My Dream Build - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 03-06-2016, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
My Dream Build

This is going to be one of the slower already started build threads, and the main reason I'm doing this is because my word document of mods is getting too long. I bought my 97' TJ my Junior year of High School and have owned it for almost 4 years now. I have done a ton to that car and I love the crap out of it. BUT about 2 years ago when I really stared to get into the whole automotive game, I realize that this wasn't the car I really wanted to build up and keep for years to come. I loved the simplicity and look of the TJ but with the JK out I really wanted more space inside and a longer wheelbase. I thought about stretching and different mods to accommodate the TJ to my needs but the only way I could really do what I wanted to do was to move on to an unlimited... an LJ. There were certain things I couldn't live without when it came to my next car and it took over a year to find the car for me. The LJ was purchased from a small town near Boston and shipped out to me. I finally received it about a week ago and couldn't be more stoked for whats in store. This next weekend/week I'm taking all of the parts from my TJ and swapping them to the LJ. As a random side note Im currently attending CSU and our mascot is the ram... we received this license plate, its not custom

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3581.jpg   IMG_3509.jpg   IMG_3510.jpg   IMG_3511.jpg   IMG_3508.jpg  

IMG_3512.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-06-2016, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
this past weekend I went back home to replace some of the small stuff, like cruise control, stereo, and since the radiator is toast, refreshing the entire cooling system. My sister rides horses with a guy who makes radiators and so we got a really nice metal one for cheap. Unfortunately as we were putting it in, the AC radiator sticks out just far enough to cause an issue... Ordered a new one and will have to install it next week. Also forgot the LJ would have a different mounting bracket for the radio so ordered one of those as well.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3586.jpg  
post #3 of 21 Old 03-06-2016, 11:06 PM
djcsnake

That's a nice looking lj
post #4 of 21 Old 03-20-2016, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
So this past week over my spring break I had set very high expectations for myself... apparently too high. I did get the suspension body lift and MML transferred over, however one of the body mount bolts on the LJ snapped in half and I have yet to drill that all the way out The TJ is completely done, suspension wise and electrical wise. I need to take a few things off still that I'm going to keep but other than that... all done so that's exciting Hopefully next weekend I can at least get the LJ drivable and the TJ up on Craigslist.

As of today:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3663.jpg  
post #5 of 21 Old 03-26-2016, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Came home for the weekend hoping to get it in drivable condition, fixed up the brakes with all new brake lines, pads, ebrake gear, and turned rotors. Waiting for the paint to finish drying and hopefully it'll all go together smoothly😂 put the gas tank back in and replaced the crappy tcase z linkage with a Novak shifter cable. Before I finish the underside up I also need a new 4wd sensor... But all I need is brakes and the air filter in for it to run!!!😎
Attached Images

post #6 of 21 Old 03-30-2016, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
So I still have a snapped body bolt and the ebrake is barely working without the cable I ordered almost three weeks ago... but I drove it back to college! Im going to do some more swapping and selling of speakers before thats all finished up and when I go home in like a month to go on the 'summer diet', Ill hopefully have speakers done, swap rear bumpers, and maybe some more Tcase work. I want the SYE off the TJ and I still have to replace the 4WD sensor along with my speedo gear. Its on duratrac 33" (measures 32") and 3.73 gearing with the 6 speed. Should that be a 31 or 32 tooth?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3715.jpg   IMG_3717.jpg   IMG_3714.jpg  
post #7 of 21 Old 03-30-2016, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Im going to leave an updated photo and a list of everything I've done on this post. Always thought these were cool

Jeep 2.0
3.5" Rubicon Express Short Arm Super Flex Lift (all lower and rear upper control arms are superflex)
1.25" JKS Body Lift with 1" M.O.R.E bombproof MML
17" TKO MB rim with 285/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac
Novak Shift Cable
Rugged Ridge XHD Winch Front Bumper with brush guard
Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper with tire carrier and tow package
Badlands 12,000llb Winch
Cobra 75WXST Handheld CB w/ 4' Firestik
Sony DSX-S310BTX Head Unit with Alpine KTP-445U Head Unit Power Pack
Infinity Kappa 5.25" Front Speaker with Focal Integration ISC 130 rear speakers
12" JL 12TW3-D4 Subwoofer with Alpine MRV-M500 Amp
Ridged LED D2s
CKMTA12 ARB Compressor
Vlair 2.5 Gallon 200PSI tank
Heated wiper blades
SYE
80's Cadillac Coup-Deville Horn

Future
In-cab winch controls
Kleinn 220 Airhorn
Electric-life Power window
Red LEDs
4.6L Stroker
Attached Thumbnails
LJnotop1.jpg  

Last edited by jepperz; 04-17-2016 at 12:31 AM. Reason: UPDATE
post #8 of 21 Old 03-31-2016, 01:04 AM
Jeepitis
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lots of work and pride there. Nicely done.
post #9 of 21 Old 04-03-2016, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepitis View Post
Lots of work and pride there. Nicely done.
Thanks!

Made a quick trip home and did a 3part injector clean, and flushed my AC and power steering. Might have an AC leak but wont know for sure until summer, finally put the plates on my front bumper and swapped my rear bumper on, so I now actually have a trunk! Now just to enjoy it until I put the soft top on!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3740.jpg   IMG_3741.jpg  
post #10 of 21 Old 04-11-2016, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Went out and played in the snow these last few days and got to finally offroad with the manual and I love to drive this thing. The wheelbase and weight are amazing with the manual. I like 4lo a lot but I need to readjust my Novak cable to let me stay in 4lo haha. Unfortunately when I was out I found a campsite that was beyond trashed. Burnt campchairs, beer bottles, water bottles, bolts, sparklers, and solo cups... Along with the purple tub. Really pains me to see people purposely disrespect the environment like that... But on a better note I hope to get my soft top on and do some lighting swaps this coming weekend!
Attached Images

post #11 of 21 Old 04-17-2016, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Made a quick trip home this weekend and wired up the wiper blades, D2's and mounted my CB speaker and compressor. Fort Collins CO was supposed to get upwards of 40" of snow last night but that didnt happen so after this mini meet up Im heading out on the trail now to go have some fun! hopefully all goes well!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3866.jpg  
post #12 of 21 Old 04-18-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Well... we got stuck... Went up Greer and started Ballard, most of our group turned around but one of my buddies had chains on all fours so we moved on. Made it all the way to the mud pits without too much trouble and even made it past aways before it got too deep to continue. Finally got really stuck leaving the mud pits and spent a few hours trying to get out. overall we made it back within 10 hours and I had an amazing time. Hopefully with 80s this weekend weather wise I can finally put the soft top on and camp! I didnt get any pictures this past weekend but I do have Gopro footage and im shifting through that... could take awhile though...
post #13 of 21 Old 04-23-2016, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
I did a thing! And went camping finally but my phone died and I couldn't find my charger so no pictures... School is starting to pick up with finals just around the corner so this may be my last week out for awhile. Hopefully I can get out tonight!
Attached Images

post #14 of 21 Old 05-24-2016, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
School got out last week, and I just had to go camping. Had a great time before coming home for the summer, and now that I'm home the first thing I had to do was wash my car. I haven't ever seen the paint so sparkly!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4110.jpg   IMG_4058.jpg   IMG_4107.jpg   IMG_4103.jpg   IMG_4079.jpg  

IMG_4132.jpg   IMG_4133.jpg  
post #15 of 21 Old 06-21-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
jepperz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Been a busy while since I've been on here! Lots of smaller projects done in that time... Swapped my valve covers and SYE. The front driveshaft u-joint was dry as a bone without any of the cylinder bearings, and I found a place that extended my rear shaft so I didn't have to get a new one. Also back when I first got the LJ, in February, I was able to order a D44 front axle from G2. Its now mid June and Im cancelling the order because of how useless all of their employees are. They continually told me it would only be two more weeks and when we talked to a higher up, we were transferred down to the store we ordered from who has no idea whats going on. Im beyond done with them and looking to buy from somewhere else but thanks to them, I will not have the axle I want for another year or so.

Finally started replacing my heater core though. Its a stupid amount of work though... Also installing something else that Im super excited about but more on that later.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4140.jpg   IMG_4163.jpg   IMG_4136.jpg   IMG_4142.jpg   Dashout.jpg  

mydash.jpg   steeringwheel.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.