3 years now, I guess it's finally time to start listing everything that I've done with it.

I picked up my 2000 WJ back in November of 2010, on Black Friday. Pretty good purchase if I do say so myself.

Bone stock, 2000 WJ Laredo 4x4. With what seemed every possible option a Laredo could have without being called a Limited.

It was given the name Zoolnader by a buddy of mine only a few months ago, mainly because after sitting for a bit, it had a really hard time turning the wheels left while sitting at rest. So it's not an ambi-turner. And it's really really ridiculously good looking.

unnamed-6-.jpg

Unread 05-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
bmcasler
2000 WJ 

So, realiztically, the building and the repairs didn't actually start happining until a few months ago. I never really had the money I wanted to start building, then I joined the Navy. So now I actually have money to play with. Let the build begin.
Unread 05-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
bmcasler
2000 WJ 

The first major thing I replaced was the drivers side CV axle shaft assembly. That was a fun discovery.
Grease had been flung everywhere.
unnamed-1-.jpg  
unnamed-4-.jpg

unnamed-5-.jpg

Unread 05-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
bmcasler
2000 WJ 

Next up, My jeep, like so many other WJ's had been fitted with the Teves calipers. Which, I can attest, are complete and total garbage. The brake, but damn, that wobble. So, after much researching and parts searching, I went ahead and did the Akebono swap, and WOW. Does it make a difference.
jeep-brakes.jpg  
Unread 05-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
bmcasler
2000 WJ 

In the Navy i'm enlisted in the Nuclear propulsion program, so for a while, I dodn't really do anything with my jeep, I was tied up with going to school from 7am-4pm. And then studying for 4 or 5 hours after that everyday. So I was fairly preoccupied for the time. But, Back on April 11th, I graduated. So now I had 2 months of doing pretty much nothing. Plus, part of my enlistment bonus came in. Lift and tires anyone??
unnamed-7-.jpg  
unnamed-8-.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.