My Highschool TJ build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Highschool TJ build

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

My Highschool TJ build

My dad and I got my jeep as my first car in March of 11' its a 2000 TJ with a 4.0L I6, Dana 44 in the rear and a Dana 30 in the front. We bought it for $7800 from a guy that claimed that he never took it offroad. some of the mods that have been done to it (previous owner) are Rancho RS5000's, BFG Mud terrains(32's) and a grille guard. I'm going to be doing the build on a highschooler's budget...but as of now I'm searching for a job. Mods that I have planned are: Smittybilt XRC front bumper, XRC8 winch, Safari Roof Rack, 2.5 inch lift(Skyjacker), and Tuffy overhead console. I'm sure other things will pop up eventually but thats what I have planned for now.

My future plans for my rig, 'Sarah' I've dubbed it, are really up in the air right now. As of now I'm thing that once I'm done with basic and tech school in the Air Force I'll kick the build into high gear. HP Dana 60 up front with hydro assist, 3-link, ORIs, ARB. 14-Bolt rear with double-triangulated 4 link, shaved, ARB, and ORIs. I'm thinking that the wheels will be raceline bead-locks, on 40 or 42 inch MTRs. 5.7 hemi to an auto tranny (undecided yet) and an Atlas 2 custom driveshafts. Armour all around, keep it pleasant on the eyes also, new color maybe I'm feeling Royal blue maybe nice I'm also going to have a rather good sound system in it, for hells sake. Things in red are things that I've done away with.

That's my dad in the background of the second one.

Newest pic worth putting up here. RTI ramp at the local offroad shop.

Last edited by dwbrown; 06-02-2012 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Added information and stuff
dwbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
nofearsuzki199
2000 TJ Wrangler 

kinda like my build man.. i went 4" i would check out ome old man emu for a 2.5 or re they have great lifts and worth the little extra! congrats on the jeep it's a great community!
nofearsuzki199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
KylesTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i like your plans... i hope they fall into place like you want them to
Unread 05-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

I had saved up some money for the jeep to do mods, but a good bit of it went to fixing things, for one the water pump went bad, and the brakes were almost gone. Some of the things done before I started the thread: Hella 500 driving lights, 42 inch High-Lift, new radio, painted the fenders with spray on bedliner, did the 4x4 explorer sway-bar disco, and rewired the interior lights to be controlled by a switch.

The lock is on the jack because I drive it to school and I dont trust anyone at my school.

This pic is from some friends and I went to the beach.

Last edited by dwbrown; 05-21-2011 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: extra info
Unread 05-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You did good finding one with a 44.Looks nice.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

I feel an update is in order. I got a job at McAlisters Deli about a month ago. Relocated my Hella 500's to the windsheild to free up room for the winch. Installed Gen Right hood louvers because the heat soak was getting annoying as hell. Winch is getting ordered with the next paycheck. Need new front tires (going bald) but cant find KM's all they have now are KM2's, they don't even look alike so I'm debating whether to just replace the fronts and have mismatched tires or just replace all 4. Oh, and I got bored one day and cut off about 6" on each side of the front bumper, Looks good IMO.

Pics: I dont have many good pics right now. Tomorrow I'll try and snap a few better ones.

you can kinda see the louvers in this pic

Last edited by dwbrown; 07-10-2011 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: stupid slow internet
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Another update:
Got my winch ordered and installed a few weeks ago. Now its time to save for currie drive shaft and tail shaft conversion, then zone 4" lift, and finally 33x10.5 KM2's on cragar soft eight's.

Pics:
Got the bumper taken off and cleaned up a few rust spots.

I was sure to take many pictures incase the winch came beat to ****, heres one:

Winch installed:

Had to get at least one funny/******bag sticker:

Next update will come when I am installing the lift, sye and new DS.
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ordered $400 worth of metalcloak goodness. I'm going with metalcloak overline fenders instead of lift and 33's eventually.
Unread 09-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Got my bumper in on Friday. UPS came way earlier than usual, so I went and picked it at the local UPS place. Bumper instal was fairly easy, I almost went insaine with the amount of bolts needed to hold the winch guard. Only thing is I cant squeeze my stock swaybar on without having to take everything off. It looks like I'm gonna go with Anti-Rock because I'm gonna go to one eventually, why not now?

Pics:

Hmmm, I guess next update will be the antirock or Metalcloak fenders. Only time will tell.
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
jeepkid93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im a senior in high school with a 97 sahara. Its looking good man
jeepkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #11
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

So damn fed up with my half doors and soft uppers. I'm going to try and locate some full hard doors and get them painted to match. Also, Been reading through Hendrix's build (****ing awesome Jeep ) and got some inspiration. Stretch, Triangulated rear 4 link, truss on my 44, another 44 upfront (not sure on front suspension) 4.88 gears (quoted 1300 at a local shop), comp cut. And if my master plan comes into play coilovers, Dana 60's (or JK 44s), 6.1 Hemi, Auto tranny, atlas, and 40's. But, the Master Plan is still about eh, 12 months away.
Unread 09-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
cwsluggers1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown
So damn fed up with my half doors and soft uppers. I'm going to try and locate some full hard doors and get them painted to match. Also, Been reading through Hendrix's build (****ing awesome Jeep ) and got some inspiration. Stretch, Triangulated rear 4 link, truss on my 44, another 44 upfront (not sure on front suspension) 4.88 gears (quoted 1300 at a local shop), comp cut. And if my master plan comes into play coilovers, Dana 60's, 6.1 Hemi, Auto tranny, atlas, and 40's. But, the Master Plan is still about eh, 12 months away.
12 months?! You must be bankin!!!
cwsluggers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #13
cwsluggers1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown

Well, in 12 months it may fall into place. I will have about 13k in my hands.
Those are some nice funds
cwsluggers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #14
TheBucks
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It'd be burning a hole in my pocket !
TheBucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Instead of Metalcloak overlines, I'm going with MCE Flattie fenders. Pics will be posted when they come in.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.