Well I got to spend 4 or 5 hours in the shop this afternoon! I got quite a bit accomplished, although not as much as I had hoped for!
Anyway here are the pics!
I started out by remounting the fenders at 3 1/4 inch higher than stock instead of 2.5 like I had them. Didnt take any pics of the remount but here is the hood ready to be cut. I did the cutting with a pneumatic cut off tool.
Here is the hood all cut with the fender bolted back in place! I also bolted on a 33x12.5 that I had on an XJ that I am storing in the paint booth to try and figure how wide I want to build my fenders for tire coverage.
It is not as noticable as I had hoped but here is a side view of how I attempted to rake the grill back some. I actually moved the bottom of the grill about 3.5 inches forward and brought the top of the grill even with the front of the hood.
this just shows how I cut off most of the tj fender that i wont be using in order to try and figure out the rake back I want on the tops of the fenders. Once I get my tube bent I will be removing this all together just leaving the inner fender and the back portion of the outer skin where it meets the tub.
this is the start of my bracket that will be mounted to the grill assembly to weld the tube to. this is 3/16 bar stock.
I cant decide how I want to build the tubes, feel free to give advice!
I am torn between the genright style like the pic below but wider flare to cover my tires. (this is a pic i found on google, hope nobody gets upset!)
Or something more like the ones I helped build for a friend, but again with a slightly wider flare to cover the tires.
Finally I built a stand to hold my JD2 model 4 bender and the pump assembly. I used to have anchors in the floor to hold this, but they had seen better days and I wanted something that was a little easier to move around. I am going to put this on some castor wheels eventually so that I can roll it around. It is made from a piece of 1/4" plate I had kicking around. I welded a piece of angle across the center of the bottom to prevent the plate from bowing. I then welded on some 1/4 wall 1" square tubing to help stabilize it. I wanted to use 2" but I didnt have enough and I want to use this tomorrow.