MY digital camo flatfendered TJ - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MY digital camo flatfendered TJ

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #451
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

has-anyone-used-omix-ada-stainless-line-kit?

has-anyone-used-omix-ada-stainless-line-kit?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ha.../#post15566480

Screw it I'm too old for this crap!
Fflintstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #452
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

finally back to being able to weld.

Despite being a decent hobby welder for over 10 years, I took a MIG welding class at Lincoln electric about 2 years ago. I purchased a powerMIG 350 welder direct thru them at dealer cost.

The welder sat unused until today. I needed to repair a gas pedal on my sonís go-kart and I havenít MIG welded in two years. I wanted to run a few beads before I started the repair.

I got the setting off on the first bead, but this is bead #2. Not perfect but I am happy with it for a second bead after two years away from welding.

Now I can weld again!!!!!!!!

Unread 07-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #453
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Its like riding a bike that can blind you if you dont have a helmet
Unread 07-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #454
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Its like riding a bike that can blind you if you dont have a helmet
LOL! true!
this welder does so many things its going to take a fair amount of welding just to figure it all out.

Unread 08-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #455
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Today, with the help of my wife and son I no longer have a black grille on the jeep. Too dark out to take pics but tomorrow I will post up. I wish the hell I would have done it sooner.
Tomorrow is our local family days and we always have a parade.

Unread 08-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #456
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

as promised a fresh photo with the new color grille. I wish I would have done this from the start.(but then again I didn't think it would take 5+ years to graft in the 9 slot MB grille)

IMO it looks 1000% better!

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #457
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks much nicer!

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #458
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha225 View Post
Looks much nicer!
Thanks!

Unread 08-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #459
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

scored a geat deal on metal working tools today.

So I picked up this shrinker and stretcher for $50 figuring that was a screaming deal for even a HF set because they never come up used.

Imagine my pleasure when I found out they are USA made!

http://www.aircraft-tool.com/shop/se...12072&PageNo=4

Unread 10-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #460
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

halloween costume

last weekend was the "jeep creep" in Gladwin. I took my jeep there Friday and Saturday. Saturday there was a "trunk or treat" for the kids, my sons costume was a huge hit.

Unread 10-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #461
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fflintstone View Post
last weekend was the "jeep creep" in Gladwin. I took my jeep there Friday and Saturday. Saturday there was a "trunk or treat" for the kids, my sons costume was a huge hit.

The mini gilly suit is awesome .
Unread 10-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #462
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
The mini gilly suit is awesome .

Thanks! he is pretty proud of it and the wooden gun we made!

Unread 11-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #463
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

engine swap????????

So by a turn of events I find myself driving a 95 4x4 dodge Dakota with a V8 and automatic. It is a nice running truck but the body is rusted and it is not worth fixing. While I plan on driving it all winter. I donít know whether to try to broom it or do a swap into the TJ I donít know how I feel about having an automatic but my guess is with a complete donor vehicle I should be able to do it for minimal cost. We donít have emissions testing here anymore so the year difference isnít a problem.

I like the idea of doubling the stock HP output and having a complete powertrain for the swap. Only downside is then I will need to do an explorer axel swap and something for the front. The stock dana30/35 w/4:88 gears would be a no go with the V8. My guess is 4:10 or 3:73 gears would be best with a V8.

I am about 8 pages into the magnum engine thread and have not found one doing a 4cyl stick to V8 auto yet, but I am sure someone has done it.

Unread 11-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #464
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fflintstone View Post
So by a turn of events I find myself driving a 95 4x4 dodge Dakota with a V8 and automatic. It is a nice running truck but the body is rusted and it is not worth fixing. While I plan on driving it all winter. I don’t know whether to try to broom it or do a swap into the TJ I don’t know how I feel about having an automatic but my guess is with a complete donor vehicle I should be able to do it for minimal cost. We don’t have emissions testing here anymore so the year difference isn’t a problem.

I like the idea of doubling the stock HP output and having a complete powertrain for the swap. Only downside is then I will need to do an explorer axel swap and something for the front. The stock dana30/35 w/4:88 gears would be a no go with the V8. My guess is 4:10 or 3:73 gears would be best with a V8.

I am about 8 pages into the magnum engine thread and have not found one doing a 4cyl stick to V8 auto yet, but I am sure someone has done it.
I'd bet you could find an ax15 that'd work...or I guess probably the nv3550 (I think rams came with them)...doesn't seem like that would add that much to the cost. I prefer manual myself, but I don't like to knock autos either

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #465
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would try to find a NV 3500 that way you could keep your pedals and clutch master and such. Plus manuals are just more fun haha. You might be able to mate the ax-5 to the v8 but I would doubt it would hold up very long.

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.