My Highschool TJ build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Highschool TJ build

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #31
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Gears as of now are 3.73, I will be going to 4.88 in the near future. Brakes will be upgraded to black magic with centric premium rotors. Steering is going to be currie HD steering (forgot the actual name, I'm tired).

Unread 10-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #32
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yea gearing is gonna be a must with 35s. But sounds cool. I'm also in high school, got a 97 tj on 33s nothing special yet, but I'm also on a budget with no job lol
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #33
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Got 3 more MTR/Kevlars ordered. I'm going to try and sell my 2 KM because they are in almost perfect shape.
Unread 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Did a few more mods for the 35s. Moved the spare inside the tub, takes up the entire damn tub. Making a cargo carrier will fix that soon.

Went from this:

To this:

I drilled the holes right through the tub support, and put an extra support on the bottom so it can handel the eighty pound tire.

Normally I would come up with an excuse as to why I'm using a piece of angle iron and not a flat piece, but its just because I was doing this for free and didnt feel like splitting it down the middle with the cutting torch. The hardware I used is leftover from my metalcloak bumper, I have a bag of it laying around. Right now I'm paying my dad back for the 3 other tires, Total on them was $780. I'm splitting my paychecks 50/50 to pay him back. Build will greatly slow for now, next up is a RC 2.5 inch lift when the funds are in place.
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #35
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Holding off on regearing until I get my Dana 60's, decided its not going to be worth it to put $600 into the axles that only one is worth anything. Oh yeah, I'm gonna go with Dana 60s front and rear 4.88 gears and ARB lockers front and rear. This Jeep thing is really starting to hurt...my wallet.
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #36
Moto4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
Holding off on regearing until I get my Dana 60's, decided its not going to be worth it to put $600 into the axles that only one is worth anything. Oh yeah, I'm gonna go with Dana 60s front and rear 4.88 gears and ARB lockers front and rear. This Jeep thing is really starting to hurt...my wallet.
3.73 isnt THAT terrible with 35s, certainly bearable. One thing to look into for your lift other than RC would be the BDS 2" or 3" or zone 3" since they are all priced pretty well and are just flat out awesome. Flex great, ride even better. Also OME, but that is a little more pricey but if you have the funds to swing one of those, i certainly would!

Oh and remember you have to buy the compressor and everything to set it up with the lockers and not to mention the really expensive install of the ARB from the reputable shop you will be having them installed at since they are so hard (or so i was told many times) and delicate to install right. So it stretches farther than you think, i only did an ARB in the back and i was surprised at how much more i spent than i really thought. Just a damn spare hose and splicing bit in case i snap an airline was 30 bucks! I personally think thats a lot for a 5 foot tube and a piece of metal/poly or whatever the material is
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #37
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
Your current drive train is a pretty good situation currently. You can get auto lockers fairly inexpensively, around $300 and it's certainly cheaper to see how things work the way they are before you rip them out and change everything.

I think you would benefit more from rocker, gas tank and engine skids, lockers, steering upgrades, brake lines, and a slip yoke eliminator than pouring a couple g's into one tons.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #38
BEAST
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Man i had a jeep just like that before the upgrades ended up going to 33's just about to get into big mods. than i went to college sold the jeep got married and bought a truck (this has all happened in the last year). now im trying to sell the truck to get another jeep. selling my jeep was the worst mistake i have made i regret it every day trust me when you go to college keep the jeep and take the money and build on it or buy a cheap DD so you can go all out on the jeep. just my 2 cents.

here was my jeep just before i sold it

33's on only a 1.25 body lift man i miss that jeep

good luck on your build im defiantly following it.
Unread 10-19-2011, 05:20 AM   #39
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
Your current drive train is a pretty good situation currently. You can get auto lockers fairly inexpensively, around $300 and it's certainly cheaper to see how things work the way they are before you rip them out and change everything.

I think you would benefit more from rocker, gas tank and engine skids, lockers, steering upgrades, brake lines, and a slip yoke eliminator than pouring a couple g's into one tons.
I'm not getting the 60s for another six or seven months. More armour is high on my list right now. I will most likely get it come christmass.
Unread 10-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #40
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well, I've got the Jeep on jackstands waiting for my new tires to show up. I've also got a windbreaker coming in tomorrow becuse my POS soft top broke and I had to order a new one. I also rewired my garage door opener to a momentary switch so I dont have to unlock the center console every time I need to open the garage.
Unread 10-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #41
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well, I switched over to KM2s because nobody has the MTRs for about two months. Lets see if they perform as good as my KMs did.
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #42
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ok, I got my 35s today.

I'm actually happy that I had to settle on the KM2s. I wasnt really sure if I would like the look of them, but I love them.

Unread 10-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #43
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to be lurking craigslist for my new axles. Dana 60 rear and HP Dana 60 front.
Unread 11-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #44
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Got a few emails out about some 14-bolt full-floaters around here. Only time will tell if I can get one that isnt FUBAR. Front axle will be a different story, HP Dana 60s are a little hard to find around here.
Unread 11-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #45
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good... How do you like that bumper? I just got a smitty one over the summer for bday. But i keep drooling over the MC's

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.