My Heep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Heep

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-10-2003, 11:02 PM   #1
Gator

My Heep

My Heep on 36 Sx's with Skyjacker 4" Suspension, 2" Body & well as you can see, some slightly trimmed sheetmetal

Gator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2003, 10:19 AM   #2
Ed Croft

Now that looks liek a fun ride....bet they don't park next to you in the supermarket parking lots either.
Ed Croft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
Gator

it was alright until i installed the Atlas 3.8 Tcase... NOW it became fun! 4.88's, Ford 9" rear Locked front & rear, it was fun

parking lots wasnt really a problem.. had 2 incidents in parking lots, one guy thought he was gonna park CLOSE to me & save his doors since i didnt have any... i waited till he came out.. he said Nice Jeep I said Thanks, Nice Step Stool you have here, he said what, i stepped on his door handle on his truck & got in my jeep & drove off

2nd incident... you know the light poles ? yep, i got tired of everyone hugging up on me in the parking lots, so i started parking on the poles, driving the left front tires UP the pole... came out on evening Policeman was standing there, he asked if this was my vehicle I said Yes sir it is... he said i should write you up, i said yes sir & if you do, your just doing your job, he said but i'm not...i'm a Jeeper to, now tell me about your suspenion & the ATLAS

I miss DRIVING it.. i havent got to drive it in almost 1.5yrs
i wished i had a couple pics of it now. LOL almost dont look the same
Unread 01-12-2003, 12:18 AM   #4
Dumb_Ass_2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Gator
.. i havent got to drive it in almost 1.5yrs
Why not?
JVC deck, Pioneer 4x6's and 6x9's, two 12" MTX subs.
Dumb_Ass_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2003, 03:02 AM   #5
Gator

Family... the way i was raised Family always came first before anything else did
I was in the process of upgrading a few things, got those done... ALMOST had the engine quirks worked out completely.
My Mom had Cancer for 2 yrs, i had just got out of the Army, & she had gotten worse... Anyways Dad took off work for almost 9 months, just to be with Mom, so i worked my butt off helping pay bills... then she passed away in May of 01...its taking me this long to get back on my feet to be able to work on it again

thats basically the story...
Unread 01-12-2003, 08:13 PM   #6
93jeepyj2.5

Why did you keep your SUA setup on your YJ?

You definatly have the "know how" and the engineering skills to have done it. Just wondering?

-Heath

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2003, 08:44 PM   #7
Gator

wasnt expecting to do anything radical. was planning on doing a Tom Woods SYE kit & be done with it, keeping everything as simple as i could.
i used it as a stepping stone, plus i could resale stuff i couldnt use anymore when i did the SOA. i had already had the Ez locker in it. so it was cheaper just to grab some 4.88's & install them myself

i done it at the time so I could still be able to wheel & gather all my other parts. My Original plan was keep the Ford 9" & swap a d44 out of a 70-72 Bronco then do the SOA & just keep the 36's , but i kept popping Tcase rear tailhousings & split the Tcase in half one trip. So in went the Atlas. Then i started doing research on axles alot, found that the D44 wasnt much of a Upgrade to the D30 in the Yj's , since it has the same Ujoint & almost the same size Shafts.

but for the most part at the time, i didnt have the eqipment i have now, to do things with & didnt have alot of understanding about how a SOA works. If i know now back then, i would have done a SOA..but that was about 2 yrs ago if not more
Unread 01-13-2003, 01:54 PM   #8
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by Gator

2nd incident... you know the light poles ? yep, i got tired of everyone hugging up on me in the parking lots, so i started parking on the poles, driving the left front tires UP the pole... came out on evening Policeman was standing there, he asked if this was my vehicle I said Yes sir it is... he said i should write you up, i said yes sir & if you do, your just doing your job, he said but i'm not...i'm a Jeeper to, now tell me about your suspenion & the ATLAS
Gotta love that kind of comment .. have you wheeled with him since .. or was it a "two ships passing in the night" situation?
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2003, 01:57 PM   #9
Gator

Quote:
Originally posted by NaeKid

Gotta love that kind of comment .. have you wheeled with him since .. or was it a "two ships passing in the night" situation?
I got to wheel with him once, good guy. He wheels with some other freinds of mine now since my rig is down, he's still a officer in town to
Unread 01-13-2003, 07:05 PM   #10
93jeepyj2.5

What kind of Jeep does he have?
When do you think Gator is gonna be back up on its feet?

-Heath

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2003, 07:10 PM   #11
Gator

his is a 93 Yj, on 33's

not sure when i'll have the Jeep back together. trying not to get in a hurry with it , plus i have alot of other things going on at the same time . So i dont get alot of time to work on it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.