MY digital camo flatfendered TJ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MY digital camo flatfendered TJ

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 10-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #31
tatooweeny
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice rig! Yeah, I wish I could've made my own fenders. I'm a very amaturish welder, so they would've sucked!

Contrary to other's opinions though, I'm a firm believer of the bolt-on stuff. Most companies do extensive research and several designs before the final product hits shelves, so buying those is really the smart thing to do for people like me!

Speaking of bolt-on stuff, those M37 style rear fenders of yours are EXACTLY what I planned for my Jeep! Would you make me a bolt-on set, please?!! LOL -jake

tatooweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #32
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I could not agree with you more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan70 View Post
Don't take this personally, but I think I would ditch the chrome on the bezels and on the grill. That would give it a more authentic look, imo.

Besides those two things, very impressive work. Looks like a real military issued Jeep.
thanks!!!! I could not agree with you more! my master plan involves grafting a 9 slot willys mb grill into the wrangler opening. I did not have the time or mor importantly the money to buy a repo mb grill. I did this make over on the cheap and due to finding a sreaming deal on milspec paint, I was able to come in well under budget. Also, at my age i have learned not to do things twice, I figured why paint it now if I am going to tear it apart this winter or next.
I will be trying to pull the chrome inserts out soon, I actualy have someone who wants to buy them, so I am hoping they come out in one piece.

P.S. thanks for the compliments, everybody on this website has been great so far. and thanks for using "IMO" .most people say "IMHO". It's one of my peves, but if someone is taking time to post someting on the internet, they are not being the least bit humble.

Screw it I'm too old for this crap!
Fflintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #33
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

That MB style grill will look really cool. Keep us posted on that.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

My Jeep Pics

I live. I wheel. I am. Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #34
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatooweeny View Post
Nice rig! Yeah, I wish I could've made my own fenders. I'm a very amaturish welder, so they would've sucked!

Speaking of bolt-on stuff, those M37 style rear fenders of yours are EXACTLY what I planned for my Jeep! Would you make me a bolt-on set, please?!! LOL -jake
I would love to make jeep stuff and get paid for it. That being said, to make rear fender like mine bolt on, you would go from 4 rather simple cheap pieces of steel, to 4 simple and 2 rather expensive pieces of steel. Welding the fenders on is easy peasy. Filling the 20 (yes 20) holes from the stock flairs is hard. You may want to see what a body shop would charge to fill the holes, then you could weld on the fenders yourself.

I realy like what you have done with your jeep. I was wondering what a fender blackout light, and grab handles would look like, and now I have budget for them.
I cant wait to see what you come up with on the inside.

Unread 10-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #35
notarubicon
2008 JK Wrangler 

were you at the woodward dream cruise thise year
notarubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #36
TinTennessee
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good. I really like the scoop. Maybe when I get my post up to 50 or whatever it is, I'll post some pics of my 87 Chevy custom camo van. That is if no ones gonna complain cause it aint a jeep.
TinTennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #37
xtreampyro
2002 TJ Wrangler 

WOW! Thats one of the best custom paint schemes i ever seen on a wrangler...
Unread 10-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #38
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

sort of

Quote:
Originally Posted by notarubicon View Post
were you at the woodward dream cruise thise year
The paint on the undercarrige was still wet when I went down there monday night before the cruise. I was out there every night till friday, but I didn't go to the actual cruise on saturday. I took my two year old to a tractor show on dream cruise saturday. Big loud tractors trump big loud cars in the eyes of a two year old.

Unread 10-25-2008, 06:21 AM   #39
jamaicanmecrazy
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrida2480 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

looks sweet man love to see something different, and im not a big camo guy but i think it looks awesome.

Ditto
jamaicanmecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 09:19 AM   #40
Roughneck
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That's awsome! Great fab work, very professional quality. And I like the digi-cam. What kind of top is on it? If it's a hardtop did you camo it too?

I was gonna comment about all that bling on the nose, but you already said you've got plans for that. That MB grill would look great.
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #41
frog557
1980 CJ5 

nice jeep man
frog557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #42
472cid
1997 TJ Wrangler 

here is a few more so not all the clicking required
1997 Jeep Wrangler 5.0 ho gt40p motor w/ e303 cam, ax15 trans. 241j rock trac transfer case from 05 rubicon. 05 front rubicon 44 with yukon chromoly shafts and rear rubicon dana 44 and rubicon rims with 33x11.50x16 mtrs
472cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #43
Fflintstone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

no top what so ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
That's awsome! Great fab work, very professional quality. And I like the digi-cam. What kind of top is on it? If it's a hardtop did you camo it too?

I was gonna comment about all that bling on the nose, but you already said you've got plans for that. That MB grill would look great.
Thanks for tha compliments, they give some value to spening too much time away from my son.

I bought the jeep with both factory tops, but since I finished the paint mid august I have not put the soft top on. if it rains I get wet. I am fortunate to have a house less than 3 miles from my job, if it looks like rain I can drive the car in the morning and the jeep at lunch or vice versa. the seats have gotten drenched twice at work so far, but if it looks like it might rain, I tip them forward and put a large garbage bag over them.
I did not paint the hardtop, as I didnt want to ruin its resale value, they are going for insane money right now in michigan and I might sell it.
I bought an old softtop for the header and I am going to make my own safari top out of some digital camo fabric I bought.

I really drive the jeep for the wind in the hair sunshine thing, and dont see the point in driving it in the salt, so In about two weeks I am going to put the hard top on it, take it up north and park it in the barn till spring.

Unread 10-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #44
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

an OD Green soft top would really compliment your rig. That paint scheme is a killer and I'm excited to see how an MB grille will look when retrofitted in there. Keep up the good work. You're now up there w/ tattooweeny for my favorite theme builds!

Jared

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #45
yamaguy01
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Location: McGuire AFB (Ft. Dix), NJ/Oxford, NC, I can't wait until I get to leave NJ!
That is one professional looking camo pattern! I like it but I think I would lose the chrome on the grill and paint to match, maybe get some wagon wheels and paint those to match or leave them black.

Dave
Square Headlights group member #222
Armed Forces Jeeps group member #65
United States Air Force group member #12
Guns and Jeeps group member #10
Ron Paul Jeepers group member #7
yamaguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.