My Jeep Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Jeep Build

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My Jeep Build

My jeep is finally looking how I want it. Here are some pics through out the way.

I got some Hella 500's for the front bumper and upgraded to Sylvania Silverstars. Tinted the front turn signals.

Added an Autozone neon light but I like it at night its very easy to see inside the jeep. Goes with the green dash lights too. Pointless but I like it. Those are also the switches for my Hella500's and 100w reverse lights.

I peeled off the faded side moldings as well.

I bought some Thule roof racks for 50 bucks of a NAXJA forum member and stuck some 100 watt lights underneath. Tinted taillights too.

Once I started modding I got hooked and just wanted to customize as much as possible, I thought new rims and tires would be the best thing to do. Looking back now I wish I had lifted before I dropped the money on 30 inch tires because once I did lift I just wanted to get bigger tires. But we all make mistakes right? Cragar Soft 8's(4 inch BS) and 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2's.
I painted the center caps black around the Cragar logo.

Then I through in a 2.5 inch lift. I used two spacers for the front, a 2 inch and a 3/4 inch. I know people will argue on saftey here but I never rock crawl or unseat my coils and Havent run into problems two years later. For the back I used RE 1.5 shackles and helper springs that clipped on underneath to get 2.5 in the back.

Last edited by itsge0ff; 06-06-2009 at 04:22 PM..
itsge0ff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got a dremel and started putting it to work. Cut and folded the rear and cut the hinges on the front doors. Oh yeah used some spray on undercoating on the lower doors

I didn't get any pics of the front trimmed with the 30's but I do have some pics with the 31x10.50 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's I just picked up. These are really aggressive for an All-Terrain Tire. They are just as quiet as the General's but so much more aggressive.

Unread 04-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 04-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good bro. I love this part of the forum. Its awesome to see Jeeps as people put time and money into them and see how good they come out.

Its comin along nicely. Like those tires too. Oh an that trim job looks goood. How long did it take with a dremel? I have a cordless one and it seems like itd take forever.
keaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I'm not sure how good that would work with the cordless haha. Power wise and how long the battery would last. It took maybe took an hour or so? I liked how easy and accurate it was with the dremel. I used the 1-inch diameter HD cutting disks.

Yeah I like seeing how people choose to build their jeeps differently. Thanks for the comment dude
Unread 04-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
LazersGoPEWPEW
2001 XJ Cherokee 

How do those Duratracs ride on the highway? Smooth???? I've been looking at those as a future purchase.
LazersGoPEWPEW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I plan on adding OME 2-inch leaf packs and 2 inch coils and ditching the .75 spacers for a good 3.5 all around eventually. This won't be for a while though. In the mean time I need to get some recovery, maybe some heavier-duty front end stuff. I was thinking an Adjustable Trac-bar and some fixed Rubicon Express superflex LCA's

Anyone think of better ways to spend money on this thing?
Unread 04-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazersGoPEWPEW View Post
How do those Duratracs ride on the highway? Smooth???? I've been looking at those as a future purchase.
They definitely ride very nice on the highway and street. I love how they look too alot of room to clean mud out. I just hope that tread life isn't an issue.
Unread 04-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsge0ff View Post
Yeah I'm not sure how good that would work with the cordless haha. Power wise and how long the battery would last. It took maybe took an hour or so? I liked how easy and accurate it was with the dremel. I used the 1-inch diameter HD cutting disks.

Yeah I like seeing how people choose to build their jeeps differently. Thanks for the comment dude
Thats what i was thinking too lol. How much was the dremel you have? Im thinkin about just ordering this cause its cheap and corded.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94076
Unread 04-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I bought mine at a local hardware store for about $70. It's nice has a bunch of speeds and got the job done. That is crazy if that dremel and all that **** is only ten bucks. That's nice knowing if its money wasted atleast it wasn't alot.
Unread 04-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsge0ff View Post
I bought mine at a local hardware store for about $70. It's nice has a bunch of speeds and got the job done. That is crazy if that dremel and all that **** is only ten bucks. That's nice knowing if its money wasted atleast it wasn't alot.
Yeah but yours is probably quality and built well. Some Harbor Freight products arent the best quality lol.
Unread 06-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

SO

I'm looking to get new coils and leafs.I'm undecided on what to do with the leaves that I have they are way to worn down to do a bastard pack. I was thinking of getting the OME 2.5 medium leaf packs or the 2 inch HD. Any input on either leaf?! I have the RE 1.5 inch boomerang shackles out back already. So with the 1.5 inch shackle which spring would ride better? I will "technically" be sitting at 3.75 in the front. with these springs I will either be at "technically" 3.5 or 4 in the back if that will influence anything.

I'm going to get the 3 inch rusty's coils. I have both a .75 coil spacer and a 1.75 coil spacer. I'm just going to run the 3 inch coils with the .75 inch spacer. At just under four inches of lift I am hoping not to need a SYE. Would I have to upgrade my Trackbar? And I would like to get the RE superflex Fixed LCA's eventually.

What size for shocks should I get for a 3.5~4? I work for a part store and can get parts cheap so If anyone has part numbers for shocks for my lift that would rule. I heard JK shocks would work?

HELP ME OUT PLEASE!
Unread 06-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Now that you have had the duratracs how you you like them?

And jk shocks are good for 3" lifts.
01ClassicXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #14
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I like them alot very quiet on the road, clean out good and they look bad ***. The coolest part is the sidebiter/lugs on the top of the sidewalls.

I'm going to be closer to 4 so I wasn't sure if that would be pushing it. Any kind of JK or a Rubicon? Thanks for the reply.
Unread 06-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #15
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

People use both x and rubicon shocks but i would assume that the rubi shocks would be best for offroad and daily driven. If you need shocks rustys sell some cheap shocks i think there like 34.00 a shock.
01ClassicXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.