My Jeep Progress Page - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Jeep Progress Page

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #46
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

looks great.

you should black out your whole front grill. idk but I love the way white tj's/jk's look with it done.

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #47
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
looks great.

you should black out your whole front grill. idk but I love the way white tj's/jk's look with it done.
You mean the whole grill? Or get those black inserts?

I dont really know how it would look all black lol, happen to have pictures?
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #48
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a video of the harness i modified to make it work for the hardtop that i acquired about a month ago. Ill post some more pics of the actual harness and what not later this weekend.

--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
Unread 07-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #49
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well the wiring harness has all been installed and I tied it into my stock wiring so now I even get illumination on the switch when I turn on the actual lights at night

Took my a little while running the wire inside the jeep since I wanted to make it look clean and stock as possible. I did however mount the relay in the engine bay on the side I velclored it which I'll get pics of to show where exactly I mounted it.

One issue I'm not sure is that the relay I got well its open on the bottom like every relay so now I dont know how I'll close it off to prevent water or other stuff getting in there? Maybe some of you guys have ideas!

I'm gonna leave the defrost out for now and maybe do that at another time for a project, I left a wire going to the back for it there so its there I would just need to wire up a switch (which i also have).

There is a few pictures below, ill get some more of the actual relay mount as well I placed that black grommet (stuff that fog light wires are concealed with) looking stuff over the wires in the engine compartment as it started to look like a rainbow in there with all kinds of wires.

My Progress Page
Unread 02-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #50
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well it's been a while since I posted here but the Jeep is currently still in winter storage for another month and a half at least. I was cleaning out my albums and came across some more pictures of the stuff so I figured I would just put it.

Here is a shot from the rocker guards.

After a few hours of trying to get the nutserts to work and finally installing them

My Progress Page
Unread 04-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #51
TheDirtyGeneral

what did you do for the wiring harness? Did you make your own, or did you modify an 03-06 one to work with you 97? And, where did you buy it?
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #52
foundingfathers

nice build
foundingfathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #53
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPowellJeep
what did you do for the wiring harness? Did you make your own, or did you modify an 03-06 one to work with you 97? And, where did you buy it?
I ended up getting the harness from a 98 Tj, and the connector came from a 03 dodge caravan (hard top was from a 06) power seat plug.

Basically I just did my own wiring instead of splicing into the existing wires, ended up using the wires from the harness and because they were the perfect length. Had a relay in there and found a stock wiper switch. I never put in the washing capability or the defrost just the wiper run. Wiper runs and once turned off returns back to the starting position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundingfathers
nice build
Thank you. a lot of guys on here do some intense modifications and this sure isnt like one of those so it doesn't draw as much attention but it's always nice to get a compliment

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
My Progress Page
Unread 05-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #54
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So I haven't done a whole lot to the jeep but I did end up getting shocks/springs from a 06 rubicon so hopefully within the next few weeks swap in those with a 1" coil spacer also all around. The springs are 129AB and 106AA, hopefully make a difference with the 208,xxx km that are currently on mine.

Here is a picture of the gear, still waiting on the coils spacers to come in. I am a bit worried about the rear shocks with some of the reading I have been doing and how stupid they are engineering at the top..

Also this past weekend I took my light bar and modified it in order to fit winch on the stock bumper when the time comes. Ended re-fabing it, cant take pictures as it has been pouring for the past few days but hopefully I'll get out here in the next couple of days and take some pics. Raised the bar about 4-3/4" or so.

Here is a current picture of the jeep I took while at work the other day as it was parked

My Progress Page
Unread 05-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #55
Djay101
1998 TJ Wrangler 

you would have to reinforce the bumper if your installing a winch...
Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #56
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay101
you would have to reinforce the bumper if your installing a winch...
My understanding was that a winch can be mounted on the stock bumper without issues as long as a winch mounting plate is used.

My Progress Page
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #57
Djay101
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thats the reinforcement i was meaning... plate mounts on the 4 main torq bolts
Unread 05-11-2011, 05:52 AM   #58
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay101 View Post
thats the reinforcement i was meaning... plate mounts on the 4 main torq bolts
Ah cool yah man, I figured so after I replied
My Progress Page
Unread 05-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #59
Djay101
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i just upgraded my bumpers on my jeep. got the warn rock crawler bumpers with the rear tire carrier. no winch on the jeep yet though
Unread 05-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #60
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay101 View Post
i just upgraded my bumpers on my jeep. got the warn rock crawler bumpers with the rear tire carrier. no winch on the jeep yet though
That's a solid bumper! I was thinking about it but I really like the stock appearance just because of how people say "Man that's a stock jeep! And look what it does/can do".

I will bump up to 31" tires down the road tho. These Yokohamas are quite rough on the road actually.
My Progress Page

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.