My Jeep Progress Page - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Jeep Progress Page

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #16
scotiez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good. Are they aftermarket or for the Rubicon?

White Jeep Club :member#300
scotiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #17
boejangle
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good. I can't wait until I have the money to start work on my tj.
boejangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #18
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiez View Post
Looks good. Are they aftermarket or for the Rubicon?
Their rubicon ones, i couldnt get myself to spend the 300$ + for AtoZ or other ones. And i got a really good deal on these rockers from another member on this forum, and i dont do any hardcore wheeling either so they suite me perfect
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #19
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got some stock flex???

--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
Unread 08-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #20
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Random picture after a wash:

So i decided to go paint my flares again as they were chipping and here is how they turned out.

Masking procedure:

Final look

My Progress Page
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:30 AM   #21
BulldogTJ98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man! I like this build thread keep it up! Its amazing how such little things can transform your jeeps looks and performance. Only one i disagree with you on though... FULL DOORS? Haha, just kidding. Anyways, one thing I did with mine, until i get my new bumper in the mail, is I took off the end caps off the front bumper. I think it looks way better without them. Once again, thats just my opinion. Keep up the updates! Nice Jeep!

[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Orange"]'98 TJ 4.0L, AX-15 5spd, NP231, RE 4.5 rear, 3"&.75" BB front, JKS discos, 33x12.50 KM2s on Rock Crawlers, 3.73s, Dana30 front, Dana 44 rear, JB Conversions SS SYE, JKS HD Tierod, Warn 8274 Winch, Front Stinger and Rear stinger w/ tire carrier, Rokmen Corners, Aluminum Radiator, LED tailights, Rock Lights, KCs, K&N airfilter, Optima Redtop, Cobra CB and a Sony soundbar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
BulldogTJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #22
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogTJ98 View Post
Hey man! I like this build thread keep it up! Its amazing how such little things can transform your jeeps looks and performance. Only one i disagree with you on though... FULL DOORS? Haha, just kidding. Anyways, one thing I did with mine, until i get my new bumper in the mail, is I took off the end caps off the front bumper. I think it looks way better without them. Once again, thats just my opinion. Keep up the updates! Nice Jeep!
Haha funny you mention the milk jugs, because i just thought about it myself and i cant get myself to decide because the screws are just spinning inside so if i take them off no more milk jugs even if i dont like the look without them. But i still think im going to take them off today/tomorrow and never look back

Haha i was looking high and low for full doors to trade for my halfs, i just didnt like the unzip windows and it was either fully closed or fully open. And i came across a guy from a city about 2hours away traded him and only bad part about the door is the ding on the passenger side when he dropped the door while taking it off. I tried flattening it out but it was hard because of the location. But i might take a look at that again and try to fix it better
My Progress Page
Unread 08-21-2008, 05:43 AM   #23
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got a new spare from a fellow member on these forums here for free, it was the exact size and type of tire i wanted!

And i also removed the milkjugs to see what the jeep looks without them, well it doesnt look that good i found out dont know. The empty space just doesnt seem to look right i dont know if its only because their 30" tires but it just looks wrong with the milk jugs off i find.
My Progress Page
Unread 08-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #24
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks Great ! Tires really make a difference in looks an performance a win win. I just painted my flares just like you did makes them look like new
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #25
kumaa

What did you use to paint the flares? How is the paint holding up? I just bought an White 05 and the flares are so faded was thinking of replacing them. Never even thought of the paint idea.

BTW nice work, you have given me some good ideas. Everything you have done looks awesome.
kumaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #26
HikerX
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esad_b View Post

And i also removed the milkjugs to see what the jeep looks without them, well it doesnt look that good i found out dont know. The empty space just doesnt seem to look right i dont know if its only because their 30" tires but it just looks wrong with the milk jugs off i find.
You might give it some time with them off. I'm a little old school (had a CJ long before my TJ) and the endcaps on the TJ just never looked right. With them off, the TJ reminded me a little more of the ruggedness the CJ used to exude. There are days I sure miss that TJ...

Either way, nice job with the TJ!
'04 TJ
'86 CJ7
HikerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #27
robo3
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice ! but how about take off the front juggys and leave the rear ones on thats how i ran for a year
robo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #28
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaa View Post
What did you use to paint the flares? How is the paint holding up? I just bought an White 05 and the flares are so faded was thinking of replacing them. Never even thought of the paint idea.

BTW nice work, you have given me some good ideas. Everything you have done looks awesome.
Thanks for the compliments all!

I used krylon fusion for plastics (satin black) to paint the flares, i used about 1 can and went over each flare twice. And all i did before that was just clean them off with a rag and some water. And their holding up excellent for 6$ paint can it looks amazing sure beats the price of buying new flares
My Progress Page
Unread 05-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #29
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well its been a while since I posted some progress on my Jeep but I havnt done much new stuff except some of the mechanical need-to-do things.

Today tho I did get a hold of a set of seats out of a '00 WJ and installed them in my TJ due to the fact my drivers side seat was completely destroyed as shown in the PIC.

The driver side seat did have power controls but due to the bracket differences I couldnt utilize them, but either way I still think the seats are a major improvement and look wicked.

So here are some screenshots below. Btw those things on the seats that look like marks and stuff are just as they were still a bit wet from the cleaning.

My old seat..

New seats.. nothing a little elbow grease cant take care of

Comparison picture..

Both seats in..

My Progress Page
Unread 05-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #30
asjeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

question, did you lose your fold and tumble capability on the seats?

WWW.IDRIVEAJEEP.COM
asjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.