My budget TJ build. Trying to stay practical - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My budget TJ build. Trying to stay practical

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My budget TJ build. Trying to stay practical

Hello everyone. I just bought my first TJ about 2 months ago. I'm not new to the jeep world, just the TJ one. ive had 2 CJ7s and 2 Cherokees. I got my hands on a 2004 TJ Rubicon. with about 98k on it. I love it! As should anyone with a jeep. So now begins the craziness of building my jeep to take on anything i want it to. But also to use it as a daily driver every day. Another requirement of my build is that i want to stay practical. when i say that i mean i don't want to just buy a 4 inch lift kit and throw it into my jeep then get some big tires and i'm good to go. if i was going to do anything to lift my jeep it would be a small 2 inch lift and keep the tires i have on it. so here are my plans for my jeep.

Bumpers (front is done)
Winch (already added before i did this thread)
Undercoating
small budget lift
trailer (yes you read that right)
air intake
exhaust
jeep armor and skid plates
lighting
complete tune up (all fluids, plugs, coils, ect)
drivetrain upgrades (axle shafts, wheel bearings and hubs)
steering upgrades
accessory for my jeep (shovel, ax, power inverter, on board air ect)
and finally lift i want and tires i want.

its going to take some time to get my jeep where i want it but at least i know that when it is ready to put my lift in and tires on everything will be ready and my jeep will be what i always wanted it to be.

Another thing about this build is its going to be all within budget. i will not dump paycheck after paycheck into my build and be hurting for money. i will only buy the things i need when i can afford it. thanks for your patience and any opinions and recommendations are welcome.

yetiwarrior82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This is the day after i bought the TJ. First thing i did was remove the side steps. hate them lol
image-8-.jpeg

Unread 06-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Few weeks later the UPS guy brought me a present A classic rock crawler bumper with d rings from Smittybilt
image-9-.jpeg

image-4-.jpeg

Unread 06-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

After the bumper was on i waited probally another week and was able to get in my winch mounting plate. I purchased this from 4wd.com also and its made by Smittybilt as well. And right behind that i got Smittybilts brand new Winch the XRC 9.5 GEN2. VERY VERY happy with the product.
image-3-.jpeg

image-2-.jpeg

Unread 06-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #5
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Flooded out the inside of my jeep but the winch works
image-10-.jpeg

Unread 06-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #6
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

After the flood out session it was time to add a little protection to my floors. I pulled all the carpets and sanded it all down and primed it all and bed lined it all. very happy with the results. Used all rust-o-lam products
image-7-.jpeg

image-6-.jpeg

image-5-.jpeg

Unread 06-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
jeep50

jeep50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up this trailer for free so i can't complain. got the plans ready for it now just to start it. i cut it down to a 4x8 for now. i'm not done yet just ran out of cutting wheels
trailer-1.jpeg

trailer-2.jpeg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.