My Girl... a Boston Jeep Build - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Girl... a Boston Jeep Build

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #766
2003X
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 4,657
Good write up. Go on my build and let me kno what you think of the new hi lift mounts.

2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #767
SaxManClay
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Weymouth, MA
Posts: 807
Glad I could help.
SaxManClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #768
djflyy
Wanderlust
 
djflyy's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post
Good write up. Go on my build and let me kno what you think of the new hi lift mounts.
Thanks, I'm glad to have it all back together. Now just to fix the TRE and stuff. I posted on your thread, mounts look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxManClay View Post
Glad I could help.
As always, a huge thank you for your assistance!!!!
__________________
Boston Jeep Build Thread
North Shore Jeeps Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
Cleaning this thing up is similar to a slightly abused pornstar throwing on a bunch of makeup to try to hide her eternal scars, but I think she doesn't look too bad
djflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #769
2003X
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 4,657
Would you feel comfortable enough to help me install an aussie in my d30? My worry was removing the carrier. Once the carrier is out, the aussie looks easy to install. Looks like you had no trouble with installing it.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #770
djflyy
Wanderlust
 
djflyy's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post
Would you feel comfortable enough to help me install an aussie in my d30? My worry was removing the carrier. Once the carrier is out, the aussie looks easy to install. Looks like you had no trouble with installing it.
Absolutely. Removing the carrier/diff was no problem at all, nor was the re-installation. I can't imagine an aussie is that hard to put in. When you planning on buying?
__________________
Boston Jeep Build Thread
North Shore Jeeps Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
Cleaning this thing up is similar to a slightly abused pornstar throwing on a bunch of makeup to try to hide her eternal scars, but I think she doesn't look too bad
djflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #771
2003X
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
Absolutely. Removing the carrier/diff was no problem at all, nor was the re-installation. I can't imagine an aussie is that hard to put in. When you planning on buying?
Possible after Xmas.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #772
djflyy
Wanderlust
 
djflyy's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,469
Clayton's fiancee used a picture of my TJ for a college graphic design project... came out pretty 'effin sweet if I say so myself.


__________________
Boston Jeep Build Thread
North Shore Jeeps Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
Cleaning this thing up is similar to a slightly abused pornstar throwing on a bunch of makeup to try to hide her eternal scars, but I think she doesn't look too bad
djflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #773
95riograndeman
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 360
Hey man, I know this was way back on page 4. I'm trying to get KC winshield lights and brackets. You said you folded the winshield down a little. Did you put it under the rubber seal where the winshield meets the body or did you wrap it around the outside and if you put it under the windshield, when the windshield is up it wont pinch the wires? Thanks
__________________
SOLD: 1995 Wrangler. 4" RC Lift. 32x11.50x15 BFG AT's. Smittybilt Front and Rear Bumpers.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/just-enough-now-1159417/
95riograndeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #774
SaxManClay
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Weymouth, MA
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
Clayton's fiancee used a picture of my TJ for a college graphic design project... came out pretty 'effin sweet if I say so myself.


Why wouldn't she use my Jeep?

I'm just kidding. Your Jeep is so much cooler than mine anyway. Looks great!
SaxManClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #775
djflyy
Wanderlust
 
djflyy's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95riograndeman View Post
Hey man, I know this was way back on page 4. I'm trying to get KC winshield lights and brackets. You said you folded the winshield down a little. Did you put it under the rubber seal where the winshield meets the body or did you wrap it around the outside and if you put it under the windshield, when the windshield is up it wont pinch the wires? Thanks
Hey- not a problem! Wires are run under the windshield hinge and through that rubber grommet that runs the length of the glass/frame. There's no concern of it pinching wires because it's simply a rubber flexible housing that seals off the windshield. It was a little bit challenging to get it pushed through that spot, but it worked out perfectly and allows for what I believe to be a very clean install.
__________________
Boston Jeep Build Thread
North Shore Jeeps Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
Cleaning this thing up is similar to a slightly abused pornstar throwing on a bunch of makeup to try to hide her eternal scars, but I think she doesn't look too bad
djflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:30 AM   #776
95riograndeman
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
Hey- not a problem! Wires are run under the windshield hinge and through that rubber grommet that runs the length of the glass/frame. There's no concern of it pinching wires because it's simply a rubber flexible housing that seals off the windshield. It was a little bit challenging to get it pushed through that spot, but it worked out perfectly and allows for what I believe to be a very clean install.

Thanks so much. I'm no pro for wiring but I didnt know how you did it. That's how I was thinking on doin it but I appreciate the fast feedback.
__________________
SOLD: 1995 Wrangler. 4" RC Lift. 32x11.50x15 BFG AT's. Smittybilt Front and Rear Bumpers.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/just-enough-now-1159417/
95riograndeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 06:12 AM   #777
djflyy
Wanderlust
 
djflyy's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,469
Off with North Shore Jeeps for a trail run in New Hampshire!!!


__________________
Boston Jeep Build Thread
North Shore Jeeps Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
Cleaning this thing up is similar to a slightly abused pornstar throwing on a bunch of makeup to try to hide her eternal scars, but I think she doesn't look too bad
djflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #778
SaxManClay
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Weymouth, MA
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
Off with North Shore Jeeps for a trail run in New Hampshire!!!


SaxManClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #779
donnyb373
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: York, ME
Posts: 210
man im pretty bummed not to go...I hate working..
donnyb373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #780
mudhunter51
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: , Connecticut
Posts: 96
I've been following your build from the time you started it, and i just went through some of it again. This is probably one of the most complete and thorough builds on the forum. I've gotten a bunch of ideas for my jeep from your build and it's always interesting to see what you work on next. Nice job man
__________________
Redneck does not even describe this, I don't even know what to say -99TJSahara

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-redheaded-mistress-build-1308945/
mudhunter51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
35s , boston , built tj , chili pepper pearl , north shore jeeps
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.