Not much new to show. I got the bed frame sandblasted and primed. I need to build a sturdy table to assemble the bed on. I had it sitting on a set of plastic saw horses, and that wasn't stable.
I did find a "jeep truck" emblem off a 1948 jeep truck. I only have 1. I don't know if I will install it on the tailgate, ir use it as a template to have one cnc'd out of aluminum. I could possibly make a mold and make a few emblems out of fiberglass resin mixed with chopped fiberglass. The chopped fiberglass is very fine. Almost like a powder.
I got the front panels welded in. I don't see any reason to completely weld the seams. I will grind the plug welds down, and then seam seal the seams.
I will probably spray the front of the bed with spray on bed liner or Lizard skin.
I started working on the rear of the Jeep bed. The right corner was a little longer than the left side. My tailgate had no gap, so I had to cut 1/4 inch out of the right rear corner.
I will keep spot welding the seam until it's all welded.
I had to stop and think how I was going to make the supports for the rear corners. I was going to use scrambler inner supports, but they are longer than I wanted.
My bed design has less rear hangover behind the rear tires than the scrambler, so the scrambler parts would take up all the area behind the inner fender wells. I want to use this area for
custom made aluminum boxes.
I bent up some 16 gauge sheet metal supports for the corners. Just clamped in place they really stiffened up the corners.