My Daily Driver Jeepish - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My Daily Driver Jeepish

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Reply
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
crazy4ink
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Millmont, PA
Posts: 35
My Daily Driver Jeepish

We recently finished revamping my TJ. We are still working some of the small bugs out, but so far everything is performing off the scale.

Here's the run down:
1966 corvette engine turned into a 355
Pete Jackson Noisy gear drive
Roller rockers
Magnum pushrods
Holley Projection intake
TBI setup from an '89 Suburban
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
SM420
Klune with 2.72:1
Dana 300 with 4:1
Pinion brake
Front axle: 1979 Power wagon kingpin D60 with 5.13s, hydro assist, custom truss, custom coilover mounts, 1985 Chevy 3/4 ton hubs and rotors to convert from DRW width, custom 3-link with trackbar, high steer
Rear axle: 1992 F250 Sterling 10.25 with a Detroit and 5.13s, custom truss, custom 4-link, custom cantilevered coilover system
17x10s with Stauns and 42x14x17 Iroks
Custom Exo
Custom flat fenders
Custom rear fenders
Custom flat dash
Custom Winch bumper
Custom bellyup
Custom fuel cell
Benchseat from an '89 Toyota truck

There's more but you get the idea...

On to the pics:

















crazy4ink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
YJPirate
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4ink View Post
We recently finished revamping my TJ. We are still working some of the small bugs out, but so far everything is performing off the scale.

Here's the run down:
1966 corvette engine turned into a 355
Pete Jackson Noisy gear drive
Roller rockers
Magnum pushrods
Holley Projection intake
TBI setup from an '89 Suburban
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
SM420
Klune with 2.72:1
Dana 300 with 4:1
Pinion brake
Front axle: 1979 Power wagon kingpin D60 with 5.13s, hydro assist, custom truss, custom coilover mounts, 1985 Chevy 3/4 ton hubs and rotors to convert from DRW width, custom 3-link with trackbar, high steer
Rear axle: 1992 F250 Sterling 10.25 with a Detroit and 5.13s, custom truss, custom 4-link, custom cantilevered coilover system
17x10s with Stauns and 42x14x17 Iroks
Custom Exo
Custom flat fenders
Custom rear fenders
Custom flat dash
Custom Winch bumper
Custom bellyup
Custom fuel cell
Benchseat from an '89 Toyota truck

There's more but you get the idea...

On to the pics:















Click free... Awesome Jeep!!! Looks like you have many hours locked up in her.
YJPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,682
Holy crap!! That rig is OFF THE HOOK. Nicely done. Got build pictures?
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
Diabl0
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: York, PA/South Jersey
Posts: 443
This Jeep is even more amazing in person. I hate to say it, but this is my favorite part of the rig:







And here it is in action:





Rob, I'm working on getting that video sent to ya.
__________________
You do own a hairdryer don't you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it's in the driveway, it's called a Jeep.

White Jeep Club Member #808

My Build Thread
Diabl0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
MrsVanWhowho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 79
Love the Jeep Just wondering, is your suspension adjustable for clearance?
__________________
1999 WJ - Build in Progress - SOLD
2001 XJ - "Steel Blue"
2009 Challenger SRT 8 - Fun Car
MrsVanWhowho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
Levinz11
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 339
Very Impressive.....
__________________
PLEASE DEPOSIT $.75
Levinz11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
MrsVanWhowho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 79
Found another one of your rig.

__________________
1999 WJ - Build in Progress - SOLD
2001 XJ - "Steel Blue"
2009 Challenger SRT 8 - Fun Car
MrsVanWhowho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
sparkyB34
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 573
Nice rig! from the pics it don't look like it will flex at all, but watching that video is flexes out nice.
sparkyB34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
bebout
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,493
I was just looking at this rig on Pirate last night. Very nice and well built. I still want to see pics of the trick rear suspension.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #10
crazy4ink
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Millmont, PA
Posts: 35
Thanks a lot everyone! Yes, the rear suspension is adjustable 3 different ways per side. I can adjust the link that attaches the cantilever arm to the rear axle, I can adjust the coilovers and I can adjust the nitrogen pressure in the coilovers. Trust me, it flexes really well!

Keep in mind, the way you see my jeep in Diablo's vid, that's my DD configuration. I drove a little over 2 hours one way to the PA Jeeps Show, wheeled the rocks a lot over the weekend and then drove it over 2 hours home.

Diablo --> Thanks a lot for hooking me up!
crazy4ink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:20 PM   #11
crazy4ink
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Millmont, PA
Posts: 35
YJPirate --> Thanks for the hookup on the pics. I tried to post them but it wouldn't work right for me.
crazy4ink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:45 PM   #12
Diabl0
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: York, PA/South Jersey
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4ink View Post
Thanks a lot everyone! Yes, the rear suspension is adjustable 3 different ways per side. I can adjust the link that attaches the cantilever arm to the rear axle, I can adjust the coilovers and I can adjust the nitrogen pressure in the coilovers. Trust me, it flexes really well!

Keep in mind, the way you see my jeep in Diablo's vid, that's my DD configuration. I drove a little over 2 hours one way to the PA Jeeps Show, wheeled the rocks a lot over the weekend and then drove it over 2 hours home.

Diablo --> Thanks a lot for hooking me up!


No problem! I hope to see your rig again sometime out on the rocks.
__________________
You do own a hairdryer don't you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it's in the driveway, it's called a Jeep.

White Jeep Club Member #808

My Build Thread
Diabl0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,499
damn Rob.....nice freakin work. That TJ has come a long way! Congrats on the award, you guys deserve it . Good luck in the TTC too!
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #14
bandit455
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: pa
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVanWhowho View Post
Found another one of your rig.

we have the same mirrors

this makes me feel better
__________________
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #15
crazy4ink
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Millmont, PA
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
damn Rob.....nice freakin work. That TJ has come a long way! Congrats on the award, you guys deserve it . Good luck in the TTC too!
Thanks! We thrashed for almost 3 weeks, day and night, to get ready for the Truck Nationals and then the following weekend was the PA Jeeps show. All the blood and sweat paid off though!


Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit455 View Post
we have the same mirrors

this makes me feel better
LOL! Nice!
__________________
'04 TJ - Locked, Caged and Rollin's on 42s...
crazy4ink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.