My adventures into YJ ownership - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My adventures into YJ ownership

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #76
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got the raptor lining I need for the interior, just waiting on a warmer week.....aka when ever this fabled spring time hits....

forumrunner_20130424_213458.jpg

"The locks on my doors are for your protection not mine."

My YJ Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...rship-1481851/
Ken3783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #77
tjsean0308
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Put that stuff down thick. If you think you have extra for wheel wells or something. You don't. Keep spraying it on the tub. I would go monstaliner from the start next time. Much better product. But you can go over the raptor if it doesn't hold up for you down the line. So no worries.
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #78
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I wasn't planning on doing the wheel wells and after its all dried, a thick rubber mat will go over the tub and then the carpeting again. The hardtop was raptor lined as well and has held up for over a year now with out defects or color fading. You know I always appreciate your input though.

Unread 04-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #79
1992YJMan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I am only sad that I am currently at your present posts lol. I really like it man I am currently "attempting" to restore and revitalize my YJ... I am getting some good Ideas from this thread though, so I appreciate your hard work; hopefully now I won't have to work quite as hard.
1992YJMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #80
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992YJMan View Post
I am only sad that I am currently at your present posts lol. I really like it man I am currently "attempting" to restore and revitalize my YJ... I am getting some good Ideas from this thread though, so I appreciate your hard work; hopefully now I won't have to work quite as hard.
Thank you very much! Wish I could take credit for it all but several ideas are adaptations from several forums and threads....Plus mine and my friends takes on how to overcome unique issues.

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #81
dlutz94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wow dude thats nice work you did there. Whats next?
dlutz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #82
1992YJMan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken3783 View Post

Thank you very much! Wish I could take credit for it all but several ideas are adaptations from several forums and threads....Plus mine and my friends takes on how to overcome unique issues.
I hear that... A lot of innovation to make stuff work. I am no where close to where you are in the process and I'm new to Jeeps; in regards to customization and parts. If you get time check out my thread... Again keep in mind its slow going right now and at its crawl phase.
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #83
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlutz94 View Post
Wow dude thats nice work you did there. Whats next?
Thanks. Still have to install the new old D30 with 4.11s this Friday with a new cover and posi-lock cable disconnect, Raptor line the interior, install the Teraflex shock bar relocator on the rear shocks because the shocks are too long, which means I have to cut out the old exhaust and modify it to go around the shocks. Repair the rot in the driver's side door because they came off an 88 here in Mass so theyre prone to rust. Still have to replace the motor mounts, they are on my desk just need the time. Those are the next items this month before I get restationed in Sitka, Ak.

Quote:

I hear that... A lot of innovation to make stuff work. I am no where close to where you are in the process and I'm new to Jeeps; in regards to customization and parts. If you get time check out my thread... Again keep in mind its slow going right now and at its crawl phase.
We all started somewhere. Mine was a slow go for awhile because I needed the money elsewhere. Now that I'm going to Alaska I had to bump up my plans since I won't be able to make as many mods and upgrades due to lack of part availability and expensive shipping. I definitely check out your build though.

Unread 04-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #84
Oper8or
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You give me inspiration dear sir! I just traded my f250 for an 89 YJ. Drove it for a week and pop, found out it had a cracked head. So we ordered one last week and its still not here. Frustrating!

This is my first Jeep and even though its setting, I still love it. Needs tires and a lot of love but I will get there.

You do great work. Keep the pics coming! You've given me some ideas for mine. I dont know if I'll post the work I do on it, but I'm glad you did. Nice ride man. Very nice!
Oper8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #85
1992YJMan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oper8or View Post
You give me inspiration dear sir! I just traded my f250 for an 89 YJ. Drove it for a week and pop, found out it had a cracked head. So we ordered one last week and its still not here. Frustrating!

This is my first Jeep and even though its setting, I still love it. Needs tires and a lot of love but I will get there.

You do great work. Keep the pics coming! You've given me some ideas for mine. I dont know if I'll post the work I do on it, but I'm glad you did. Nice ride man. Very nice!
Copy cat ... Well we are all in the same boat now.
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #86
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oper8or View Post

Thank you much, glad I could inspire you! Yeah my header is cracked as well, not too badly but cracked none the less. Its been like that since I bought it but haven't replaced it yet. I don't really want to pour anymore money into an engine I don't plan on keeping. Once the funds are together I'm swapping the I6 for the 4BT. If the header gets worse or I notice engine related issues from it I'll replace it. There is a header made specifically with this YJ's in mind, it has a flexible-ish line built into the header so it will flex in the area its prone to have high stress. I don't know if that's the one you got but if I replace mine that's what I'll use since I haven't seen a thread as of yet warding anyone off from it.

And as far as posting my work, it's started mostly to keep track of my progress for myself and if I was completely off base some where I was hoping the vast pool of knowledge here would point out the error of my ways. But keep up the work, YJ's don't like to be left alone in the dark for long. They require attention and often, even if its just crawling around under them.

Unread 04-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #87
1992YJMan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thank you much, glad I could inspire you! Yeah my header is cracked as well, not too badly but cracked none the less. Its been like that since I bought it but haven't replaced it yet. I don't really want to pour anymore money into an engine I don't plan on keeping. Once the funds are together I'm swapping the I6 for the 4BT. If the header gets worse or I notice engine related issues from it I'll replace it. There is a header made specifically with this YJ's in mind, it has a flexible-ish line built into the header so it will flex in the area its prone to have high stress. I don't know if that's the one you got but if I replace mine that's what I'll use since I haven't seen a thread as of yet warding anyone off from it.

And as far as posting my work, it's started mostly to keep track of my progress for myself and if I was completely off base some where I was hoping the vast pool of knowledge here would point out the error of my ways. But keep up the work, YJ's don't like to be left alone in the dark for long. They require attention and often, even if its just crawling around under them.
I was check on remanufactured 4BT ENGINES and they are mad expensive. I like the power output though and the fact its diesel.
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #88
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was check on remanufactured 4BT ENGINES and they are mad expensive. I like the power output though and the fact its diesel.
Yeah, the prices can be up there if you want a completely redone 4BT. I'm willing to rebuild it myself though and completely learn the ins and outs and ensure that what I'm installing won't just up and quit on me. The 6BT's are cheaper right now and my buddy is trying to convince me into that but its just so so so heavy.

Unread 04-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #89
1992YJMan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yeah, the prices can be up there if you want a completely redone 4BT. I'm willing to rebuild it myself though and completely learn the ins and outs and ensure that what I'm installing won't just up and quit on me. The 6BT's are cheaper right now and my buddy is trying to convince me into that but its just so so so heavy.
I could do the rebuild as well I guess I didn't even think about it .... Duh lol what's the weight difference and price difference?
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #90
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I could do the rebuild as well I guess I didn't even think about it .... Duh lol what's the weight difference and price difference?
The 4BT is roughly 650lbs and the 6BT is 850-905+ dry weight not including flywheels etc. The torque can be tuned down the 6BT to get ever so slighty better mileage out of it, but power wise they are pretty much the same. If you get the whole donor truck it came from the 6BT could be cheaper in that you can sell the truck for scrap afterwards and it would have a lot of the lines, adapters etc already on it which saves money. But actually price differences I haven't went too far in depth with it. I'm mostly planning on the 4BT, so as time progresses I will just be acquiring parts I know I'll need for that swap 1 item 1 paycheck at a time til the big buy day.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.