My build thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My build thread

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 04-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #91
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

man at work today it was 60 degrees and sunny, i wish i wouldve had the doors off.

how long does it take to take your doors off? its funny, youll have them off in one picture and on in the next.

and was it just the lugs on the tires that rubbed on the pinch frame or was there more? i like the look of the 32s but dont really want to trim my pinch frame...

Unread 04-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #92
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
man at work today it was 60 degrees and sunny, i wish i wouldve had the doors off.

how long does it take to take your doors off? its funny, youll have them off in one picture and on in the next.

and was it just the lugs on the tires that rubbed on the pinch frame or was there more? i like the look of the 32s but dont really want to trim my pinch frame...
Takes me like 2 minutes to take them both off.

Do you mean the pinch seam inside the front fender, or just the rear fender in general? If the front, it just freakin ate my tires, I had to fold it back.

The rear probably couldve gotten away with just going to the pinch seam and not folding it over. Ive never rubbed in the rear. Just the damn front. Im gonna have to bumpstop.

1994 Black XJ 2 door - 4.0 - Auto - Making a wheelin rig
Beefy steering - 33" Bighorns - 3" bastard lift - Welded rear

black2door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #93
JohnnyEpic
1993 XJ Cherokee 

O man, those pictures are killing me. Makes me want to punch all the 'tards in my Senior Project team for not getting their crap done on Wednesday. I showed up and everyone else screwed around so I got to spend the amazing Saturday in the lab. I really hope I can get down there again before graduation. If not I'm sure I'll definitely be down on some weekends but I'll be coming from KC. I'll definitely let you know though. Sorry I couldn't make it. I'm super pissed at my group now, it looked perfect down there.
Recovery: Rock Lizard Rock Monitor Front Bumper | Drawtite Rear Hitch | Hi-Lift All Cast 48" | Hi-Lift Wheel Adapter
Lights: Four 6" Round 100 watt lights | Two rectangular backup lights | Two Hella 500FF lights on front bumper
Other: Surco 45x50 Sarari Rack | Tranny cooler | Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat Covers
Coming Soon: Detours USA Tailbone Tire-Carrier | AJ's Super Rock Rails
JohnnyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #94
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

did you use a cotter pin or an old bolt for your door hinge pin? looks like they line up perfect
Unread 04-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #95
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
did you use a cotter pin or an old bolt for your door hinge pin? looks like they line up perfect
Mine actually has the old style hinges that you can make bassically into wrangler hinges.......BUT. We did my buddys with bolts, and it lines up real good.

Unread 04-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #96
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

cool man, im halfway through taking mine off and ofcourse, it went from 70 and sunny to 50 and cloudy today and the doors seem to not want to come off...
Unread 04-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #97
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Got a CB. Its the cheap Cobra from WalMart. Got a 4 foot fiberglass antenna and mounted through the endcap to the body.

Unread 04-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #98
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

nice man, i got the same radio and probably the same antenna. did you get any spring or fold over?

also, i got tired of mine whacking my jeep on the trail. after i get a sucro roof rack, i think im gonna re-mount mine on the roof and maybe get a 3ft fire fly or 2ft.
Unread 04-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #99
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks nice. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #100
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
nice man, i got the same radio and probably the same antenna. did you get any spring or fold over?

also, i got tired of mine whacking my jeep on the trail. after i get a sucro roof rack, i think im gonna re-mount mine on the roof and maybe get a 3ft fire fly or 2ft.
Nope no spring, its just solid in the body. I had to make it short enough to fit in the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Deer
Looks nice. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks, the CB cost me $34.95, the antenna cost $19.99, and the coax cost about $10.

Unread 04-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #101
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah thats why i got the fold over with mine, it folds the antenna down so i can fit my jeep in the garage easily. have you tuned the antenna either? i know tuners are expensive but if not tuned properly, it can damage your radio. just a heads up, i like the looks of it low like that

do you know how much range it gets yet? im hoping to also increase my range by mounting it on the roof..
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #102
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
yeah thats why i got the fold over with mine, it folds the antenna down so i can fit my jeep in the garage easily. have you tuned the antenna either? i know tuners are expensive but if not tuned properly, it can damage your radio. just a heads up, i like the looks of it low like that

do you know how much range it gets yet? im hoping to also increase my range by mounting it on the roof..
No, I havent tuned it yet. Im planning on it, Im just trying not to use it to much till then.

Dont really know the range yet, Ill wait till its tuned.

Unread 04-25-2008, 11:22 PM   #103
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

alright man

a little off subject, but do you got a sound clip of your jeep with the cherrybomb on? i watched the video of you going through that mud hole but im assuming that was stock..
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #104
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
alright man

a little off subject, but do you got a sound clip of your jeep with the cherrybomb on? i watched the video of you going through that mud hole but im assuming that was stock..
Nope that was the Cherry Bomb. I actually have a stock muffler on it now though, the Bomb got annoying, and I put a big dent in it. Although, it might go back on because I ripped the stock monster sized muffler off on a rock.

Unread 04-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #105
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i just want something a little louder, but i think straight pipe would be to loud and to illegal. just curious because it didnt sound that loud in the video..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.