My Jeep Progress Page - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Jeep Progress Page

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #31
Guitar
1984 CJ7 

The new seats look a lot better. How much did you get them for?

Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #32
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asjeep View Post
question, did you lose your fold and tumble capability on the seats?
Argh should of taken a picture of that. But no not entirely.

I can tumble the seat still as im using my old brackets underneath. But the seat cant quite fold as far into the dash as before. I can make it pull up in the 90 degree position and then tumble it. Enough room for people to get through a bit tighter but not bad.

Im thinking there must be a limiter somewheres in the seat that limits it to going any further, maybe if i figure this out i could make the seat fold more.
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #33
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar View Post
The new seats look a lot better. How much did you get them for?
Paid 25$/piece. So 50$ CDN total
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
Unread 05-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #34
Guitar
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esad_b View Post
Paid 25$/piece. So 50$ CDN total
Wow, nice price. They cleaned up well too.
Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #35
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

here some more pics that i took with my digi cam .

My Progress Page
Unread 06-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #36
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well i just did my first long trip with the seats ~600km round trip. I must say Night and Day difference between comfort and quality of these seats compared to the stock TJ seats. I did this trip before and usually id get uncomfortable and what not, but this time not at all.

Would recommend to anyone wanting new seats!
My Progress Page
Unread 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #37
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well installed some Hella lights on a light bar on my front bumper! And then i realized how dirty my hood was and figured id clean that also so here is some pics of that! Also with this mod i gained ~2 MPG

And this is the Switch i also installed

My Progress Page
Unread 06-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #38
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Today i sprayed some Undercoat on it make it look all black underneath and i cleaned my hood

Looks beautiful doesnt it?
Before --------------------------->After

Also ended up removing the battery tray and cleaning& painting that also...

And coming to an end..

And now the big question is.. with Stone Guards or without?

My Progress Page
Unread 06-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #39
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just picked up a hardtop for my TJ from a 06, got WICKED deal on it All that pressure ive read on here from a 06 (no vents) fitting a 97 TJ and windows blowing out no issues here at all, slight whistling sound at a high speed with blower on but nothing to worry about.. it is a Jeep.

Needed a little cleaning but looks solid. Now i gotta figure out what to do for a wiring harness or not quite sure if ill even hook one up, my jeep doesnt have the factory wiring at all it came with just a soft top option.

Let me know what you guys think!

My Progress Page
Unread 06-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #40
scotiez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That looks sweet, Kinda looks like mine now. Your gona love the hard top for winter. I don't think you would have a problem blown out the windows. Jeeps aren't very air tight. Atleast mine isn't. If you do you can always leave the window cracked open just a hair.

White Jeep Club :member#300
scotiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #41
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

looks awsome love the SE wranglers keep it up
Unread 06-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #42
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiez View Post
That looks sweet, Kinda looks like mine now. Your gona love the hard top for winter. I don't think you would have a problem blown out the windows. Jeeps aren't very air tight. Atleast mine isn't. If you do you can always leave the window cracked open just a hair.
Oh yah i wasnt too worried about windows blowing LOL! But for the price I paid I couldnt have said no to this top.

No leaks, breaks nothing. Minor scratch on the side window cant be seen unless you come up close and actually look for it. Also had some stickers on the side windows which I removed ~5min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000BB6 View Post
looks awsome love the SE wranglers keep it up
Thanks! Hopefully a lift and 32" down the road.
My Progress Page
Unread 07-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #43
Djay101
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How you liking the tires... wait till you try them in the snow!! one thing i Noticed though that you may want to know... These tires wear down quick... Had mine on my truck for late fall winter and early spring. Summer i put old tires on to save the yokohamas... 4 years and there wore 50% with normal driving
Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #44
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay101 View Post
How you liking the tires... wait till you try them in the snow!! one thing i Noticed though that you may want to know... These tires wear down quick... Had mine on my truck for late fall winter and early spring. Summer i put old tires on to save the yokohamas... 4 years and there wore 50% with normal driving
Yah i dont drive the jeep in the winter.. So i dont know from my own experience. But from the way they ride i think it would be a death ride in -25C weather...

Their okay during the summer but they are hard on the road you can feel them. When its really hot its not so bad as they get hot and soften up a bit.

But yah they do wear quite quickly, ive had them now for the 4th summer and their getting worn down..
My Progress Page
Unread 07-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #45
Djay101
1998 TJ Wrangler 

there ok in the -25 to -40 not a problem they have the gripping traction in the slush and send roosters up at everyone out behind... Im hoping to get either rebuild a frame and put it on the truck or get another vehicle before winter... my truck has a weak frame and been looking for a newer but same truck... as ive got lots of parts!!

my 1998 tj is great also but hoping not to drive it in the salt covered slush!!!
Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.