MY digital camo flatfendered TJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MY digital camo flatfendered TJ

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #61
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBLAKE View Post
dude, that's getting to be pretty awesome.

you should lose the chrome - what? someone already said that...oh ok.

i know you said what kind, but is that rattle can paint or no?

either way, coolest paint job I've seen. period.

not to hijack, but here is a similar flat fender idea. no welding required. I paid 100 bucks to save me a week of work and they removed and plasma'd the fenders, although it might be possible to just use even a dremel

again nice work mr. flintstone.
yes the chrome is going "sometime"
for the most part I do not "rattle can" anything. (the rims were however) infact I just bought a new HVLP detail gun from HF.
I cut my fenders with an air nibbler. I would love to have a plasma cutter but I dont have a spare $1,500 for the hypertherm modle I want.
before I had an air nibbler I used a panel cutter air chisle, but they are kind of crude. a sawzall will work on anything that is open behind what yout cutting, they work great for a jeep, but not so great cutting the Q panels off a 69 GTO.
I had some help on the hoodscoop from a friend that has plasma cutter, and I used his to cut the hole for the hoodscoop. I also went to another friends house to cut the round holes in the front bumper. wish I had one.

Screw it I'm too old for this crap!
Fflintstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #62
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i dont rememeber how i got to this thread but your jeep is awesome , I like that you do the work yourself, Its a unique jeep (even tho it has round head lights ) Thanks for posting your work ,Its great.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #63
SHAKEnBLAKE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

so uh, my sis lives in detroit and I will be there for christmas. I will be dropping my tj off at your place so that you can make me a hood like yours. let me know when you want me to drop it off.
I've decided that this is the coolest tj on the forum.
Unread 12-10-2008, 05:55 AM   #64
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! wait til easter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBLAKE View Post
so uh, my sis lives in detroit and I will be there for christmas. I will be dropping my tj off at your place so that you can make me a hood like yours. let me know when you want me to drop it off.
I've decided that this is the coolest tj on the forum.
thanks agian for the complement, I wish I had more time and more$$$ for some mechanical mods. I realy want better brakes, a diesel engine and a newer 6 speed trans.
it has been unseasonably flipin cold here in the metro detroit area. call me a big wuss but at my age I dont want to be out in the garage unless its above 40 out. (my knee is realy stiff in the cold since the surgury) FYI it takes 2 hoods to make one like mine.(unless you have alot of sheet metal forming tools,(I DONT)) over the winter i will be planing and welding some metal guards to add to the bumper to protect added lighting (I need to add my backup light) I also bought a black out light for the front fender, and a mount for my high lift jack.

Unread 12-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #65
zac87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i like how you did the intake on the hood!
'97 TJ, 4.0L 5 speed, locker in front, Skyjacker 4in suspension, BFG AT 33x12.5, black cragar soft 8's, Bushwacker flares, Quick dicos, hardtop/doors, Safari doors, 2002 wrangler seats, tube bumpers front and rear, Skyjacker steering stabilizer, Tuffy glove box, cheap foglights, new paint ;)

SOLD: '88 YJ, 4.2L 5 speed, 31 bogs, KC fogs, herculined inside, straight piped
zac87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #66
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac87 View Post
i like how you did the intake on the hood!
thanks I bought my jeep almost 2 years ago, and when I saw where the air cleaner was and where the filters were for most cold air intakes, the idea came almost imediatly. shortly after that I found a spare hood from a fire jeep for only $10, then this spring I went to town.

Unread 01-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #67
wessker96
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I like it alot would love to see it in russian camo colors any photo shoppers got a bead on that digital russian? Grey black and White?

Membership courtesy of Fletch
wessker96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #68
heep1991
2007 JK Wrangler 

I was wondering what kind of paint application did you use? Did you use spray cans or did you use spay gun? I want to do a urban digital on my YJ. thanks
heep1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #69
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

That is a nice rig you have. I really like the digital theme. Once you get the seats done, it will definitely set it off even more. Good job.
Altimeter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #70
Erek.Smith
1995 ZJ 

Nevermind
Essential gear for America's heroes

Last edited by Erek.Smith; 01-26-2009 at 05:06 PM..
Erek.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #71
titosgreen95yj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i dont really like the digital camo....i think it would look better with just the kakhi color and the blacked out grill...but to each his own...reguardless nice rig
titosgreen95yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #72
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, But Thank The Right People.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erek.Smith View Post
Screamin Eagles!! AND EOD!

That Jeep looks amazing! Thanks for protecting our country, especially for going EOD and risking your life! Just don't do stupid stuff with UXO's, k?
I HAVE NEVER SERVED IN THE MILITARY OR EVER CLAIM TO.
THE UNIT MARKINGS ARE A TRIBUTE TO A FREIND AND A RELATIVE.

I HAVE THE GREATEST RESPECT FOR PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO SERVE THIS GREAT COUNTRY. A PART OF WHY I PAINTED MY JEEP THIS WAY IS A TRIBUTE TO ALL MILITARY PERSONEL SERVING IN A HOT NASTY HELL HOLE OF A PLACE, FAR FROM THERE LOVED ONES.

Unread 01-26-2009, 04:34 AM   #73
bodybrdng
2007 JK Wrangler 

I really like the paint job. I want to do something similiar. What kind of paint did you use? How long for the paint process?

Christian Jeep Club Member # 278
Baltimore County Jeeps Member # 4
Maryland Jeep Club Member # 25

______
/l,[____],
l---L Ė()lllllll()-
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

bodybrdng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #74
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybrdng View Post
I really like the paint job. I want to do something similiar. What kind of paint did you use? How long for the paint process?
read reply#27 on page 2 # 32 on page 3, & 61 on page 5
I covered this in some depth before but it may have been on "the other jeep website" or in a differnt thred.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM A PHONE # AND I CAN ANSWER SPECIFIC QUESTIONS. I TYPE SLOW AND HAVE A LIFE OTHER THAN IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER SCREEN.

Unread 02-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #75
jakechristina
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I just came across this thread. Very NICE that is the best retro look I have ever seen I like the TJ Flatfender.
jakechristina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.