Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My Build Thread - '05 TJ

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  MedicJK 
#1 · (Edited)
I had a Liberty that was on a 4 year lease for my wife which had to be returned last month. Upgraded the family in that time, and my wife is now driving a minivan. Had to find something to drive.

Stumbled across a very low mileage (7000 miles!) 2005 Patriot Blue TJ, Rocky Mountain edition that is in perfect condition. Somebody traded it in for a Hummer.

This will be my dd for (hopefully) years to come. In the month that I've had it, I've removed the milkjugs and mudflaps. Planning a 2" BB and 31's to start.

See less See more
#3 ·
Wheels, Tires and BB Lift Are Here

Wheels and Tires are here. DC-1 wheels and Mud Country 31's. I haven't seen many reviews on these tires. Anyone running them daily? I was looking for something that would be good for mild offroad use, and decent onroad performance. Found a deal on the combo, mounted and balanced.

Also, going to be putting on a Teraflex BB that is in.

Ordered a set of skyjacker hyrdros, that are backordered. But, I can't do anything until I get a CJ-7 out of my garage anyway.

#5 ·
Wheels and Tires on Temporarily

The temptation got to me, so I put the wheels and tires on. I don't have the garage space to put the lift on yet. Shocks came yesterday, and a buddy of mine is taking my CJ-7 off my hands. So, hopefully this week or next the lift will go on.

Here is how the wheels and tires look with no lift...

I'll post more pics once the lift is on.

Also, if anyone has ever had a problem getting the blue stuff off new tires, I just went to a local self serve car wash, put a dollar in, and set the machine to "Soap". It had enough pressure to take that stuff right off. I guess I could have done it at home, but the weather hasn't been good enough to get the hose out.

#7 ·
Ahh the memories.

Mine was identical to that when I bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.