My First Jeep - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My First Jeep

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 05-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #91
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

So Ive been having a starting issue the past few days and wanted to get that fixed right away. Dam thing would crank and crank and wouldn't start until i depressed the gas pedal. After researching it and asking my mechanic we both agreed it was the iac most likely....so i took her off and cleaned her up reinstalled and .....nothing......same problem..so i was like ok i have another jeep but the dam sensor plug on my 98 dosent match the 96........... So i then decided to just go ahead and take off the whole throttle body and try cleaning that....omg the sludge that was caked on it was about an 1/16 inch thick. Now after the little cleaning i must have gained some serious throttle response back because she picks up like never before now. Feels like i gained 10 hp. Im happy again now i can concentrate on sanding and painting the snorkel.

paulyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #92
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

Ok all painted up and installed. looks good and will function just as well. Overall happy with it and its outcome.

Unread 05-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #93
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

Unread 05-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #94
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

I used some tabs i found from a universal mailbox lock kit they were exactly the same profile on the door jam.

Unread 05-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #95
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

One last shot

Unread 05-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #96
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

So the new project is to fix the roof rack rails because the dam thing broke when i mounted the jack to the basket. I guess the old plastic on the jeep wasn't as strong as i would have hoped. Also got me a jack handle isolator and i couldn't believe they only wanted like 7.50 for the energy suspension one but the day star one was like 15 bucks for the same thing ? Guess it pays to shop around if your not rich ........

Unread 06-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #97
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

got me some adjustable lower control arms off the classifieds here for a good price. Thanks again 02MallCrawler they were awesome. He also included some brand new bushings with them.
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #98
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

so i cleaned them up re greased them and installed all the new bushings. Just missing one of the bushing sleeves but im sure i can find one that will work.

And then all done

Unread 06-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #99
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

My list of crap to do for the jeep is now like a quarter of a notebook page now instead of a full page lol.....So much to do so little money and time....... up next re mount roof rack thats broken and finally paint all the plastics and brush guard .....
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #100
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyboy View Post
My list of crap to do for the jeep is now like a quarter of a notebook page now instead of a full page lol.....So much to do so little money and time....... up next re mount roof rack thats broken and finally paint all the plastics and brush guard .....
I know how you feel there I have a huge list of wants and not the money to do. But awesome jeep my first jeep was a 96 zj to0.
Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #101
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

ok update found some rock krawler rear upper adjustables form another member and were just rebuilt before the sale...sorry for the pics i used my phone

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #102
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

they were a little beat up on the pipe but all the joints and jam nuts came off with my bf wrench.

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #103
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

ok so i decided to paint them but i felt bad for the lowers being black and painting the uppers red so i cleaned all the bars and got them ready for paint.

Unread 07-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #104
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

ok and now presto there red...

Unread 07-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #105
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

after this next project is re mounting the roof rack and the new exhaust idea....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.