My Jeep Progress Page - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Jeep Progress Page

Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 05-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #61
Djay101
1998 TJ Wrangler 

rough indeed, hsd them on my old 1992 gmc truck, got new truck in November and not needed to put the tires on it as its only a 2wd... they still look good though... needs tire sensors for them to go on

Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #62
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What do you mean needs tire sensors for them to go on?
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #63
Djay101
1998 TJ Wrangler 

the new gmc truck i have has the onboard tire sensors on it, if a tire is under pressure a light on the dash comes on... buddy told me tonight that there is a way of shutting it off... so im gonna look into that
Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #64
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So here are some pictures of my "new" light bar after the modifications.

Here is a before and after shoot to see the difference in height clearance

Before

After

Couple more shots from it, turned out real well. I plan on spraying it with some Rocker guard to give it that rough texture look

The headlight bezels are removed for a touch up as some paint has been removed/flaked off. Hopefully sand them down real good tomorrow and then throw some paint on them.

Here is a couple of under body shots I took today. Needless to say there is a bit of rust. The passenger shock is well rusted but luckily i will be swapping that out soon. Once the coil spacers arrive. Pictures were taken to try and find some sort of clunk in the rear i keep hearing when i hit a bump but everything seems to be sturdy and tight down there..

Thread can be seen at --> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/re...bumps-1213619/

I also discovered while trying to grease my zerks today that the one that is connected to the pitman arm and drag link the actual rubber boot that holds the grease is completely busted. I need to find a new boot and am having not a whole lot of luck finding how to replace those..
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
Unread 05-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #65
redjeep1992
2004 TJ Wrangler 

hey man nice jeep have the same as you except red btw was changing the seats very hard have to drill anything or was it a direct swap maybe thinking about doing this to my jeep any help will be nice thx in advance
redjeep1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 09:05 AM   #66
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeep1992 View Post
hey man nice jeep have the same as you except red btw was changing the seats very hard have to drill anything or was it a direct swap maybe thinking about doing this to my jeep any help will be nice thx in advance

Thanks! No the seats were a direct bolt in. Only thing i did was add about 3-4 washers on each side on the drivers seat as it appeared to me that I was sitting a bit lower than usual.

But highly recommend the new seats, and like i said the only downside is the seat doesn't fold as far into the dash as before. I would try and get some pictures but it has been raining for the past like 2 weeks just driving me nuts and limiting me on what i can do.
My Progress Page
Unread 05-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #67
redjeep1992
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i know its been the same here except it was the past month then have a nice week then it starts raining again so i know how you feel only been topless and doorless twice and dont need to worry about the seat folding into the dash as much only have people back there once in a while lol
redjeep1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #68
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeep1992
i know its been the same here except it was the past month then have a nice week then it starts raining again so i know how you feel only been topless and doorless twice and dont need to worry about the seat folding into the dash as much only have people back there once in a while lol
That's exactly what I said for the amount of time people that sit in the back seat it's well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
My Progress Page
Unread 05-20-2011, 05:40 AM   #69
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Havn't done a whole lot to the jeep this past week except a few small things.

First my oil pressure switch was acting up so I got a new switch and that turned out to be even more whack than my original. My needle was bouncing up and down like mad! Swapping in my old switch fixed the problem, I did see a difference in the old switch and new in where the rubber gasket lies inside that it's actually a bit deeper on the new switch. Here is a sweet video!

In the mean time I noticed that my tires are worn out unevenly really bad! So I am going to have to swap out my shocks/springs that I've been holding onto now for over a month and do a balancing and alignment on the tires because its becoming unbearable.

Also picked up a new tie rod end for my pitman arm/drag link as mine is completely torn up. I might even get another 1 or 2 tie rod ends to swap in for the old ones. Because my jeeps front end is quite rough when I speed up/slown down and it has gotten worse since the tires are all messed up.

And yesterday I wanted to spend some time to find out where the water comes in from that appears on my passenger floor and doing some research apparently its the cowl area that's of interest. But after taking things apart I cannot find any issues here..

Perhaps someone can chime in?

My Progress Page
Unread 05-20-2011, 06:53 AM   #70
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and I forgot to say I also discovered my exhaust is leaking. Where the tail pipe meets the muffler its letting out some air. And also the tail pipe itself there somehow there is a slit in that.. Looks like I am going to have to get that replaced.

I knew the jeep started sounding louder and louder on the road and not as clean. I am actually looking/considering going with a magnaflow stainless steel cat back system. Any recommendations or advice?

It's a bit steep id be looking at $630 after labor and all. Wondering if you guys knew better options or if the magnaflow is worth the money?
My Progress Page
Unread 05-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #71
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Coil spacers just arrived today at lunch. They measure more than 1" that I had ordered.. I believe the idea is if I remove my isolators (.25") then I get that 1" but if i keep them that I will get more.

Is there any cons to removing the isolators?

My Progress Page
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #72
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced my pitman arm tie rod end last night. Couldn't take pictures as that was one hell of a mess.. The zerk boot from the old one was busted and there was grease every wheres and just oozing out. Genius at the part store also gave me the wrong tie rod where the thread was a lot smaller than the one I needed. So that really topped my wrenching time off!

Next on the list is; I gotta re-paint my flares they look terrible. And then finally put in my coil spacers and springs on. Also there is a leak in my tailpipe that I gotta see what I am going to do about.
My Progress Page
Unread 05-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #73
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

First Topless day of the year! Finally!!! Later on this evening plan on re-doing the flares on it. Their already sanded down just need to be cleaned up (rubbing alcohol) and then sprayed.

My Progress Page
Unread 05-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #74
blah402
2006 LJ Wrangler 

How's the 4x4 spots in Fredericton area?
White Jeep member #104

Steve Zissou, "This is an adventure"
blah402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #75
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah402 View Post
How's the 4x4 spots in Fredericton area?
Meh their alright, most are like back of the woods dumps TBH. Nothing spectacular to take pictures of or post like some I've seen on here that's for sure. I am sure if I drove out some ways I could find some decent stuff but no one really around to go with.

Perhaps if I ever get that winch I would feel safer hitting them up by myself more lol.
My Progress Page

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.