My Jeep Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Jeep Build

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 06-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #16
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm on a tight budget and I could look up shocks for the JK at my work and put them on my tab. That way I get them all at once and only pay twenty bucks a week for them instead of dropping a hundred right away when I'm trying to get the springs/coils too.

Unread 06-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #17
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Any Input on leaf springs? Should I get 2 inch heavy or 2.5 mediums?
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #18
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well Ordering coils soon, and then OME HD leaves in a couple weeks. Meanwhile fixing up the "little things" with the jeep.
Drivers side floor pans look pretty good

BUT

I will be riveting sheetmetal down this weekend and bedlining the interior. Will post pics after I finish. I'm leaving the carpets out and I have some nice cover all floormats to go down.
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #19
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

HOLY CRAP
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #20
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yep.

It's going to be quite the project. ALOT of cutting the biggest PITA will be the seat mount how it doesnt sit flush with the floor and that is quite rusted. I'm going to run sheet metal underneath that and then clean that up as much as possible and if I have to cut rust out of it and strengthen it. Can't wait to get it done although its pretty funny driving around with one seat.
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #21
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Pic of how its been looking lately
Unread 06-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #22
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cleaned up the floor boards a little bit more and ran around getting stuff to get this done on sunday. Sawzall blades, rivets, and a couple 12x24 inch 16ga sheet metal pieces,and some self-etching primer.

What should I use for a liner on the inside? I used 3M rubberized undercoating on the outside and was thinking of using it again. Although I might try Duplicolor bedliner because we have it at my work any input on that stuff?
Unread 06-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #23
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsge0ff View Post
Cleaned up the floor boards a little bit more and ran around getting stuff to get this done on sunday. Sawzall blades, rivets, and a couple 12x24 inch 16ga sheet metal pieces,and some self-etching primer.

What should I use for a liner on the inside? I used 3M rubberized undercoating on the outside and was thinking of using it again. Although I might try Duplicolor bedliner because we have it at my work any input on that stuff?

look up raptor liner, I have heard lots of good things about it. Its about $100 at the places that sell it and it comes with the gun to spray it on.
Unread 06-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #24
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hmm I might look into that I just dropped alot on sheetmetal to get my floors done tomorrow so I might not have enough I might use the 3M stuff for now. Thank you for the input though you seem to be the only one paying attention to my build.

Scored a brand new BFG on a rim for 40 bucks. Got a spare now! With a fresh coat of paint on the rim:
Unread 06-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #25
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well my co-worker and I fixed the floors in my jeep today. Big thanks to him I couldn't have done half as good a job without him. Pics of it all cut out and primered. I used Rustoleum Primer for Heavy Rust.

And all sealed up and riveted down.

It was kind of a ***** with that beam for the seat mounts. we had to slide a piece underneath it. I'm going to use some foam in a can to seal up under that really good. If you look at that you can see the plug that's probably for power seats which I don't have so it would be real easy to hook them up.

From here I gotta bedline the floors and tackle the other side. There is only a quarter sized hole in the other side thank god. I'm glad I don't have to do this ever again haha.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.