My dream build! 99 xj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My dream build! 99 xj

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
foxrider12390
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My dream build! 99 xj

well ive been debating whether or not to make a build thread because im too damn lazy to keep updating it. but this is my 6th cherokee and i figure the ol girl is worth a build thread. I traded an old beat up s10 that i paid $300 for and a sled that i paid a $1000 for. first day i got the thing it had a few issues that i realized real quick. the kid i got it from put some rims, tires, a $300 exhaust, and a sound system in it within the past 2 months prior to me getting it. needless to say he beat it pretty good but i still saw potential. the ONLY spot of rust is on the driverside rocker which i will be replacing with rockers/rock sliders in the near future. im going to fufill my every hope and dream i have had with a cherokee in the one I have now. well here goes nothing hope you enjoy!

foxrider12390 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
foxrider12390
1999 XJ Cherokee 

While saving up for a lift ive been doing little mods that will help me out down the road.
Mods so far: Hood vents, Removed rear sway bar, bored out throttle body, intake, exhaust, Cut fenders, plastic trim removed, debadged, tinted lights, and angry eye headlights!
This is how she sat
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
foxrider12390
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Finally making some more progress on the jeep. continuing to go through and repair all the hack work the PO did. I finally took my rear sway bar out and began to undercoat the bottom side of the jeep to prevent the Northern devil aka rust. I took a break today from workin on the ol girl and had a chance to do some light wheelin near my house. stock saggy suspension, tiny *** all terrains, no rear sway bar and cut fenders the jeep did pretty good. i climbed some pretty decent hills watching out for all the **** i could hit being so low to the ground. all in all it was great. The more motivation the better. im definitly looking forward to making this one nasty rig. If anyone has any questions about any mods ive done dont be afraid to ask. Ive done plenty of research before anything ive tried.

Heading out to the powerlines

Pretty decent flex. Im very impressed!

Definitly a good start to where i want to go with this build. im looking forward to taking everything slow and steady. One step at a time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.