MY digital camo flatfendered TJ - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MY digital camo flatfendered TJ

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #481
tatooweeny
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Fflintstone, long time no here! Just thought I'd stop by to say hi.

I love that Honda your kid rides. I used to commute on a Honda XR-650L and was an awesome bike on the trails.

Unread 03-12-2014, 05:39 AM   #482
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatooweeny View Post
Hey Fflintstone, long time no here! Just thought I'd stop by to say hi.

I love that Honda your kid rides. I used to commute on a Honda XR-650L and was an awesome bike on the trails.
Nice to here from you! I don't get any feeds from you on facebook.
I have had an XR250L and then an XR600 R that I turned into a supermoto once I got my KTM.

I am really hoping to do a lot of riding with him this spring. and spring is coming. we have had two days above freezing in a row. (snowing now!) I was outside in a T-shirt yesterday! last week I went to work twice at -23 and once at -13!

Screw it I'm too old for this crap!
Fflintstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #483
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fflintstone

Nice to here from you! I don't get any feeds from you on facebook.
I have had an XR250L and then an XR600 R that I turned into a supermoto once I got my KTM.

I am really hoping to do a lot of riding with him this spring. and spring is coming. we have had two days above freezing in a row. (snowing now!) I was outside in a T-shirt yesterday! last week I went to work twice at -23 and once at -13!
Love the bikes. My mom hates motorcycles, so when I was 13, I bailed hay on my Gfathers farm. Saved every penny. Bought my own XR100 at the end of that summer. My mom was pissed but my Grandfather was so proud that I busted my *** and worked for what I wanted.
Have a great time riding w ur son.
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #484
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered my stainless brake line kit and new flex lines as well.
I just have to find the time to put them on.
while I have it on the hoist I am going to spray some rust converter on the frame and undercarriage. I ordered a gallon of corroseal from homedepot. just waiting for that to arrive.

I still need safer tires and nothing worth wile has been coming up used on CL. a local company has some new 33 12.50 15s for $750 OTD and for only $10 more they have 35's! I just need some cheap steel rims if I am going that route. my jeep would look killer on 35's but even as little as I wheel I think that would help grenade the stock axles.

I have been looking for some 16" steel crown vic rims and was going to run a 255 85 16 mud tire, but I can't find cheap steel rims in either size to save my ***.

Unread 06-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #485
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

so last weekend my son had a party and I took the boys out back 4wheelin. I kissed a tree and rearranged my custom passenger side view mirror mount.
I took the opportunity to relocate it slightly rearward for a better view.

this is the drives side.

passenger side:

I got the boss involved in the work:

Unread 07-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #486
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

my new toy!

just spent the weekend picking up my 94 RMW. I drove down to Virginia to pick up a rust free example. I really hate rust.

pretty much blew all my booze and hooker money to buy this so unless I sell some other toys it is going to be nothing but little repairs and upgrades for a while. the only thing "broken are the rear window struts. I will have the wife glue up the edges of the headliner and the missing clips on the drivers door.

I have to find and unplug the air compressor for the self leveling shocks. the PO had new KYB shocks put on the rear and the lines are just sitting there.

so here is my wagon:

and here is the money shot. the reason I drove 1800 miles this weekend.

I really only plan to put rims and tires, a CV sway bar, modern head unit, light window tint and maybe a cold air intake on it. it will be one of my summer only cars.

Unread 08-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #487
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

today at the parade.

the jeep has been sitting on the back burner while I try to get my vintage convertible on the road but I drug it out for a local family days parade today.
a friend from church is the photographer/editor for the local chain of newspapers and posted these pics to facebook. my son had his friend over so he got to throw candy out to the kids too.
10532800_10152372415363922_2838909623302031504_n.jpg

10422333_10152372415278922_8227913283092326895_n.jpg

Unread 09-01-2014, 03:47 AM   #488
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am doing my public service message here. please remember common safety when working on our toys be it ford dodge or GM.

I was in ER all night and some of the morning due to a friends car slipping off the jack stands and partiality crushing my side. they say God looks out for fools and drunks, and I have to say it was true. I should not have had any part of my body under the car while he was repositioning it. thank God for his watching over me. fortunately no broken bones but multiple contusions and abrasions. it felt like my ribs separated from my sternum. despite two Vicodin I still cant get to sleep.

Unread 10-22-2014, 05:40 AM   #489
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

so they say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I still don't like it when other people copy my idea.

I almost didn't notice the jeep in the background,
jeep_n.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.