MY digital camo flatfendered TJ - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MY digital camo flatfendered TJ

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-24-2009, 06:42 AM   #76
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakechristina View Post
I just came across this thread. Very NICE that is the best retro look I have ever seen I like the TJ Flatfender.
Thanks so much! It has been unseasonably bitter cold this winter. the jeep has been sitting in the barn since thanksgiving, and I am itching for top down weather(no rain and 45+ degrees) I got some metal bent up over the winter for auxilary light guards, and a high lift mount. I will be working on that in april. still havent found an mb/gpw grill to graft into the front yet.
I did however pull it out of the barn sunday, and I did a few donuts in the snowy front yard. we shot some video. once I post it to youtube, I will post a link. the digital camo looked good in the snow.

Screw it I'm too old for this crap!
Fflintstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #77
ZJ-Soldier
1998 ZJ 

Are you in the military? or did you just do it cuz its cool, i saw the 101st Airborne thing on the front bumper and wondered? Im going to airborne school after basic? no matter what its an awesome jeep
ZJ-Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #78
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

not in the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ-Soldier View Post
Are you in the military? or did you just do it cuz its cool, i saw the 101st Airborne thing on the front bumper and wondered? Im going to airborne school after basic? no matter what its an awesome jeep
I never served but I have various friends and relitives that are or did. I lost 2 great uncles in WWII (I am an old fart). the unit markings are a tribute to all of them.
remember to tuck and roll when you land!!

Unread 03-16-2009, 01:17 AM   #79
tatooweeny
2001 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Fflintstone;6652244] still havent found an mb/gpw grill to graft into the front yet.QUOTE]

Hey I hope you don't mind, I found an old M38 A1 grill, and bolted it on to see what it looks like. Pretty good fit. Sorry, didn't have time to paint it, but I did manage to get most of the dents out with bondo... -jake
tatooweeny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #80
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

hey thanks for the fun with photoshop!

[QUOTE=tatooweeny;6806298]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fflintstone View Post
still havent found an mb/gpw grill to graft into the front yet.QUOTE]

Hey I hope you don't mind, I found an old M38 A1 grill, and bolted it on to see what it looks like. Pretty good fit. Sorry, didn't have time to paint it, but I did manage to get most of the dents out with bondo... -jake
that looks pretty neat, even looks like bubba put a good rough coat of bondo on it.
I have located a 9 slot grill for an afordable price, not yet in my possetion, but soon I hope. I just drove the jeep home out of storage last night. I will be working on the fender mounted blackout light, two driving lights on the bumper and a backup light on the rear bumper. I am antisipating ALOT of work to graft the 9 slot in due to the size. but I will start as soon as it is in my gready little hands.
I just learned how to tig weld, but unfortunatly do not have $2,500 for a tig welder, so I will be migwelding and doing ALOT of grinding.
I will keep you posted!

Unread 03-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #81
tatooweeny
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That will be sweet when finished. I would love to do that to mine.
Unread 03-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #82
JNC995
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I always thought the "H" in IMHO stood for honest.

Anyway. Nice jeep. There are a couple pretty cool TJs on here with an army look. If you haven't seen this one yet, check it out. Might get some ideas. Although, I think this guy has some more money to throw at his jeep. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...566265&page=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Boy View Post
my two cents > your two cents.

Last edited by JNC995; 03-17-2009 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: spelling
JNC995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #83
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yeh, we bounce ideas back and forth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNC995 View Post
I always thought the "H" in IMHO stood for honest.

Anyway. Nice jeep. There are a couple pretty cool TJs on here with an army look. If you haven't seen this one yet, check it out. Might get some ideas. Although, I think this guy has some more money to through at his jeep. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...566265&page=11
jake's a great guy. he posted the photoshop picture of mine with a m38 grille added, and yes he has put alot of money into his jeep. he has spent more on mods to his jeep than I have in my jeep and mods. he has alot of time effort and money in his jeep and it shows!!! many people put a ton of money into ther jeeps. if you have it to spend why not?
I used to have a ton of toys and disposable income. but my auto engineering job was exported to India, and here in michigan we lead the nation with over 12% unemployment, and 2-4 forclosed homes on every street. I pride myself on what I have done to my jeep with next to no money. but I have been doing jeeps for 15 years so that makes it easier. I also have alot of tools and know how to use them.
I cant wait to see what Jake comes up with for a retro dash. all I plan on doing is glueing some dig cam material to my airbag covers and maybe puting some repro WWII jeep data plates on my glove gox.

Unread 03-17-2009, 04:30 AM   #84
tatooweeny
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Allright Fflintstone, this should motivate you to get things done...

GPW 9 slot grill, fender mounted blackout light, and a couple spot lights on the bumper. I have a lot of time on my hands tonight.

Just wanted to see what your custom tow bar would look like attached with the new grill. Nice.
Unread 03-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #85
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

wow! you do have lots of time to play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatooweeny View Post
Allright Fflintstone, this should motivate you to get things done...

GPW 9 slot grill, fender mounted blackout light, and a couple spot lights on the bumper. I have a lot of time on my hands tonight.

Just wanted to see what your custom tow bar would look like attached with the new grill. Nice.
I hope to have the real 9 slot in there within a month. thaks for the images Jake! and your wheeling photos look cool! I did some donuts in the snow in the front yard a few weeks ago. I am going to load a video up to youtube and post it.

Unread 04-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #86
TXjeepTJ

this is awesome!! props
TXjeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #87
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ View Post
this is awesome!! props
thanks, I have done some more small things, but I am waiting to post pics till I have the blackout light mounted on the fender.
grafting the WWII jeep 9 slot grille will take alot more work due to the massive amounts of dents and dings in the 65 year old veteran.

Unread 04-26-2009, 04:51 AM   #88
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey its comming along real nice, I really like the look of the 9 slot grill. What are you doing with your old grill when you get the new one? Pm me if your interested in selling yours.
I would still love to tackle a hood vent like you made on yours. Great work.
Unread 04-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #89
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

will be mearging the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaikYJ View Post
Hey its comming along real nice, I really like the look of the 9 slot grill. What are you doing with your old grill when you get the new one? Pm me if your interested in selling yours.
I would still love to tackle a hood vent like you made on yours. Great work.
I will be mearging the two together, so ther will be nothing to sell, unfortunatly, as I could use some bucks for another mod.

Unread 04-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #90
xBlackBettyx
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I don't even see the jeep... must be the camo...

Looks nice, wasn't sure what to expect when I looked at the title, but it looks very nice.
xBlackBettyx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.