My high school TJ build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My high school TJ build

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #16
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

yup didn't get to you intime. but i had the same problem because PO to my jeep cut my vacuum lines, why idk!

looks good so far, but i hate the 4 cyl and auto tranny for ya. and finding a bolt in axle is going to be pricey man

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #17
karlo

Sweet ride. Looks like you really enjoy driving your TJ.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #18
Mikez
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have had a great time with me jeep

For the axil it looks like it's going to be about 2000 for. Rubi axil with the air locker and 4:88's so it's going to me a while before I can start looking to do that...

On the bright side I'm getting Bfg km2's for Christmas!!!! I found out because my parents wanted my employ discount lol but did save a few hundred. I got the 32x11.50r15 I figured I'll have *some power un till I can regear and after I regear i will be able to run them.

So today I got my tires off the rims
Tomorrow I plan on painting my rims black . Hopefully it looks better then the slight rust/ chipping chrome

I also found my passenger caliper was missing a bolt! So the pad is wearing funny so I need to re-do the front breaks
Mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:02 AM   #19
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Its cool you got this jeep, I was going to buy it but i just bought my project so you lucked out! if i had the room id have it
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #20
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

why are people so into the tj rubi axles? there not even that great, they have the smallest size tubing... why don't you just get a 8.8? its way cheaper and is stronger

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
Unread 12-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #21
Mikez
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Man I did luck out! I saw your yellow Tj build its sick! You drove out near my house to pick it up and I drove out by your house to pick mine up its pretty funny

....but for the axil I was just going to keep it simple, bolt in bla bla bla. I know an 8.8 would be cheaper but I don't have a welder or know how to weld

Maybe it's time for me to learn?
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #22
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

Coming from a fellw High Schoole Jeeper (junior), great looking Jeep man! I wish I lived in Cali so I could wheel some of those trails. How much total lift is on it and what sized tires are they?
Unread 12-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #23
Dluenz
1993 YJ Wrangler 

where did you get the sweet stickers? the two up front are great!
Dluenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #24
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikez View Post
Man I did luck out! I saw your yellow Tj build its sick! You drove out near my house to pick it up and I drove out by your house to pick mine up its pretty funny

....but for the axil I was just going to keep it simple, bolt in bla bla bla. I know an 8.8 would be cheaper but I don't have a welder or know how to weld

Maybe it's time for me to learn?
definitely time to learn. welding is just part of owning a jeep. and there has got to be a local 4x4 shop that will fab it up for you for less than that.

Unread 12-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #25
Mikez
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Finally off work...

The lift is a 4 inch from supperlift and that's all the lift I have on it

And the stickers came with the jeep but there great! It's the only one of the 100 stickers I kept on ;p

I thank I'm going to find some welding classes this summer at a college or jc just for the fun of it and to gain so hands on knowledge

Today I cleaned my rims scuffed them up and primed them them put 5 layers of mat black paint. Is that enough coats?

Tomorrow or the next day I plan on getting 6-7 clear coats on there. I hope it's enough..
Unread 12-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #26
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikez View Post
Finally off work...

The lift is a 4 inch from supperlift and that's all the lift I have on it

And the stickers came with the jeep but there great! It's the only one of the 100 stickers I kept on ;p

I thank I'm going to find some welding classes this summer at a college or jc just for the fun of it and to gain so hands on knowledge

Today I cleaned my rims scuffed them up and primed them them put 5 layers of mat black paint. Is that enough coats?

Tomorrow or the next day I plan on getting 6-7 clear coats on there. I hope it's enough..
thats enough just be sure to clean off the black surface first, and be careful spraying clear coat on, its not easy. then wet sand it smooth!

Unread 12-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #27
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

I think they would look good flat black! I love flat black rims
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
Mikez
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cool cool I hope I hope it doesn't get too cold tonight so I can clear coat them so I can them mounted in time for my trip the 27-28

I get off school at 11 and have to be at work at 1130 then work untill 11 then I have till 5am to paint then before I have to take my cuzin to the airport then work again till 11 so it's going to be a crazy few days but hopefully with enough chick Flet and monster I can get it pulled off!
Unread 12-23-2011, 06:56 AM   #29
Mikez
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So long night last night, I got the rims finished!
But I did find a broken caliper bolt and tried getting it out. It's broken rite at the threads though and was in successful. I tried torching the outside of the bolt, freezing the bolt it's self, drilled a hole threw the bolt and tried screwing a screw threw the back to spin it out and spun out all the threads, then got some easy outs and finally got a good grip... Then it broke off in there lastly I put an easy out on the bottom of the bolt and tried pulling it threw... It broke another one. So that's what I have tried does anyone have better ideas
Unread 12-24-2011, 12:13 AM   #30
Mikez
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got the tires mounted today! Will post pics later!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.